Category :
618 North Lake Rd RICHMOND HILL , ON L4E3C5
Owner/Manager:
Jaren Bourke

Cabana Landscaping

Company Profile Interlock/ Stonework Lawn Cutting Landscape Design Drainage Solutions Sod Installation/ Repair Garden Bed Construction/ Maintenance De-Thatching/ Aeration Fertilization/ Grub Control Landscape Lighting Spring/ Fall Clean-Up Mulching Snow and Ice Control

You Might Also Consider

Doggie Doodey

All very professional, Michael came on time, walked Bella and cleaned the backyard of all the poop. He even got the poop...

shawn from Toronto 1 Apr 20, 2014

Reviews for Cabana Landscaping

Show:

Nov 09, 2013, Markham

For anyone reading this review, don’t hesitate to hire Cabana Landscaping. The owner, Jaren, was very professional, courteous and honest. I was in a great hurry to have my backyard overhauled before the ground froze. I didn’t want to wait until Spring. I needed the old grass removed, weeping tile installed to solve drainage issues, interlocking stones and stone step, armor stones, re-grade the entire backyard and install new grass. I wanted all this done quick and within a small budget. I didn’t think it was possible. Jaren assured me that he could get the job done. He started the work on October 30th and finished on November 6th, but we only had 3 dry days. Jaren had to bring in extra help to get the job done, he also had to order so much more soil than originally anticipated, but did not charge me more. He stayed within my budget. I’m not sure who’s prouder of this job, me or Jaren. It was too late in the season to plant anything behind the armor stone wall, and Jaren has a vision for how it should look. I would definitely hire Jaren again.

Oct 31, 2013, Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

We hired this company to pick up plants and trees from the nursery that we had purchased and to plant all items in our garden. We gave him an itemized list of all items that we had purchased. When we noticed that two of the items were not in the garden, we asked Jaren about this. He said that he needed to charge us extra money if to go back to the nursery for further pick up. We felt this extra charge was unfair as we had given him an itemized list in advance for the purpose of ensuring that the order for pick up was complete. We ended up paying the extra charge. I was a bit surprised to see that some of the plants were dropped into the hole and not sufficiently covered with the soil, with burlap still wrapped around the stem. I spent two hours unwrapping the burlap, covering the roots with soil and making sure that there was sufficient water. I didn't expect that I would have to do this as I thought this would have been taken care of. Jaren is an enthusiastic entrepreneur and I would have given him a higher rating on Home Stars if not for these issues.

Company Response:
I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the work. As always with all my customers I stand behind my work so if there are any concerns you have with my work, I will fix them immediately. You can call me directly anytime at (416) 859-6779

Sep 27, 2013, TORONTO

Both my neighbours house and mine have downspouts that pour into a lawn swale. This killed the grass and left large areas of soggy mess around our foundations. We had Cabana install a weeping tile and cover the area with gravel. This has helped to push the water away from the houses and help improve the drainage in this area. We were very pleased with the quality of the materials and their helpful suggestions. We look forward to working with them on other projects in the future.

Sep 08, 2013, Richmond Hill

Our property sits in the lower part of the block and it was always a problem with excess of water accumulating there in Spring as well as when it was raining. The soil is a heavy clay and the huge paddle would stay there for months in the Spring. We were looking for the local business to help us fix the drainage issues. Jaren was very professional. He assessed the area and provided a workable solution. He also suggested to connect one of our water spouts to the drainage system. When the soil was ready to dug up the crew came and finished all the job in 3 days. On the second day, when we suggested to add one more trench about 6-7 feet long, Jaren was very open and agreed to it with no issue. The experience was great! We had only a very minor issue at the end, when the container with the soil was removed from our grass. It has left some damage and we also had to power wash the parking lot from the sticky clay residue. Also I would like to add that the drainage was tested many times this year as we had tons of rain during this summer. It works great - a lot of water comes out of it. Thank you Jaren and crew very much for such a great work!

Aug 29, 2013, Markham

Cabana Landscaping with Jaren was very professional, honest and a pleasure to work with. The project was to take a completely out-of-control front/backyard and overhaul it with new sod and add an interlocking stone patio. Once the project got started, Jaren, Steve and his team did an amazing job and were extremely hard working and completed it within a reasonable budget and in a timely fashion together with accomodating any minor scope changes. I could see their expertise in understanding the restructuring of the land topology for drainage and the foundation with base layers used to support the stone patio (it's incredible the amount of material that gets trekked in and out of the place and the effort/dedication that goes into it). For the front patio there was some minor rework required and Jaren/Steve did not hesitate to ensure that it looked perfect. It is difficult to find a good/reliable contractor these days with good communications skills, and Cabana Landscaping went beyond what was expected in terms of work and results. I would like to thank them again, and would definitely endorse/use Cabana/Jaren again for any future projects.

May 22, 2013, Thornhill

I cannot say enough good things about Jaren and Cabana Landscaping. I had hired Cabana to repair a drainage issue that I had in my yard and then install a garden to surround my pool. Jaren was one of the easiest contractors i have ever dealt with, he stayed within budget and delivered as promised. He was so accommodating and always replied to my calls or emails. I have now hired Cabana for my weekly lawn service and so have a bunch of my neighbors. I can say without hesitation that Jaren and his crew are the best around.

Oct 29, 2012, North York

Craig and Jaren were great to work with. They both took the time to assess the situation and suggest a solution that works for my yard and fits in budget. They have the right tools for the job and take the time to do things right. They are very fair and reasonable to work with, when it comes to changes, extras, or working through any misunderstandings. I would have them back to do another project anytime and will continue to recommend them to my friends.

May 15, 2012, THORNHILL

We have had somewhat of a swamp for a backyard for the last couple of years and previous attempts to fix it haven't worked. Craig and Jaren were great to deal with from the quote to the completion of the job. They were very professional, kind and went above and beyond for the entire job. We loved that they outlined all the options we had and then actually told us that some of the more expensive ones were actually not necessary and we could solve the problem at a lower cost. All of the Cabana staff were a pleasure to have at our property and we will definitely call them back for any landscaping needs in the future.

Apr 28, 2012, MARKHAM

Craig and Jaren were amazing to work with. They were prepared when they came to do the estimate for the work, they provided a written quote and details about what work needed to be done. They were on time and did the work as promised in the timeframe provided. We were so impressed with how they resolved the drainage issues that we got them to come and re-sod the backyard. Amazing workmanship. Very professional guys who stand behind their work. Will definitely call them in the future for any landscaping needs.

Feb 16, 2012, TORONTO

I had Cabana Landscaping install interlock at my house. They also replaced my lawn with new sod. They fixed all my lawns drainage issues, and now my property looks great. These guys were very professional, Jaren and Craig were the best contractors I have ever dealt with. They kept my property looking clean throughout the process and worked within my budget. I look forward to have them maintain my new lawn this summer!

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
If your property is not looking the greatest and you are finding water pooling on your lawn, I would suggest you call in a professional like the guys from Cabana Landscaping. They will fix your problems and you will no longer dread letting your pets and children play on your lawn.
Company Response:
Thank you very much Jessica. It was most definitely a pleasure working with such a wonderful customer. We had a great time working on your property and we look forward to keeping it looking perfect this upcoming season. If you need anything ever just give us a call!

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!