Categories :
Hours:
Monday 8:00am~5:00pm; Tuesday 8:00am~5:00pm; Wednesday 8:00am~6:00pm; Thurs

The Deck Store

Company Profile

The Deck Store is Ontario’s largest independent deck design, supply and build company with the only substantial indoor showroom of decking, deck lighting, hardware, railings, BBQ’s, spas, and many other deck related products.

more...
Servicing:

Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Brampton, Burlington, Hamilton, Newmarket, Vaughan, Aurora, Markham, Guelph, Milton, Georgetown, St Catherines, London, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ottawa, Oshawa

Reviews for The Deck Store

Mar 10, 2014, Mississauga

From the moment we met Terry and Nelia we were confident we chose the right company for our major backyard facelift. After soliciting 3 quotes, we chose the Deck Store because we were impressed with their creativity and professionalism. It is true they are more expensive, but believe you get what you pay for, and for our project, it was important to chose the Company we felt would support us down the road should something go wrong. Although we are only in the "framing stage" of our 800+ sq foot deck! I am truly amazed how quickly the project is progressing. Carlo and Dario are truly hard workers and will stop to listen about any concerns or questions- they are true professionals! Working in subzero cold, they just keep going, smiling along the way. Although we ran into to some minor disagreement over the initial design and what was being built, Terry and Nelia were here in a heartbeat and we reached mutual consensus over what was the best design for our needs. The decking starts this week and we are truly pumped over what the finished product will look. I will post a review after the total project is completed, but so far very impressed. Even if you are a DIYer, stop by their showroom for inspiration. They even sell beautiful patio furniture.

Dec 02, 2013, Oakville

15 years ago, Terry and his crew designed and built a fairly large 3-level backyard deck incorporating a new hot tub/spa. At the time, we were given an option of using TREX as opposed to the standard cedar. Although more expensive, it has proven to be absolutely worth the added cost; 15 years, no wear or tear; no refinishing; no splinters or rotting boards; nothing but total enjoyment. After all these years, the hot tub/spa which was NOT supplied by The Deck Store, and around which the deck was built, had served out its practical lifespan. When we had the tub removed, we needed to re-do that section of decking to fill that section left from where the spa had been. Terry and The Deck Store took up what was left of that original section of TREX decking, created a new frame in place of the hot tub/spa, and installed the new and current version of TREX which matches the original almost perfectly after 15 years. On time, on budget, good clean up, good, friendly workers! We highly recommend The Deck Store in Oakville.

Jun 16, 2013, Whitby

We reviewed a number of options and companies and are glad we went with The Deck Store in Oshawa. Garth Hutchinson, the Store Manager, was amazing. He provided a design for the deck and we went with Timber Tech which turned out to be a great choice. His suggestions for lighting and railing were perfect. The installation team of Greg and Matt were very professional and were perfectionists which we appreciated. They were prompt and cleaned up after themselves. Along the way we asked for changes and they were flexible and accommodating. Garth and Greg know their business inside out and we would absolutely recommend them. You can't go wrong with this company for who they are and their workmanship. We are proud of our new deck and you will be too!

Jan 18, 2013, Oakville

We had our deck updated and redone this summer. They did an excellent job creating a new deck for us. It didn't take them long to finish the job. It took about 4-5 days and they were done. The deck was perfect when it was done. We did notice a few things after that needed fixing and the came out and fixed the spots right away no effs ands or butts. This is a great place to buy a deck from.

Jan 02, 2013, Toronto

They did a very quick job, only taking 3 or 4 days. The young men completing the job were very well mannered and hard working. I can't remember the name of the man I was dealing with most, it was probably Dave, but he was easy to deal with. My only issue was that I had to ask them to take away the old wood (which I had to carry myself to the front, as a safety precaution for my young grandchildren) from the previous deck.

Jan 02, 2013

I used The Deck Store to replace the old deck in the backyard, ie to build a composite deck. They also installed a custom made glass and aluminum rail. The building of the deck was very quick and was supposed to be done after the landscaping of the backyard but the timing worked out even better because it was completed in July, just in time for us to enjoy it all summer. We compared prices at Loews and Home Depot but building a composite deck is expensive everywhere. Megan was great to deal with at The Deck Store. Composite decks are expensive to build but well worth the investment.Very happy with the finished product.

Jan 02, 2013, Toronto

I came by The Deck Store from an internet search and they built and designed the upper and lower deck. Megan was always amazing! She was always there to answer questions and was very open to feedback. My only problem was that the workers had to return to redo the grouting between the stones and the soil. I have to call them back in the Spring to fix it. I would give Megan an 11 out of 10. She was superb.

Dec 19, 2012

I found The Deck Store online and I liked them because they were the rare company to offer to only do the structure of the deck, and let me do the finish on my own. I already had a design in mind but Stan helped me with the sizing and in finding what worked best for us. I also liked how flexible they were, ie with giving me more material if need be, or in taking away things that weren't necessarily needed. They saved me time and money in letting me do the finish of the deck on my own time.

Dec 19, 2012

I did a Google search for deck places and I was impressed with their site. They came to do measurements on our current deck, gave us a good quote, and we proceeded from there. In my dealings with Dave Sheppard he was always very responsive and addressed all of my concerns. They took off the top boards only because the base was still in good shape. I would highly recommend them.

Dec 18, 2012

I came upon The Deck Store at a recent Homeshow because we were in the market for a new deck. They provided a quote for the service and we compared it with other companies and liked their design and price point the best. They ripped out most of the deck that was standing and gave us a start date, duration time and kept us informed throughout the entire process. They were clean, on time, and courteous. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Company Profile

Products & Services

Products
We are a composite & pvc decking materials dealer for many premium manufacturers. The Deck Store is a Timbertech Gold Dealer and has attained the status of the largest volume dealer in Ontario. We carry and sell the complete TimberTech line of products including decking, railing, lighting and more. The Deck Store is also a dealer of Azek, Trex, Fiberon, Guardeck, Wolf, Endeck, and more. The Deck Store also sells Maax Spas, Adjustable Patio Covers , Deckorators Balusters, Bison roof tiles, Aluminum railings, underdeck systems, artificial glass, outdoor LED lighting, Rubarock rubber safety surfacing and other outdoor products. Besides the low maintenance materials The Deck Store has established itself as a major distributor of IPE Decking in Ontario. We stock an excellent selection of IPE Lumber at all times. Along with IPE wood, we also carry Garapa, Cumaru, Tiger Deck, and Massaranduba.
Services
deck design, decking materials, deck building, landscaping, Professional Installation, Deck Framing, Garden lights installation,
Brands
Azek, Endeck, Fiberon, WeatherReady, Guardeck, Kleer, TimberTech, Trex, Wolf Decking, Veka, Aeratis, Moisture Shield, Hercules, Resysta, Bison, Hardwoods, Cedar, Pressure Treated, Abaco, Kayu, Thermory, Diamond Essence, Stone Deck, Rubaroc, Softile, Aluminum Decking, Artificial Grass, Star Rail, CPL Rail, Ultra Rail, Deckorators, Fortress Rail, Prova System, Nuvo Iron, Dek Drain, Rain Escapes, Dry Space, Zip Up, Adjustable Patio Cover, Solana Awnings, Maax Spas, De-Kor, Aurora Experience, High Point Deck Lighting, I Lighting, TimberTech Deck Lites, Trex Lights, Azek Lights, Fortress Lights, HidFast Fasteners, Shadoe Track, Mantis Clip, Hidden Link, Cortex, Camo, Titan Post Anchor, EZ Post, Simpson Strong Tie, Starborn Screws, TrimTop Screws, Fastenmaster Screws, SigmaDek , Penofin, Messmers, Deck Max,
Styles
contemporary, traditional
Specialties
deck expert, designer, carpenter, material expert,

Credentials & Financial Information

1986
Credit Card, check, cash
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!