Category :
GLOUCESTER , ON K1V1H4
Owner/Manager:
Bill Vail

Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

Company Profile Servicing Ottawa with handyman services since2007. renovations, decks, doors, repairs, gutters, basements, kitchens, bathrooms, custom showers, tile, laminate, hardwood, painting, drywall, contractor, flood damaged homes, landscaping, baseboard, trim, crown moulding, plumbing, fixtures, appliance/ electronic hook-ups, interior or exterior

You Might Also Consider

Sandy Hill Construction Ltd

The contract was clear, precise, and reflected our requirements to the letter. The crew was efficient, punctual and...

Brock from Ottawa 1 Apr 03, 2014

Reviews for Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

Show:

Feb 12, 2014, Gloucester

I found Vail Renovations through HomeStars. Bill responded quickly to provide me with a quote and was able to help me with a good sized list of things I needed help with to get my home ready to sell (about 3 and a half days work). He gave me some great advice and made sure that I was happy with the work that was done. He was having some problems getting his e-mails from Rogers account but he was easy to reach by phone.

Feb 04, 2014, Ottawa

In order to be more organized and look more polished I had built in shelves put into my front hall closet. A place for everything and everything in its place. Vail renovations did an outstanding job, giving me options to make it economical yet look polished. I have an old house so they also had to deal with the fact that nothing is level in my house, which made the job that much more "interesting".

Company Response:
thank you Kate if I can help in the future don't hesitate to contact me. the unlevelness was a surprise at the start of the project but nothing that couldn't be overcome and wasn't a big surprise considering the century home. glad I could help take care

Dec 23, 2013, Ottawa

Bill was very quick to respond to my initial request to see if a couple of small jobs could get done before christmas. He came and did an assessment and provided me with an accurate quote that in the end was the final cost for the project (No additional fees etc). Bill was easy to work with and we were able to find a time that worked for both of our schedules. He arrived on time and was able to get both jobs done in one day. I'm very happy with the work and would recommend him to family and friends.

Company Response:
Thank you for the great feedback. If I can help in the future please let me know. All workmanship has a 1 year warranty as well. Take care and merry Christmas to you and your family

Nov 11, 2013, Ottawa

We had Bill remove and retile and paint our foyer. They did a phenomenal job - they arrived on time, were professional during the entire process and worked HARD! They kept to budget and the workmanship was excellent. I would be happy to work with Bill again in the future!

Company Response:
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you're happy with the final product even with the extras and such. And please let your son know his picture is proudly displayed in the office and keep up the great work. If we can help anywhere please don't hesitate to contact us.

Oct 14, 2013, Ottawa

Bill from Vail Renovations was extremely helpful and honest. He provided advice on where to get the toilet we needed as it was an odd size, and made the entire process worry free. He also showed up on time and made scheduling very simple. I'd definitely recommend Vail Renovations to others and look forward to working with them again in the future.

Company Response:
Glad we could help. If we can help in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Enjoy the bathroom

Sep 04, 2013, Dunrobin

Bill stayed on his quote; stayed on time, didn't disappear, and checked back to make sure we were completely satisfied with the job. He went over and above the duties agreed to. I recommend Vail Renovations

Company Response:
Thank you for your review. And enjoy the finished space in your basement. If I can help in the future please let me know. I noticed a rating of 8 out if ten. Please feel free to send me an email explaining how I can improve

Aug 01, 2013, Ottawa

Bill was wonderful. He was quick, explained what he was going, and made everything look so nice when he was done. He even painted the wood prices to match the walls.

Company Response:
Thank you guys. Glad to have been able to help on short notice. If I can help in the future don't hesitate to call. Stay cool!!

Jul 16, 2013, Ottawa

Bill just put up a kitchen backsplash for us and we are so pleased with it. Working with natural stone seems to be a bit more difficult and messy but Bill did the work in one day, efficiently and with minimal mess. His instructions, both about what materials to buy and how to care for it afterwards were very clear. The backsplash is stunning and the kitchen looks like a whole new place. We were considering doing this ourselves with the help of my two brothers-in-law but I am glad we hired Bill. This was certainly money well spent and I will be calling him in future for any other jobs. Thank you once again!

Company Response:
Thank you for the great review. If there are any issues pleas let me know. If you are going to attempt the next one and need advice don't hesitate to ask. Take care.

May 24, 2013

Bill did a great job updating our bathroom with a new fan, regrouted/sealed our shower, reseated toilet. Also installed a new faucet in our kitchen (and recommended a website to buy the faucet at a great price). The work was done as expected, and on time, and he was very helpful with our pre-workday questions. The only reason not to give 5 stars is that I had a minor question for him after the job, but he did not respond to my call or email. Must have been busy...but still.

Company Response:
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad your happy with the work. I do appologize for the confusion as I did attempt to return your calls without success. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

May 13, 2013, GLOUCESTER

I had him add a door for an alcove I wished to close off in the basement. He built the header, did the drywall and matched the paint then re-hung all the other bi-fold doors. He was very professional, conscientious and I really appreciated his attention to detail. I would highly recommend his services.

Company Response:
Thank you Im glad i was able to help The basement looks so much better with the doors in place. If i can help in the future don't hesitate to call

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!