Category :
Owner/Manager:
Daniel Smith

Strokes of Genius Painting

Company Profile

Everyone in Ottawa is in a rush to complete a house painting project... But nobody wants a rushed paint job.

THAT'S WHERE WE COME IN!

As Ottawa's Premier Short-Notice and Quick-Booking Interior and Exterior HousePainters, we at Strokes of Genius Painting pride ourselves on delivering quality, guaranteed work at a reasonable price... AND in a reasonable timeframe!

more...
Servicing:

Ottawa, Gatineau and surrounding areas (up to 50KM radius depending on job size.)

Reviews for Strokes of Genius Painting

Show:

Apr 12, 2014, Kanata

I would like to highly recommend Strokes of Genius Painting. They have painted my home on two separate occasions and I have been extremely satisfied with their professionalism and the beautiful paint job they did for me recently. I am so pleased that I am now hiring them to do work on my outside deck. They were able to paint two bedrooms, a bathroom , closet , second bedroom, hallway, living room, dining room, and solarium in one and a half days. There was no clean up necessary on my part when the work was completed. Their painters are friendly, professional and genuinely care about their work.

Jan 31, 2014, Nepean

Strokes of Genius just finished up at my house...They were great! We are nearing the end of a massive renovation & addition project at our house. Of all the companies we have dealt with throughout this ordeal, Dan and his crew would receive the highest compliments. For starters, the simple stuff, they showed up every day at the time they promised (this is a rare trait in the construction industry). Once the first stages were complete, my builder contracted them to do a bunch of the finishing work as the company who previously completed it did a sub par job. Also, they set a goal to finish early and had 5 people over today to complete the work. Our tradesmen, my wife and myself can only say wow when they walk through and view the finished product. Thanks for the fantastic work guys!

Helpful? Yes No
This review has been flagged for verification.
U from Kanata Jan 03, 2014
Why am I seeing this?

Dec 28, 2013, Ottawa

Really impressed with how Daniel and his crew were able to get our project completed on time under less than ideal scheduling circumstances. He was able to accommodate last minute changes and when we decided mid-job to get all new baseboard trim replaced, his other business (Right Angle Renos-?) and Matt's crew, had it done in a day. Priced slightly higher than others we contacted for bids, and Daniel can take a while returning a call or email, but I would recommend to a friend in a second.

Dec 04, 2013, Kanata

I just wanted to note how great the work they did was. Daniel was very nice, and met us for a quote the next day or so. He was very accommodating with the schedule, and the price was reasonable. He was also very understanding about us already having bought the paint (we were going to do it ourselves but chickened out). To be totally honest, we normally do all our own painting and we hired them to do an area that was too complicated for us. I felt a little guilty spending the money to hire 'the pros' - that is until the work was done! It makes the rest of my painting look pretty bad. LOL. I have never seen such straight lines and not a brush mark to be seen! I am a convert! I am absolutely thrilled with their work and will definitely use them again in future. The guys were very friendly, and genuine - which was also a bonus. VERY pleased - highly recommend!! A+

Nov 07, 2013, Gloucester

I was so pleased with the results of the last time I hired Strokes of Genius that I knew I'd ask them back once our new basement Reno was at an advanced stage. We could have done Daniel's team a favour by having the new carpet installed after they'd painted, but things don't always go in the ideal order. It didn't matter in the end because the job was done beautifully in just 2 days. Normally I don't mind doing a bit of painting myself, but Strokes of Genius is so good, so efficient, and their prices so reasonable that I may not take up a brush again! Thanks guys!

Oct 26, 2013, Ottawa

Price included taxes, paint and many smaller items (eg. trims, doors, external doors, bit of ceiling, etc). Daniel was awesome. Personable, patient, prompt in his email responses and very accommodating when it came to quoting aspects of the job individually and adapting to changes in the scope. The job was well done and was done quickly, neatly without too much need for micromanagement of the painters. I believe it took 3 or 4 days total and there were 3 workers there each day. Genuinely believe the $3000 of paint increased our home value considerably when it came to sale.

Oct 04, 2013, Ottawa

Have recommended this company to anyone who asks, and there have been many ! Easy to deal with, fair minded, on time, clean work, high quality, accurate estimates, and good communications ...they have it all. Daniel and Matt and all the crew were total pros. Best contractor I have ever hired and will be my first call next time for sure.

Sep 22, 2013, Ottawa

This is the 2nd time we have used Daniel and his team and we cannot say enough good things about them. Professional and the results are amazing. We will be almost 11 months in this new house and everyone compliments on the job and we always recommend they speak to Daniel for all their needs - big or small.

Aug 19, 2013, Ottawa

Daniel and his team of painters are just incredible! I called him a week before we moved into our new home and he somehow managed to get the job started on time. His quote was truthful and there were no "surprises" at all, and the painters were clean, respectful, on time and always swept / vacuumed after. We accidentally scratched a wall moving our stuff around, and they fixed (putty and paint) it for free. The color consultant was also a great help. The painters were all very professional and did a superb job with meticulous attention to detail, especially Brian, who did the majority of the job. Thanks guys! We'll be calling you when we want to paint again.

Company Profile

THAT'S WHERE WE COME IN!

As Ottawa's Premier Short-Notice and Quick-Booking Interior and Exterior House Painters, we at Strokes of Genius Painting pride ourselves on delivering quality, guaranteed work at a reasonable price... AND in a reasonable timeframe!

The conventional wisdom holds that if you want a painting project done, you either have to pay exorbitant rates to a professional painting contractor and wait months and months until they can fit you in,  or you pay a fly-by-night painter to do a rush job if you can't afford the cost or the wait...

But what if you could get professional painting, AND have it done on your schedule?

At Strokes of Genius Painting, we challenge the conventional wisdom to give you the best of both worlds.

Because we only hire the most experienced, courteous and polite painters, when you book with us you can be sure of the quality of our workmanship. In fact, we're so confident in our work that we guarantee it against any failures for 3 Years.

But because of our unique staffing strategy, we can offer a quality paint job at an affordable price AND work with your schedule to complete your painting project efficiently!

---

Are you planning a larger project, with flooring, fine carpentry, kitchen, bathroom or other renovations? Check out our well-reviewed and Award-Winning renovations division Right Angle Renovations too: http://homestars.com/companies/2811854-right-angle-renovations

Products & Services

Products
Pittsburgh Paints, Benjamin Moore
Services
Painting interior/exterior, drywall installation and repair, minor carpentry, cabinet refinishing, wallpaper removal and application, faux finishing, murals, building/renovation (collaboratively with partner companies.)
Brands
Strokes of Genius Painting, GreenStrokes Painting, Right Angle Renovations
Specialties
Interior painting, exterior painting, minor drywall repair, full cabinet spray refinishing, stucco repair, stipple repair, faux finishes, murals.

Credentials & Financial Information

2003
3 Year Written Warranty.
Check, Cash (HST still collected)
Full WSIB insurance for worker injury.
Ottawa SEA: Sustainable Enterprise Alliance, Homestars.com Best Of 2010 and 2011.
None
PROJECT RATE
Priced by the project, estimates free.
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
3 years interior, 2 years exterior

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!