Categories :
Istvan (Steven) Fekete

Black Forest Woodworking

Company Profile

Cabinetry & Millwork, Fireplace Mantels

20 years of experience, both in Europe and Canada. All cabinets, wall-units, mantles and furniture are built with the highest quality wood, finishing and hardware.
Excellent customer service and on time installation.

more...
Servicing:

Greater Toronto Area

Reviews for Black Forest Woodworking

Show:

May 29, 2011, Oakville

We hired Istvan right off of Homestars after reading so many positive reviews. We were not disappointed; he was extremely meticulous in his planning of our cabinet and never made a move without our approval. The end result is a gorgeous, incredibly functional piece that everyone comments on the second they come into our living room. Istvan is very personable and has a commendable work ethic that is not easy to find. We will definitely be hiring Istvan again to work on some future projects - can't wait to see what he creates next time!

Mar 22, 2011, Toronto

After a long search, I decided on using Black Forest Woodworking for my custom wallunits and fireplace. I live in an older home, so it was very important that the new built-in units and mantle match the existing floor and trim. Istvan was very professional throughout the entire process. He kept us informed of how things were progressing, provided various samples, and was even able match the wood colour we wanted. The quality of the unit is amazing and it has transformed our living room. We would not hesitate to use Black Forest Woodworking again in the future.

Jan 26, 2011, Etobicoke

Thank-you so much to Home stars for recomendation. Steve was unbeleivable. Great service, reliable and at a price that was exceptionally lower than the other quotes we had received. We have already decided to use him for three other projects in the future. Huge thanks to both Steve at Blackforest and Homestars!

Dec 23, 2010, Scarborough

i hired steven for my bathroom project i gave him the picture and got him to build it for me he did such a fantastic job i got him to do rest of my projects he is very easy to work with, he listens really well and he delivers amazing work , i highly recommend him for any of your woodworking projects.

Dec 22, 2010, OAKVILLE

Steven built us a living room cabinet. His craftsmanship is outstanding. He kept us informed throughout the building process and was accommodating to our requests for minor changes. Steven's friendly nature, made dealing with him an absolute pleasure. We will definitely be recommending Black Forest to all our friends and family. Thanks for your great work Steven!!

Dec 20, 2010, Etobicoke

Steve at Black Forest Woodworking had great ideas for a custom fireplace mantle we wanted for our master bedroom. What he delivered was exceptional - great quality of wood, beautiful rich staining and a clever hidden drop down storage door for our Blu Ray player. Steve came and cheerfully installed the unit professionally and cleaned up perfectly. We recommend Black Forest Woodwarking as an A+ firm.

Dec 14, 2010, KLEINBURG

Steven's customer service was fabulous. We knew we wanted a wood mantel but I didn't know what design. When he came in, he looked at where we wanted to have it installed and designed a beautiful mantel for us. We were extremely happy with the way it turned out and he had it installed by the date we agreed on.

Dec 13, 2010, Etobicoke

We'd been working on a renovation project to a small living room that grew in scope, as these things do, and ended up requiring a new fireplace with a floor to ceiling mantle, dry bar, and built-in cabinets. While I have a stable of tradesmen for most things, I definitely didn't know anyone who could pull off the level of detail and finish required for this room. The interior designer wanted a granite surround around the fireplace and a granite counter-top for the dry bar so the custom adjoining cabinets and mantle had to be of high quality seeing as I was going to spend that kind of money on the stone. Knowing no-one who could make the cabinets I was referred to Black Forest Woodworking and its owner Istvan (Steve) who's shop was not far away in Mississauga. Steve worked with our designer from the initial sketches and produced a quote the next day. Steve gave us options on wood and finish that would affect the price but even the most expensive wood and finish was within our original budget and after a couple of meetings my wife and I felt it was a good fit and we hired Black Forest. The finished product was absolutely fabulous, beyond my expectations, and was finished on-time. It is now the show-piece in our home. I would, without reservation, recommend Black Forest for any cabinetry or fine woodworking projects. Excellent work, excellent value too. The owner, Steve, is very nice. He even brought me goulash for lunch once.

Nov 14, 2010, Toronto

Steve of Black Forest Woodworking created a custom fireplace mantel with a book shelfing wall unit that was a very beautiful piece. We tried many contractors for this and none of them were right for us, Steve was the only one that knew what we wanted. Steve did a great job and I recommend him to anyone that needs a contractor.

Oct 26, 2010, Toronto

We wanted a major piece of furniture in our basement (shelving, TV, fireplace, pantry, etc). Steve was very helpful with the design, produced a piece of the highest quality and delivered it on time for a reasonable price. Overall our best experience by far with a contractor in our new house.

Company Profile

Cabinetry & Millwork, Fireplace Mantels

Excellent customer service and on time installation.

Products & Services

Products
Custom Built-in Cabinets, Fireplace Mantels, Vanities, Libraries, Bars, Wall Units, Kitchens

Credentials & Financial Information

Cheque or Cash
Received Cabinetry Diploma in Hungary in Technical School.
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!