Category :
Basement Renovation
Address:
North Vancouver , BC

A Carpenter and A Gentleman

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

EA Renovations Ltd.

015 (3).jpg

Mark, Nino, and team took our unfinished basement to a beautiful new one-bedroom suite in less than 3 months. The job...

Marg from Vancouver 1 Apr 07, 2014

Reviews for A Carpenter and A Gentleman

Jul 30, 2012, Richmond

I wanted to add an addition to my house so I contacted carpenter and a gentleman to help me build a deck for the back yard. I was satisfied with the time but not so much on the cost of the project.

Helpful? Yes No

Jul 30, 2010, North Vancouver

We have done several major home renovations in the past fifteen years but this was by far the worst managed and performed. As the project manager, the owner of C & G was thoroughly disorganized, without a step by step plan on how to proceed, wanted to cut corners or proceed without the necessary information, and most of his crew did not have the skills or information they needed to do the work. We came home every night from our own jobs to find more and more problems and issues and spent hours online researching renovation (drainage, plumbing, heating, framing) so we could have a little knowledge to direct the workers and subtrades. We had to call in a drainage expert and a home inspector to get some advice. After two and a half incredibly stressful months, we fired C & G and finished the project ourselves, resulting in a 3 month reno stretching to almost eight, and the costs increasing by 40%. Work had to be taken apart or taken down because something else should have been done first or it was done wrong (for example, a window built lower than the future counter). All our exterior drainage had to be dug up and redone by professionals. Same with framing and plumbing. Working with this company was a nightmare - communication was a tremendous struggle, the project was wholly mismanaged and the workmanship lacked quality and attention to detail.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!