Category :
Owner/Manager:
Diana Livshits

Krumpers Solar Blinds

Company Profile

Transparent Dual Modular (summer / winter) Solar Blinds. Reduce energy consumption by up to 40%. Lab tested and customer endorsed. Various styles available including a specifically engineered solution for skylights and trapezoid windows.

more...
Servicing:

Ottawa and the National Capital Region, with shipping across Canada.

Reviews for Krumpers Solar Blinds

Oct 25, 2012, Ottawa

I had blinds put on the windows down the sides of the door and along the top, plus in two bedrooms, one of which was too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Not only are the blinds economical, they also provide some privacy. I was extremely happy with the whole process and the professionalism of the owners who personally did the initial assessment and measuring, along with the installation.

Oct 25, 2012, Casselman

Had these installed in 2009. They have done and exceeded what we were told they would accomplish...in summer keeps home cool less of a need for A/C operation. In winter they really help in keeping the cold from coming in. We regularly alternate them summer to winter. They work fantastically. Our home is a two story house...many windows...really worth the investment.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review

Oct 25, 2012, Ottawa

I am very displeased with the product. Although the product does reduce the glare somewhat and some of the heat, by 4 pm it is impossible to sit in the solarium and by 6 pm it is impossible to sit in the dining room - much too sunny and hot. I think the owners should have known after 30 years in the business that the blinds don't work on the 17th floor of a building.

Sep 13, 2012, Ottawa

I am so happy that I found such a good product! It not only saves me money, but also makes the temperature in the home more comfortable. The service is very friendly and professional.

Company Response:
Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Aug 06, 2012, Ottawa

The service was first class from the first meeting to the installation. The blinds are of excellent quality and just gorgeous, really really beautiful. The gentleman who installed them was extremely nice, knowledgeable and professional. The whole experience has really been a pleasure.

Mar 27, 2012, ORLÉANS

I have a skylight in my home that was radiating so much heat in the summer months, it was unbearable to walk up to the second floor. I read about Krumpers in a magazine and invited Diana to my home for a consultation. She showed me the product (and that I can still see the stars at night through the material!) I was sold! I have had it installed and "flip" in between seasons to achieve not only home comfort, but financial comfort of heating and air conditioning savings. I endorse their product and personal service completely!

Company Response:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

Mar 06, 2012, Ottawa

I live on a courtyard where other residents of my building frequently walk by. These blinds have given me daytime privacy and I can still enjoy the view. Not to mention that my heating/air conditioning costs are approx. $100/mo less. Yuri and Diana were delightful to deal with: pleasant, knowledgeable, prompt, easy to reach and great follow-up. They exemplify outstanding customer service to support the quality product they sell.. I recently had some renovations done that required the blinds be taken down. Even though it is a year since I purchased them, Yuri returned at no charge to re-install them for me. He even cleaned off the builder's dust. In summary, Krumper's Solar Blinds have been wonderful to deal with and their product has more than met my expectations.

Company Response:
Thank yo so much for taking the time to write. Everyone at Krumpers strives to deliver not only the best possible window blinds but moreover to provide the customer with a great experience. Thank you so much for letting us know that our goal has been met. Diana

Feb 24, 2012, CARLETON PLACE

We have a bungalow which has huge glass windows and doors all along the south side of the house. Diana & Yury said it was called a 'passive solar house' -- I called it 'too hot to be comfortable in the afternoon'. We were introduced to Krumpers through a Groupon coupon, otherwise I don't think I would have found them on my own. We invited Diana and her husband to come out and measure our bedroom window for some blinds as the heat of the sun coming through the window would wake us up in the morning. My husband and I sat through the scientific demonstration of the patented blind material and were sold based on the numbers and percentages we were hearing, but all the while we were thinking "what are these 'numbers' actually going to feel like?" We got our blinds installed right on time. Not too long after that, we had some tradespeople come to fix some deficiencies on our new home. One of the deficiencies ivolved raising the new Krumper blind in the bedroom so the tradesperson could access the window hardware. When he finished, he closed the bedroom door. Later in the afternoon I opened the bedroom door and was met with a wall of heat, and for a minute I couldn't figure out why. Then I walked over to the window, and saw that the fellow had left the Krumper blind raised up on the center section of a 3 section window -- just ONE section, and the room felt as warm as it had before we had the new blinds installed. I rolled the blind down, and then everything returned to normal in a relatively short period of time. I just had to tell Diana about my 'AHA!' moment, as well as anybody else who cared to listen. Thanks Diana & Yury -- not only for the SUPER blinds, but for you kind and caring tips on everything from an additives to the dog food to keep him from shedding, to a great idea for stained glass with copper! Best Wishes, Anna & Brian

Company Response:
Dear Anna and Brian, thank you so much for taking the time to write. Everyone at Krumpers aims to make not only the best product possible but moreover to make sure that the entire process from demonstration to installation and beyond is not only enjoyable but also informative and usefull. Thank you again. Diana

Dec 13, 2011, Kanata

I LOVE these blinds! They make a huge difference to tthe comfort level of mr room and they look great - actually they are nearly invisible.Diana and co were fabulous to work with- I would recommend them and their product to everyone

Company Response:
Thank you so much, we really appreciate you taking the time to write.

Dec 05, 2011, ORLÉANS

My family has Krumpers Solar BLinds in the skylights in our home. They are wonderful products. They reflect the heat in summer, and in the fall, you reverse the blinds (easy peasy to do) so they'll keep the heat inside. Besides the energy savings, we love the bright sunlight, but don't like the glare - Krumpers' blinds are a fantastic product to give us our natural light, but enabling us to still sit comfortably and/or watch TV in skylighted rooms (which we couldn't do previously). Diana and Yuri are extremely professional, courteous, and knowledgeable people; and are very attentive to your needs. I'd highly recommend them, and their product.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We strive to provide not only an excellent product but also the right product for the right room. Thank you again. Diana

Company Profile

Sales and Installation of Krumpers Solar Blinds, Consultations
Brands
Krumpers Climate Control Solar Blinds
Styles
Roller Solar Blinds, Vertical Solar Blinds, Skylight Solar Blinds, Trapezoid Solar Blinds, etc.,
Specialties
Window insulation with a clear, unobstructed view

Credentials & Financial Information

2008
Visa, MasterCard, Cheque, Cash
Better Business Bureau
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
5 year warranty

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!