Category :
Edmond Thomas Thomas
Hours:
PST 9.00am - 5.00pm

Vega Line Moving & Storage Services

Company Profile Our Mission is to provide high quality, reliable, safe and affordable moving and storage services to our customers. Our Vision is to be a world class moving services company by delivering high quality moving services and extraordinary solutions through exceptional employees. If you require any assistance or information to plan ...

You Might Also Consider

Carefree Moving

Logo.png

This company actually saved my moving. Initially I made an agreement with other movers, but night before the scheduled...

Stefanie from Le Plateau-Mont-Royal 1 Apr 15, 2014

Reviews for Vega Line Moving & Storage Services

Show:

Mar 02, 2014, Brampton

I moved from Saskatoon to Brampton last Sept (2013) and chose Vega line because I was quoted a very low price and Alex seemed friendly and helpful on the phone. When it came time to move, I was told that the moving truck was delayed in Calgary. My things were then taken to a storage unit that did not belong to Vega Line. Then, the replacement truck was "too full" for my belongings when I called a couple days later. In the end, the moving truck left Saskatoon 5 days later than when it was scheduled, and I had to endure 16 days Brampton without my furniture. Alex turned very rude and uncaring every time I called, desperate to know what was happening with my things. When the movers finally arrived at my door in Brampton, they began unloading someone else's furniture. The WRONG FURNITURE! AND THEY WERE CHARGING ME ALMOST 4TIMES WHAT I WAS QUOTED. I had to barter down the price but they only gave me a 12% discount. The staff at Vega Line were dishonest, unprofessional, and extremely disorganized. I have told all my friends never to choose this company no matter how friendly they seem at the onset.

Jan 08, 2014, Steveston

My family moved from Los Angeles, CA to Vancouver, BC. The move ended up costing us 3 times what we were quoted. In addition, two of our boxes went missing, one of which just happened to have my wife's jewelry box in it. They blamed their other customers for not being honest about mis-delivered boxes as if mis-delivering boxes was a regular part of their process! I wish that we had checked with the Better Business Bureau prior to hiring them. They are not accredited, probably because of all the complaints against them.

Dec 29, 2013, Nepean

Do not engage with this company! We shipped our daughters belongings from Ottawa to Chilliwack using vega line moving, on December 7. We were given a quote that indicates shipment would be delivered in 7-10 days from the warehouse. I was made aware that our shipment was in the warehouse by December 8... And yet it is now December 29th and the shipment has not been delivered....we have no belongings and the company is not providing any assurance of delivery....the last phone call a couple of days ago, they told us it would be delivered december 29.... They are now not answering our calls nor emails. We have no clothes, furniture or any of our personal items. And is now costing us 250$ a night for accommodations in an unfamiliar city...I understand that the weather did cause some delay...but we are now at 19 days beyond their quoted ability...more than enough to accommodate weather. At this point we have no idea on how to get our stuff.

Dec 11, 2013, Airdrie

This is a horrible company that preys on anyone. I asked for an in home estimate and was reassured, by MERT, that I would not need one. The final total ended up becoming 3 times what I was "quoted". Horrible company! Stay far away from them!

Dec 08, 2013, Sooke

I have never moved before with a moving company, I would never, never use or recommend this Company to anyone, beware they are untruthfull, they give you false hope. We moved from Vermilion AB to Sooke BC. Our nightmare of a move started when Alex contacted me, I let him know that I had a lot of stuff, including a 20'x10' storage. He reassured me that it would all fit, and bumped the lbs up from 4000 to 8000 I asked it he would come and view or if I could send pictures once again reassuring me it would all fit. He also said that the same drivers picking up the belongings would also be the ones delivering them. Alex also said we would get a 5% discount. Well they showed up with too small of a truck, Alex then said another truck would be out and that the first truck would be on its way, we headed out to Sooke and 2 days later when the truck was to arrive I phoned and was told that the truck would not be out till it had all our belongings, we were without anything for 5 days, they would not pick up hotel fees or reimburse for food. In 5 days when our truck arrived it had all our beds tied onto the back of the truck, which just drove through rain and snow to get here, our box springs and mattresses were soak and stained! I paid an extra $500.00 that I was not told about to wrap belongings, and were damaged anyway. We were told that we could not claim damage on items that we packed our selves even though they loaded and unloaded them 2 times, our stuff showed up in a different truck from the original one, with different drivers, (thanks for the reassuring words Alex all ) We were missing boxes of clothes, kitchen appliances, tools, the top to our Christmas tree, big items like my scaffold. When I phoned back I was told Alex was on Vacation, and had to deal with Sam, and his manager, I was then told that I would get a discount for the situation, when I mentioned about the first discount I was reassured that I would get 10% for the move. . I had to pay full price of $10,000.00 to move my some 8000lbs and they would not unload until payment was in their hand, and there were no discount on the invoice, when I question I was told that they could come back after they get the account straightened out. At that point I paid, in trust that Sam would do the manly thing and straighten this mess out, Well what was I thinking, they have their $10,000.00 After many calls Sam said that some belonging would not fit on the truck and were left behind in Edmonton and would be delivered soon, 2 weeks later I did receive some of my scaffold, and part of a tree stand, still missing lots. Sam would never call me back as promised. Do not waist your time and be the next victim of this so called moving company. It was the worst experience that I have had and I am still trying to work things out with not muck luck not true on their word. Global here I come!!! Dale.

Oct 21, 2013, Calgary

They quoted me for $1495 including all cost and promised to deliver in 7-10 days. After one month when I didn't get after sending so may emails and phone calls, I finally sent them legal notice. Then they send my shipment. On the day of delivery, some other called and said that I have to pay $1900+. I asked him to let me speak to the agent who quoted me earlier. He replied that I have fired him just now and I am the manager. If you dont pay what I say then we will take it back and later you have to pay cost. I had no choice but to pay them. They started to put my items in hurry. I saw some items broken and missing. I told them about this and said that we don't know about it. You need to complain the office. They didn't even bothered to check what items I shipped and what they are delivering. They asked me to sign few papers and said that they will send me a copy of this. When they initially send me the quote, they gave in writing that they will weigh it and charge accordingly. But they never did any weight. Neither in Toronto nor in Calgary. Just said, your shipment is 2900+ lbs and until you pay in full we will not deliver it. This is the worse company in Canada for moving. There are thousands of people treated the same way by this company. They have so many disputes on bbb.org.

Oct 06, 2013, Vancouver

Here is my honest, unsolicited review of Vega. First, the good: - They picked up my stuff within the window they said they would, and dropped it off within the window as well. This was in contrast to Atlantic when I moved out to BC, who were days late on both ends, and hours outside the window on the day they did come. (Cited "traffic" as the reason ... thanks). - The move took 2 weeks, which I think was reasonable for cross-country. Again, Atlantic took a month to do the same. - My stuff was undamaged, although I packed it well myself and did not send any furniture (I learned my lesson on the way out). They did ignore my "this side up" writing on the boxes though. The bad: - I thought my goods weighed about 500 lbs, and MERT quoted me $508 for the move. When I got the bill, it was for $820.38. The reason was a scaling charge ($45) that he never mentioned, and a scaled weight of 920 lbs!! Of course I looked into rescaling, but the policy is ridiculous. You pay $250 to have it weighed at a time of their choosing, and you have to be available to come by with 30 minutes notice to witness it. Uh, no thanks guys. I received shipment and weighed the goods myself with a luggage scale, and got 520 lbs. The delivery guys were savvy enough to force me to pay before unloading, otherwise I wouldn't have paid at all. So, I took a video of myself weighing everything and called MERT. He referred me to Sam, his manager, whom I was able to get ahold of quickly. I explained that I had these videos, and hoped that there was just some 'mistake' and someone had written down 920 instead of 520. He did some estimations and said "23 items at 40 lbs each is 920." I said half of them weighed 10-15 lbs so that estimation is horribly biased, and he immediately offered me $200 back, which was promptly paid on the CC. In conclusion, I paid about $100 more than expected, although I was happy with the resolution. Based on the other responses here, I think Vega probably does not actually bother to weigh your items, and just estimates it using a formula such as the one Sam used. Of course, expect it to be higher. I suggest weighing your goods ahead of time and making it clear to them that you know the weight. Perhaps that will force them to be honest. order # 3783

Oct 01, 2013, Калгари

My husband and I used Vegaline services in August 28, 2013 from Toronto, ON to Calgary, AB We had one bedroom apartment and not so much stuff, however Vegaline estimated our stuff as 1,748 lb. We were not agree with that and ordered re-estimation. Which wasn’t easy, because Mert told us he doesn’t deal with re-estimation and we have to call some lady, the lady told us we have to call Mert etc. and both refer us to Sam who wasn’t available ever. Finally, we agreed about re-estimation, however the delivery guys didn’t know about that and he was really mad at us, because he had three more deliveries and one pick up. So, it screwed his schedule. The best part is that everybody told us different prices for estimation. Delivery guy told us $450, but the price in the agreement was $250. So, we had to call to Vegaline a few times more. Re estimation revealed 1,200 Lb, so, we got our money back, which was a good part, the only one good part. Finally we got our stuff, and then we figured out, that our matrass was damaged and smelled very bad, rest of the furniture had scratches and damages, but the biggest surprise Vegaline gave us was bedbugs. So, it’s been three week we are trying to get rid of them but it’s worthless. We sent two letters to Vegaline with two weeks difference in between, but we never get any feedback. People, never use Vegaline’s service. Nobody responsible for anything. P.S. they don’t have fixed price, so, you’ll never know about 35% discounts, I doubt the existence of it.

Company Response:
This is a brand new complaint filed and the customer did not provide ANY opportunity for follow up before posting reviews, leaving us wondering if there wasn't an agenda here? In doing so (now), these are the online bedbug reports for the building these people moved out of: Anonymous on 10/31/2012 I have lived here for 3.5 years and have just encountered my first bed bug infestation. Noticed red marks all over my body but passed it off for hives/some sort of eczema until I found a live bug crawling around in my bed. YUCK! Flipped mattress over and found 3-5 other live ones *shudder* Dusted my entire mattress with Insectigone (basically DE) and ordered a mattress encasement. Just dropped off a letter notifying property management tonight as my boyfriend finds a nest under his chair and a f ew crawling around in the closet. Three weeks ago I never saw a bed bug in real life and now look! Will post again with mgmt's response. show snippet only Anonymous on 08/06/2011 Avoid this building. Many cases of bed bugs from myself and neighbors thatgo unheard but more importantly, shady subletters and management that turn a blind eye and hardly speak english. "Lobby A" compared to other builds in the complex where management lives is the only clean building, the rest they hardly care about. So we feel that this customer may be trying to pinpoint a pre existing problem to our facility, which is extremely inappropriate. Our facilities meet all health and safety inspections and have no infestations...with that, the fact that this person has bedbugs and did not declare it before moving is concerning. We wrap all mattresses in plastic coverings as part of our commitment to protecting against bedbugs and other known risks. We will now address this customer via our claims department, in knowing the full details. And in considering that this false bedbug report is libel and quite damaging, will be treating it seriously as a result. Please do not rely on false reports of people engaged in a claim who are trying to simply capitalize on that process. We treat any issues reported to us in a timely and serious manner, but false reports are unfair and misleading. There are no bedbug infestations on our premises and, as stated clearly above, any weight issues were addressed.
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
Jason Cremen from Richmond Sep 27, 2013
Why am I seeing this?

Sep 19, 2013, Warman

Quoted us $3200. Charged us $8200. Said our belongings (which were probably close to 6000lbs) weighed 11,250lbs! Would not let me witness the weight. The truck had someone else's belongings when they picked up ours, but there is nothing showing that on any invoices or receipts? They treat you like scum, yell at you, threaten you and even hang up on you. Stay away. Stay FAR away. EDIT: They say that I tried to profit by having discounts applied to me? Never happened, complete blatant un-truth. AND, I did get my belongings weighed. 7300lbs! Yep, not even close to 11250 that they charged us for on this invoice. So, technically, that "discount" they gave us? Not a discount at all, only brought the price closer to what it SHOULD have LEGALLY been in the first place. Who's being dishonest here??? Whatever response they post to these reviews are nothing but dishonest responses. The high number of poor reviews speak for themselves. Check the BBB! Ranked #5 for complaints against. Nothing else needs to be said.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Provide quotes based on better information. Don't simply shoot emails back to customers with a blanket quote. Ask for more information about the move before providing any sort of dollar figure.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Stay away, do not engage with this company.
Company Response:
This customer's company was paying for the move and he was separately trying to profit from that by having "refunds and discounts" applied directly to him. Our moves generally do include multiple pick ups/deliveries...that is how moving companies work. However, the weights are done individually, with recourse to order a rescaling if challenges are presented. This customer presented a much different scenario in obtaining a sight unseen estimate than what he actually presented at the pick up. Customers getting quotes for their company paid move will sometimes do that...as the company establishes limits, the customers will try to work within that but often don't present the move in an honest, transparent fashion. As a result, when they have completely underestimated things at presentation of their move to stay in good standing with employers who want to keep costs low, that obviously also results in a low estimate from our end...we rely on good, solid information to provide a reliable estimate. This customer ordered a delivery, agreed to payment then when the goods were en route to him, back pedaled on that in knowing that his company would resist the higher amount involved in his move (with a significant discrepancy in volume). He then refused to pay, creating problems for all the other customers loaded into that truck...in fairness to them and in trying to keep to our schedule, we had to unload the goods into storage in the middle of nowhere, covering all costs for that. In order to resolve this issue with incurring a very large storage bill. we provided a $1200 discount in order to get the move finalized. Although stories are shared of movers holding goods hostage, moving companies experience this feeling when customers order services, those services are performed and there is refusal to pay for them. It really leaves movers between a rock and hard place as schedules are impacted and they are forced to come up with solutions that include extra work and expenses as a result. There are always two sides to every story, and this story was that the move was MUCH larger than presented to both our company and the employer footing the bill.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!