Category :

Excel Homes

3.5

4 Reviews

13-SunsetRidge-Monarch_0614.jpg

I have been in the home building industry for over 20 years. The house I bought from Excell/centrex has to be the worst...

A from Calgary 1 Mar 11, 2014

Reviews for cardel homes

Show:

Feb 22, 2012, Calgary

Built a home in South Calgary, have since sold. The overall sales and design portion of the experience was average. The staff was helpful, seem to promise more than they deliver, and things seemed way overpriced in some instances, especially when you look at prices for doing some finishes after we took possession. But I mainly wanted to comment on the warranty after the home was built. The service was lacking, the technicians were unskilled, and the time it took to get anything done was ridiculous. For example, we had laminate edging peeling up from a cabinet, the technicians fix was putting a piece of scotch tape on it - a real professional?! This is what we waited 3 months for. And this was one of the small issues. Maybe our expectations were too high. We sold the place before all the issued had been addressed, and kept in touch with the new owners until they were completed...it took almost 10 months.

Jul 02, 2011, CALGARY

15 years ago I had a home built for me by cardel homes, we had some first time home builder problems as the wrong counter tops were installed, incorrect paint color and wrong colored toilets. But when it was all done cardel did come forward and fix all the problems and gave me and my family a great home we enloyed for many years after.

Apr 24, 2011, Calgary

It has been almost one year since our house has been completed and we still have issues. I think Cardel is a good builder I just think they should hire more qualified warranty people. They always like to take the cheap routine if they take one.

Feb 26, 2011, Calgary

Cardel has built 2 homes for us before and we hired them to build our dream house. There have been nothing but problems including wrong diameter water lines, leaking gas lines, poor construction and terrible customer service. We will not use them again or recommend them to anyone

Sep 17, 2010, Calgary

Overall very poor service from nearly everyone involved with Cardel. This was our third home purchase with Cardel, with the third being at a very busy time in the housing industry. Very little concern for customer satisfaction. Tried to overcharge numerous times.

Feb 27, 2010, Calgary

Cardel are great Builders, but the Design Centre was a nightmare. There is no give what so ever and the actual designer consultant was so out on prices it made it very disappointing.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!