near

Danny Mendel
Hours:
730-730 M-SAT

Morningstar garage doors

Company Profile Morningstar Garage Doors is a full service residential and commercial garage door company. We've been serving the GTA and surrounding areas for several years. We are a registered Garage Door business and professionalism is our trademark

You Might Also Consider

Garage Door Geeks

Nazar came and repaired our beat up door that wasn't opening. He was very reliable and helpful, provided options and...

RonH from Toronto 1 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for Morningstar garage doors

Oct 24, 2012, North York

I feel I owe Danny this review even though he never asked me to write a review on Home stars. 10 out of 10 not because it was flawless, but considering the price, Danny exceeded my expectations and i'm usually hard to please. I found Danny from Homestars, obtained a few quotes and decided to take the dip with Morningstar. I took the risk to leave Danny on his own with the installation without any owner supervision, and when i came home after work, everything was installed and working. The old barn door was removed with no debris on the driveway. No headache, no mess, no stress "project" without paying a premium cost. I can't ask for more. The good: he shows up on time (or early), straight shooter, price, not hard to access, good communications over the phone

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
not so many last minute notices. eg. the new door not being available could've been known earlier than 1 day before the install. A two week delay was disappointing. We got lucky that it turned out it was a false alarm from the supplier. or the surprise that you were not available to meet at the original agreed time after work when I was on my way back from work, not preferred.

Aug 23, 2012, Toronto

Danny came next day to provide a quote. His price was reasonable. He reframed my Pre-war garage, though others said it was too much work and put in doors that meet the cottage stable look of my home. Got the job done exactly on time and after the job was done and paid for, came back promptly the next day to make some minor tweaks . He and his team were very tidy, helpful and good natured. We would recommend you get Morningstar in for any garage door work. Thanks Danny!

Jul 05, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

The cable broke on my 60 yr old garage door for the second time in as many years. Last year had a friend repair it free of charge. E-mailed Danny through this site. He e-mailed back. Set up a time, confirmed the address and approximate cost of repair. On the day he called if he could come early which was great! He and his helper fixed the door easily. Obvious they know what they are doing. Replaced the needed parts, lubricated everything. Didn't try to talk me into buying a new door but did answer all my questions as I am considering replacing the door. And when I do I will contact Danny to do the work. Thank you to Danny and his co-worker.

Company Response:
Thank you very much for the review Hope to serve you in the future as well(when you decide on getting a new door) Cheers Danny

Jul 03, 2012, Toronto

Very happy,with Dannys serviceI had him from day one working on my garage door equipment. He might not be very punctious but that is due to all the client he serves.. He knows his stuff He is the nicest and honest guy also smart.. Keep up the great work..salomski

Jun 27, 2012, Richmond Hill

Review has Multiple Versions 1

I backed up my car into my garage door last week. I called Morningstar based on homestars review. Danny was so busy that he refered any other company to me. Since it was Sat night, I accepted it. At the end, the guy repaired the door for me in less than an hour, but I was charged for $400 for labour only. I posted a review on Homestars later to reflect my experience with this guy. Danny contacted me in few days, and sincerely appologized for me being overcharged. He came to my house for re-inspection of my garage door. At the end, he refunded me $200 for my overpay. I think Danny is responsible and sincere during my whole conversation with him. He really want to make an effort to make up for my negative experience I had with my previous guy.

May 14, 2012, MAPLE

had an old wooden garage door that was installed by the builder. Wanted something with more class and insulation value., also provind a great seal around the door frame. Hired Morning Star because they provide Excellent service by Danny and his crew they came in replaced the door with no problems. highly recommended guys. Looking forward to working with them again in the future.

Mar 18, 2012, Toronto

I have used Morningstart on 3 separate occasions in the past 6 years (different properties) and have never disappointed. Morning, noon, or night they make themselves available. Thanks for that Danny and Eric. Very reliable, punctual, & professional. Won't consider calling anyone else.

Jan 31, 2012, Toronto

Danny came by when promised, provided a competitive quote and got the job done in great time. We had questions regarding ceiling on heights and other issues during our garage reno which he answered for us during his quote visit. Other companies complained about our ceiling height (a bit too low) and told us they could not make the door work but Danny had no issues and the door works great!

Jan 14, 2012, Toronto

Before Morningstar came to fix my old manual roll-up garage door, the door was very loud and difficult to open/shut, the tracks were bent out of shape, the rollers were falling off, and the lock rarely engaged. Subsequently, one hard push and the spool of cable fell out along with snapped cable - so the door stopped working altogether. Danny came to fix it next day, and within 45 minutes he replaced the track and the cable, adjusted the rollers and lock, and oiled up everything. I can now literally slide up my garage door with 1 finger. Danny is very skilled, knowledgeable, and makes it his responsibility to leave you with a door that functions the best it could. Highly recommended! We will be calling him when we install the automatic opener.

Jan 05, 2012, East York

We live in a 60 year old house with the original manual garage door pulley system. The other day one of the wires came off one of the pulleys, I called Morningstar and Danny came out the next day. Of course, I expected I would be told the system is too old, can't get parts and I would have to invest In a new door. None of that happened, Danny repaired the door and it works perfectly. Will most definitely use his company when the time comes to replace this door.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!