near

Danny Mendel
Hours:
730-730 M-SAT

Morningstar garage doors

Company Profile Morningstar Garage Doors is a full service residential and commercial garage door company. We've been serving the GTA and surrounding areas for several years. We are a registered Garage Door business and professionalism is our trademark

You Might Also Consider

Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

This is our first 'major' replacement job not with a big box store. From the quoting stage to installation stage, our...

Bo from Mississauga 1 Apr 16, 2014

Reviews for Morningstar garage doors

Mar 24, 2014, Mississauga

I contacted Danny from Morningstar Garage Door to obtain a quote on fixing a broken torsion spring on my 20 years old garage door. Danny was very quick in responding to my emails. Provided me with a great price and came out the same day to do the job. Danny and Kyle from Morningstar who worked together on my garage door arrived on time and did the job quickly. They were very professional, knowledgeable, happy and organized. Danny also made an adjustment to the chain track to improve the door operation and provided me with tips on how to extend the life of newly installed torsion springs (I ended up replacing both). I highly recommend Danny from Morningstar to anyone who needs to have work done on the garage door. Great service for a great price!

Dec 14, 2013, Toronto

Danny and his work are both excellent! We have a 70 year old, crooked, wooden garage. He expertly chose and installed a brand new steel door for us, all square. It works perfectly. Once, on a frozen winter day several months after the installation, the door got stuck. We called Danny for advice and he came over, in all the snow, in less than two hours. He adjusted the door, no charge. You can't do better than that! Danny is a pleasure to work with ... a good communicator, capable, efficient, prompt, and his prices are absolutely reasonable.

Oct 09, 2013, Old Toronto

My residential garage door was basically falling apart. I contact Morningstar for a replacement and they went above and beyond. No only was the door much nicer then expected, it functions smoother then butter ! ...solid service, product and would highly recommend to anyone looking to replace their garage door.

Sep 27, 2013, North York

Review has Multiple Versions 1

In general I agree with all of the great reviews. Danny installed my door in 2008. In July of this year (2013) the cables came off, so I called and Danny was here within a couple of hours. I was very impressed. Unfortunately in September, the cables came off again. I called Danny and he said he couldn't come until the next day. That was fine, except that he never came. I called him and he said he was very busy and would come the next day. This continued all week and I was losing patience. If he had told me up front that he couldn't come for a few days, I would have been fine with that. Anyway, he finally came on Saturday morning and fixed my door at no cost. The cost I entered in the approximate cost field above was what he had charged me in July. He even spent a few minutes patting my dog, who was enjoying watching him work, so all was forgiven. I would recommend Morningstar to anyone who asked.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Tell me up front when he was able to come instead of telling me he would come and then not showing up.

Jul 09, 2013

Danny was great! He showed up to my house for the quote on time with a big smile. Danny and his helper removed my old solid wood garage door and reinstalled a new metal door in its place. Job well done!!

Jun 16, 2013, Toronto

Called Danny based on excellent homestars review, after the end of the workday. I had figured that the torsion spring was broken and he diagnosed the problem over the phone. He gave me a fair price over the phone, told me when he'd arrive and told me how long it would take. He was kind and courteous, worked efficiently, cleaned up after himself and tada! job done. Would recommend him without reservations

May 09, 2013, Etobicoke

I couldn't get my car out of the garage. I called Morningstar and within 1 hour they were at my home repairing my springs. The garage door opens great. Danny and Eric were on time, did the work quickly and effectively. They are reliable, honest and really nice guys. Thank you Morning Star. If we ever have to replace anything I will give this company a call and my business.

Feb 20, 2013, Old Toronto

Danny and his crew showed up on time, identified and fixed the issue within a few minutes. They lubed everything before they left. Great service. Reasonable price. Nice guys. Punctual.

Jan 20, 2013, Toronto

I live on Danforth, and my garage is very, very old. Probably over 30 years old. This summer I lost my garage keys, and living on a tight budget, I was really afraid of having to replace the whole door. I phoned around and three companies told me that I will indeed have to replace the whole door. Then I phoned Morningstar and Danny told me that instead of thousands I would only need to spend a couple hundred. He came that same afternoon to give me an exact appraisal, and in the end I only had to pay $200. The very next day he came in to put in a brand new lock. He was polite, punctual and very clean. I have recommended Danny to my neighbors and would use his services again. Because he is honest, provide great service for a very reasonable price.

Oct 30, 2012, Toronto

I emailed morningstar for a quote based on the homestar reviews. Danny emailed me back in short order and we arranged to meet. He came on Friday morning to give a free quote. He installed a brand new garage door on Monday morning and I was able to park my car in my garage, for the first time ever, right before the hurricane hit. Thank you Danny! This will improve my quality of life immeasurably. It looks great and works like a charm.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!