Category :

Careful Movers Calgary - No longer in Business

You Might Also Consider

Great Canadian Van Lines

Great Canadian Van Lines

It’s been two months since my move from Mississauga to Calgary and Great Canadian Van Lines made it worry and stress-free....

Christine from Calgary 1 Apr 09, 2014

Reviews for Careful Movers Calgary - No longer in Business

Show:
This review has been flagged for verification.
Tara in Airdrie Aug 01, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Jul 13, 2012, Chestermere

i love this company, because you can relied on it and they would take care of your stuff. I just bought a new TV and i told them that they had to take care of it and they did they put it on a box full with cotton covers so when i got the TV and it was as new as i bought. I hope this review helps you and your family or friends.

Jul 04, 2012, Calgary

If moving is one of the most important events in our lives, according to Careful Movers, then they should act accordingly. I had the most horrible experience with this company and I moved a few times, I could compare experiences. I hired three people, only two showed up and only one worked. They did not wrap my furniture, they were careless with walls, railings, etc. They did not move my entire furniture, only the pieces they chose to move. I had to have my family over to help me move with a van. Careful Movers were careful about one thing, to work as little as possible for as long as possible. Very disappointing experience.

May 25, 2012, Calgary

During the worst week of my family's life, these guys came through big time. They arrived on time, were respectful of rental property & the contents being moved. We were loaded in just over 2 hours & unloaded into storage unit in about 45 mins. Thankyou Careful Movers

Apr 04, 2012, Calgary

This is without question the most incapable, incompetent and shady company I have ever had the misfortune of using. I wish I read the reviews on this site first! The movers showed up on time, which was great. To start off, we offered them fresh coffee as it was a chilly morning, they frequently used our washroom, all in all, not horrible. I was given a quote that the move shouldn't take more than 4 hours, much like a few other companies had quoted, and was expecting to pay about $700. Unfortunately, when they came to unload my belongings, things were a totally different story. When they came to unload, they slowed to a crawl, took frequent cigarette and bathroom breaks, and complained the whole time about heavy items, poor equipment provided by their boss, and whined they did not have any wheeled equipment to make things easier for them. They dropped an extremely expensive Cherry Wood dining room table on its corner. It's damaged almost beyond repair. The movers at first denied any wrong doing at all. Finally, they surprised me with the $ 450 damage claim processing fee. On top of this, they stated that the most they would repair would be $ 50 per item. I'm not sure who's logic works here but they expect me to pay in advance $ 450 dollars to maybe repair something they might have done up to $ 50?! To add insult to injury, the movers cursed and swore when they left as I didn't offer them further refreshments. Now their boss (I can only assume) is sending me nasty and disrespectful e-mails commenting on my lack of intelligence, my inability to understand a simple contract, etc. Never use these people!! Save yourself the grief and aggravation!! Also, it's legally 1442742 Alberta Ltd. and they have a sub company website called Alberta Movers, so be wary of the trade names they may try to hide behind. I have all the e-mails from this delightful person, and photos of the damage, and will gladly forward them to anyone who asks. $ 1167 paid for brutal service, hideous after sale support and a rude string of e-mails.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Don't hide the small print - ensure your clients know you have hidden small print on the rear of your contract that you kept hidden till time to collect payment came.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Stay away. Far, far, away.
This review has been removed by the author.
nothappy in Calgary Feb 29, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Feb 13, 2012, CALGARY

Sorry I'm so late in thanking you for sending Nick & Scott to move us recently. They were so efficient & professional but at the same time so much fun and funny! They turned what is not an enjoyable task into a really fast & fun day! We'll recommend you and your team any time we get the opportunity. I finally stowed the last of the contents of the boxes yesterday. Was not as easy a task getting it all stashed into an accessible and convenient spot as it was moving the boxes in but we are now "home." Thanks again, Connie & James

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Can't think of a thing - unless they want to expand into home organization and help you unpack all the boxes !
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Just let them run the show - they are the experts! They knew what they were doing from start to finish. We just watched "efficiency in action!"

Feb 07, 2012, CALGARY

Careful Movers were hired to move our house from Calgary to Vancouver. The worst experience ever. Some of the furniture was broken and the remainder of the households have not been delivered (it's been 6 months). Have tried to settle the issue with the company, but none of my emails or voice mails have been returned. Claim to the Court is underway against Careful Movers Calgary.

Nov 22, 2011, Calgary

The guys that came to my house were very fast and took care of my floors and all my items were wraped in pads as i watched. I had some very big heavy items that i thought would be a problem but they took care of them and made it look easy i was very happy both there price and work .Thanks guys

Nov 22, 2011, Calgary

Review has Multiple Versions 2

I will never recommend Careful Movers to anyone. Save yourself frustration and choose someone else. Rather than write a lengthy review, here is a summary of my experience: - Used Careful Movers to do a simple condo move - The move itself was ok. I did notice that the movers move as quick as someone who is getting paid by the hour (i.e. slowly) and if I hadn't picked up some boxes, it would have taken much longer. They also didn't bring a dolly so each box was moved individually. - After the move, I noticed some damage on my custom made dinning room table. - It took a couple weeks to get Careful Movers attention to look at my damage claim. - After posting a negative review on Homestars, Careful Movers encouraged me to delete the review so they could come look at the damage - I was then told they would bring one of "their people" over to fill the damage to my table so I wouldn't have to pay the $450 damage claim processing fee - In order to reduce further damage to the table, I did not allow the table to be filled with a wood filler and have tried contacting the head office to discuss the damage. - I am currently waiting for a response. I will update my review after I talk with someone in the Head Office regarding the damage to my table. I am hoping that conversation will change my opinion of Careful Movers...

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!