Category :
Brampton , ON L6R2H6
Owner/Manager:
Paul Richardson

PTR Carpentry

Company Profile Over 15 years experience in all areas of structural framing including second floor additions, basement framing, decks, new roof dormers, hand-cut roofs, levelling of floors, structural repairs and removing structural walls. I am a member of the Advisory Board for Renovation Contractor Magazine. We now accept BTC & Credit cards

You Might Also Consider

Carmor Construction

I found Rob to be honest and reliable, and his work is of the highest quality. It is obvious that he lives by his own...

John Marchetti from North York 1 Mar 07, 2014

Reviews for PTR Carpentry

Show:

Mar 05, 2012, Toronto

Another successful project with PTR Carpentry. Paul is a great craftsman and a true professional. Very helpful and accommodating. As a designer our main concern is the quality of our contractors’ work and working with professional trades like PTR Carpentry gives us and our clients peace of mind. We will definitely use PTR Carpentry on our future projects.

Company Response:
I was happy to work with you again Al and look forward to future projects. Paul.

Feb 29, 2012, Etobicoke

Paul Richardson and his crew did an unbelievable job at framing our second floor addition, garage, front porch and back deck. Paul is very knowledgeable, professional and experienced. He always answered his phone when I had a question for him, he has very strong communication skills and and it was a real pleaseure dealing with him. He and his crew were always on time, they finished the job when they said they would and he was quite affordable. Becasue I am a relatively inexperienced general contractor I relied on Paul to do a lot of problem solving and he handled challenges with ease. Paul is passionate and caring about his work and it was very comforting to take on this large and detialed project knowing that we were in great hands. In summary, if you want a builder who cares just as much about the workmanship as you do then hire Paul and the PTR crew. Thanks again PTR. Jamie and Lisa

Company Response:
Thanks Jamie. It was a pleasure working for you. Your house is by far the best looking second floor addition I have built and the crazy roof lines make your house the nicest on the street. I look forward to working with you again. Paul.

Feb 28, 2012, Milton

PTR Carpentry is number 1 in my book! Paul and Jay are consummate professionals with exceptional work ethics and great attention to detail. They started and finished the job within the agreed upon time period and even repaired some minor defects from previous trades. They made alternative suggestions when things I asked for did not make very good design sense. At the end of the job they cleaned up the entire basement and left it spotless. I will definitely use PTR again! Wayne L Halliday

Company Response:
Thanks Wayne. You will have a great space when it's finished. I hope all goes well. Paul

Feb 28, 2012, Etobicoke

If you take the time to scan through Paul’s reviews you will find only one 9/10, all others are 10/10. I add my voice to the chorus of PTR fans and would give him an 11/10 if I could. From our first meeting I got a good sense from Paul. He’s punctual, accurate in his estimates, provides good suggestions, ask questions when needed and doesn’t make assumptions if he’s uncertain. My renovation involved a large two floor addition on the south side, a new room over the garage, removal and replacement of interior and exterior load bearing walls with steel beams and columns and new dormers on the north side. He and Jason handled it all professionally and got it done in the time he quoted. I also appreciated that they worked on my job exclusively and didn’t work on other jobs until mine was done (which I’ve seen other contractors do). When we decided later to add a semicircular transom to the dormer windows, Paul and Jason reframed all 3 dormers in half a day (amazingly efficient!). And to top it off, they both have excellent senses of humour! Look no further, hire PTR Carpentry!

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Not much, can't think of anything that could have been done better
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Hire PTR Carpentry, you won't be disappointed!
Company Response:
Thanks for taking the time to write this review Frank. Good luck with the rest of the project, I know you and your family will be happy in your new home. Call me if you need anything else. Paul.

Feb 13, 2012, THORNHILL

Paul was efficient, reliable, well priced and extremely easy to deal with. I told him two weeks later I wanted to fix something up and he came back and did it and didn't even charge extra. I would use him for any framing job and refer him to everyone.

Company Response:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review Adam. I hope your basement moves along smoothly. Call me if you need anything else. Paul.

Feb 11, 2012, MILTON

We were looking to finish our basement and had never hired a contractor before. Did lots of research and we found Paul, who came highly recommended. I didn't quite know what to expect, however when Paul came over to give us an estimate we found him to be honest, professional and accommodating. He gave us an estimate that he stuck to, a time in which he showed up, and finished exactly when he said he would. Both my wife and I were impressed with his work ethic, skill and professionalism. I can't say enough about his work and how awesome our basement looks. I may not be very experienced with working with contractors, but I know quality work and I know professionalism. Paul and his helper bring both to the job site. I wasn't sure what I would be getting for the price quoted, but after a week of showing off my basement, I wouldn't trade the work done for anything. I am SOOOOO glad I didn't try and do the work myself.

Company Response:
Thanks for the review Jamey. I'm glad you are happy with your basement and I hope the wife doesn’t. Take away all of your handyman projects.

Jan 31, 2012

Very Impresssed! what else can I say, Paul originally came to me house to give me a quote for my basement framing at which time he told me it would be $1500 and advised me of the time frame(two days) and the lumber required. Base on my previous experiences I had my doubts! however, Paul gave me the date and time he would be starting and completing my job. That was a few months ago! Well on the scheduled date and time Paul and his worker Jason showed up (on time)and began working on his two day project. The very next day the job was completed on time and on budget!. I cannot say enough about this contractor. Paul is a true professional who takes his time and does things right according to a customers specs. He offers plenty of advice and is very accommodating. I would go as far as saying Paul is a breathe of fresh air to an industry that has its downfalls. Paul and Jason, you guys did an amazing job and I will definetly recommend you to all my friends and family.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
absolutely nothing!
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
please look at the reviews on this site and make a well informed decision on your contractor. It worked for me!
Company Response:
Thanks for taking the time to write this great review Vince. Hopefully this will help to steer homeowners in the right direction. Good luck with the rest of your project and do not hesitate to call if you need anything else.

Jan 03, 2012

Paul is the best contractor to work on my house to date. He is professional, knowledgeable and conscientious. Paul took his time to explain different options to me and made intelligent and cost-saving suggestions that I never thought of. Paul is honest and fair - refreshing qualities. He completed the job on time and left my house clean and tidy. The basement looks amazing already. Paul also has a reliable, competent and polite assistant, Jay, who was also efficient and knowledgeable. They make a great team. Paul was extremely generous in his suggestions of different trades I need to complete my reno. His recommendations go a long way with me. I would definitely hire PTR again. The easiest decision I've made so far. Thanks for making this process a pleasurable and painless one!

Company Response:
Thanks for the review Nancy. I hope your project goes well!

Nov 30, 2011, Toronto

Paul was excellent to work with. He responded to our request quickly was able to ballpark the job before we had our drawings finalized for him. Once we booked him he told us the days he would be on site, he was here at the time he specified on those days and once looking at the demo was able to help our designer modify our drawings to work with what was actually the situation once the walls were opened up. Paul was knowledgeable and efficient, and he finished the job ahead of schedule, so he did some extra repeair work that did show up when the walls were openened (that we were going to have to take care of ourselves) at no additional charge. we worked with a number of people on our reno project...Paul was reffered to us by a friend and we would easily recomend him to other friends with 100% confidence....I can't say that about to many people on that we worked with. Thanks Paul, sorry it took so long to get this review done!

Company Response:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review Robyn, I know you are busy with the new arrival. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Happy New Year to you and the family.

Nov 25, 2011, MISSISSAUGA

Paul is professional and knowledgeable. He came on time and we discussed in details about the works. He is very nice and also gave me his advices. I will definitely to suggest him to all my friends. We will meet again next Jan for the project. Thank you, Paul.

Company Response:
Thanks for the kind words Allan. I am looking forward to the basement framing project.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!