Category :
Owner/Manager:
Mike M3 Design Group

M3 Design Group

Company Profile

M3 Design has been manufacturing premium quality window treatments and wood shutters for consumers & interior designers for more than 30 years. Our knowledgeable design experts can service you in a quick and efficient manner. M3 Design combines the integrity of old-world craftsmanship and the precision of modern technology to create shutters that add beauty and increase the value of your home, all while saving you a pile of money.

All shutters are not created equal - that is why each of our...

more...
Servicing:

Our areas of service include: Ajax , Aurora , Brampton , Brantford , Burlington , Caledon , East York , Etobicoke , Georgetown , Maple , Markham , Milton , Mississauga , Newmarket , Newcastle , North York , Oakville , Oshawa , Pickering , Port Hope, Richmond Hill , Scarborough , Thornhill , Toronto , Unionville , Vaughan , Whitby , Woodbridge , all 905 areas and all 705 areas

Call us for a FREE quote!

Reviews for M3 Design Group

Show:

Mar 09, 2014, Ajax

I had vinyl shutters covering my kitchen window and sliding door that had few broken panels. Mike sold me on the benefits and durability of the wooden shutters. He got them installed recently and they look perfect. Thanks Mike for a job well done and will be glad to recommend him.

Feb 17, 2014, Ancaster

We have a new home in Ancaster and we decided to get a few quotes to install custom blinds and shutters. We were going to go with vinyl shutters (based on cost) until I noticed M3 shutters in our neighbours driveway and decided to give Mike a call to come over and measure and quote on new custom wood shutters. All I can say is I am very glad I did, because we ended up installing far superior custom wood product by M3 shutters which compliments our home. Once Mike took the measurements, and ordered the product, the turn around time was less than two weeks for the installation to take place. We ended up with premium grade shutters at a reasonable & competitive price. Mike also provided a perfect match with the paint colour and performed the installation himself. He also answered any questions or concerns we had very promptly, and we will definitely be recommending his services to our neighbours in the near future. Thanks Mike for a job well done!

Jan 20, 2014, Concord

Mike the owner is extremely nice person to deal with,very reasonable and understanding. The job is extremely clean and professionally done. Will definitely recommend him to everyone. Love his work.

Dec 27, 2013, Markham

We had our home fitted with Shutters by Mike M. over the summer/fall 2013 time frame. We had some of our windows replaced, and had to have Mike come back a couple of times to complete the shutter installation. Mike was very accommodating and his workmanship was spot on. He may be brass and direct at times, but he gets the job done, and it gets done right. As for the quality of the shutters, they are top notch. Very good quality wood, and looks amazing installed. We are very careful with our research, and found Mike's work to be among the best in value. The fact that I had good references from my friends before I worked with Mike, and I've provided good references to my friends after working with him is very telling.

Nov 24, 2013, Orangeville

We called Mike because of the great reviews on Homestars. We wanted a great quality product at a fair price. Because we are in Orangeville and were only looking to have one window done - Mike suggested having more windows done to make it more worth our money and his time. Although Mike's original effort to have the product installed one week after his initial visit didn't pan out, we still had our shutters in a timely manner. We are more than pleased with the appearance of our new shutters and are also glad we went with Mike's suggestion of putting the shutters on all of our main floor windows instead of just one.

Helpful? Yes No
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
Steve from Toronto Oct 21, 2013
Why am I seeing this?

Oct 18, 2013, Old Toronto

We hired M3 Design to replace 16 very old wood shutters. Mike was very informative and had great reviews, which made a big difference in the decision making process. In addition to "supporting your local businesses is good" rhetoric, having a small business owner sit down with you and patiently explain your options without pressure is a comfortable way to shop. Mike was the primary salesman and he's super patient and a nice guy to boot. Mike and I probably shared 20 emails going back and forth on shutter and window treatment choices, and each response was as courteous as the first. He was informative, helpful, and I'm very glad we decided to choose M3, in the end. The guys who ultimately installed the shutters were also very courteous, did an outstanding job, and left no traces that there had been any work done. The shutters themselves are gorgeous and a huge facelift to our 1960s home. I can't recommend M3 Design highly enough. It's so worth it to pay a little extra to skip the vinyl and cheaper looks, and get personalized service and great product. We're getting shutters for the office in the next few weeks and will update the review then.

Oct 02, 2013, Etobicoke

We called M3 Design shortly after taking possession of our home. Mike was kind enough to stop in on a Saturday to measure out our windows and give us an estimate. His pricing was at the upper end of our search - but his samples were the best of the bunch and really complemented our current window trim. His company was able to produce the shutters in 6 days - as we had specified (because of an upcoming family event we were hosting). Mike and his team were in and out very quickly - and were mindful of our new floors and woodwork. I would highly recommend M3 Design. They are knowledgable, fast and, most importantly, the product they manufacture is really top notch.

Sep 27, 2013, Old Toronto

I called Mike a few weeks ago and he replied to my message within a day. He was polite, clear, and when I described my home and the windows - he arranged to come, take a look, and provide an estimate. A week after I chose my shutters, Mike called to arrange a time to install them. On the agreed upon day, he arrived with one other member of his team, exactly on time, and they took 4 hours to install all the shutters. They were pleasant and cleaned up after themselves when they finished. 'Very impressed with the quick work and I am very happy with my shutters (they look sharp - and exactly like the sample I chose from). I will definitely call Mike in the future...and am more than happy to recommend him to my friends and family.

Aug 20, 2013, Toronto

My son cracked 5 rollers on our shutters while playing indoor soccer (not a good idea to let kids kick soccer ball in the house). I found M3 design on Homestars and talked to Mike. He gave me a quote based on the number of panels he needed to fix (not the damaged rollers), specifically, $75-100 per panel. Upon his request, I sent him the pictures and our address for him to come by. One week went by without any communication from Mike. I messaged again and he told me he was going for a week vacation and to contact him a week later. I contacted him and after some back and forth, he finally made it to our house. He quoted me $100/panel plus $100 for a gallon of paint and $100 for transportation on his Hummer (apparently it consumes a lot of gas) for a total of $500. I can't say he had an endearing attitude and $500 sounded awful a lot for what the job is (paid $900 in total for 8 panels in 2005) but I thought to myself, he is going to give the shutters a face lift in the process with a repaint and extend their life. He said he would be back with the shutters by Wednesday of the following week. Wednesday rolled around and there was no communication. I messaged him and he told me they were still working on it and that he would bring them on Friday. Eventually, he showed up on Saturday with the 3 panels. When he brought them in, I noticed that one of the rollers was not properly secured, a nail was missing. He said it must have fallen off while carrying the panel into the house and insisted that's the case in a patronizing manner. I told him there is not even a nail hole to begin with and at that point he backpedaled and started criticizing the design of these shutters and how they were prone to cracking due to the nails. He also brought a small container of touch up paint and sand paper. I didn't quite understand the purpose at the beginning. My assumption was that he was going to paint all the panels he took along with him with the gallon of paint he bought. Well, when I inquired about why he didn't paint the panels with all the paint, he got all defensive. He said he has all the paint at his shop. My inquiry was not about whether he bought the paint or not to begin with. I was just surprised he did not get the panels painted given all the conversation between us about giving the shutters a face lift at his first visit. We then took half an hour putting a nail into the roller that was not properly secured. In the process, he was criticizing the shutter design and not very tactful at all. At the end of it, I paid him the $500 and was happy to see him leave. After he left, I examined the shutters and noticed several things. For one, the nails were not all properly secured so I had to push them all in. Also, there were scratches on the rollers which most likely occurred during transportation and while they were being worked on at the shop. There were some spots they clearly tried to cover up with the touch up paint but it didn't look great. At that point, it downed on me why he brought along the extra touch up paint. I may be unique in my experience with M3 and Mike. If I was buying brand new shutters, perhaps things could have been different. However, I can definitively say based solely on my personal judgement of character and business dealings since my early adulthood, Mike did not leave a good impression of a person I would like to deal with in the future at any price.

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Get multiple quotes and get everything in writing.
Company Response:
Thank-you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all client feedback at M3DesignGroup, even if it’s not complimentary. Firstly, we would like to apologize for the less than favourable experience that you had with our company. For over 25 years, we have a prided ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and are deeply disappointed that we were not able to deliver an exceptional level of professionalism to you. But, we would like to correct this. Please accept a $150.00 gift certificate for any future services and/or purchases with M3DesignGroup. Your business is important to us and we never like to leave a customer unhappy with our products and services. Thank-you again for taking the time to post your comment. Kindest regards, The M3DesignGroup Team.

Company Profile

All shutters are not created equal - that is why each of our shutters start with the finest hand-selected hardwoods and are manufactured to exacting standards following a time-honored traditional design. M3 Design provides:

1) Detailed workmanship unsurpassed in the industry
2) Distinctive design and beveling
3) Unmatched quality and durability
4) Highly competitive pricing

Choosing the right solution for your home, office or cottage can be overwhelming. That is why we invite you to call us at (416) 230-1236, or contact us by email at [email protected] to learn more about our products, or to arrange an in-home consultation with one of window treatment experts.

We've been serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), surrounding areas and cottage country for 3 decades and look forward to hearing from you!

Our areas of service include:

· Ajax
· all 905 areas
· all 705 areas

Products & Services

Products
California Wood Shutters, Plantation Wood Shutters, Window Coverings, Window Treatments, Blinds, Shades
Services
Custom Made Wood Shutters and Installation

Credentials & Financial Information

WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
25 Year Guarantee

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!