Categories :
Owner/Manager:
Mark Connor

Envirotech Insulation & Electrical Services

Company Profile

Thank you for visiting Envirotech Insulation and Envirotech Electrical Services Inc.

We are a dual service organization, offering a full range of electrical services for commercial, industrial and residential, along with specializing in retrofit and attic insulation applications, and removal of insulation if needed.

more...
Servicing:

Bowmanville, Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough, Port Hope, Cobourg, Scarborough, East York, North York, Toronto, Markham, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Uxbridge

Toronto - 647-693-1598

Durham Region - 289-274-6600

Kawartha/Peterborough - 705-277-1598

Reviews for Envirotech Insulation & Electrical Services

Show:

Mar 18, 2012, Toronto

My husband and I decided to up the R factor in our attic to try and improve the warmth in our home a bit. I did a search on HomeStars (which I have come to rely greatly upon) for attic insulation installers. I came across Envirotech Insulation, which had great reviews. Mark came out to our home and did a thorough inspection, looked in our attic as well as the celing in our garage (our thought was to insulate that as well, as our daughter's room is above the garage and floor is cold...more on that later). Mark sent me the quote, and I was very pleasantly suprised. The quote was very competitive, and we really liked Mark. We hired him to do the attic, as well as the garage ceiling. His crew came out a couple of weeks later to do the job, and they were great. the put plastic up the stairs, blew in the insulation into the attic, and did everything that was quoted. My only disappointment, and it has nothing to do with their work - we discovered that the insulation in the garage celing could not be done, as there wasn't enough space to blow in the insulation. They patched the holes they had put in the ceiling, and in the end, only charged for the attic work. I would highly recommend Mark and his crew. They were professional, neat and tidy, and the price was right.

Company Response:
Thank you very much for your testimonial Nadia. We appreciate it
This review has been flagged for verification.
JON in mississauga Mar 02, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Feb 06, 2012, Toronto

Mark and his crew soundproofed our entire shared wall of our 13 year old semi-detached home (approx 900 sq. ft of wall) and did a fantastic job. We only had 1.5 inches of gap between the firewall and drywall, we could hear music and voices from neighbours which was annoying. They filled the gap with foamed concrete, and its an 80% improvement in sound reduction. We did not want to tear down all drywall or put in batt insulation as we had a narrow gap. This was less disruptive and most cost effective. Their quote was half of the other company who does same work in Toronto. They also put in more blown cellulose in our attic , and over our dormer windows where there was none. This has made a big difference, our house is now much quieter and warmer. Mark and his crew are honest, very professional, knowedgeable, tidy, and took 1.5 days to complete both projects. I give them my highest reccomendation.

Company Response:
Thank you for the fantastic review Allison. We appreciate it. Airkrete does a great job of sound reduction, as well as insulation. Another benefit as it was a firewall, Airkrete is FIREPROOF. Thereby increasing the fire resistance of the wall dramatically.

Jan 10, 2012, East York

We highly recommend Mark's crew. They were able to navigate our very tight attic in less than 2 hours. They came on time and cleaned up after. The product seems to be working like a charm. Thanks guys!

Company Response:
Hi Sheila and Marc. Thank you for your testimonial. We appreciate your business.

Jan 06, 2012, THORNHILL

I would highly recommend Envirotech. The crew arrived and finished on time and worked solidly to do everything promised in the initial consultation. They installed 30 potlight boxes and fixed existing ventilation problems. Then they blew in cellulose which has great insulation properties and is environmentally friendly. They were very helpful in answering all of my questions. They cleaned the house thoroughly before they left.. Thank you for a job well done at a reasonable price.

Company Response:
Thank you for the fantastic review Helen. We appreciate it. I am sure it will make a big difference

Nov 20, 2011, Toronto

Under normal circumstances I would never give anyone/company a perfect score as there is always room for improvement... in this case I had to. I have a 100 year home with a tricky attic (basically three distict sections). Unfortunately there is only a single access hatch cut in the middle section making the front and back 1/3 of the attic inaccessible. During the preliminary assessment we all conceded that the only option would be to cut a second access hatch in the front 1/3 of the attic so we could at minimum re-insulate over our childrens' rooms (best value approach). I was so pleasantly surprised by the ultimate outcome. shortly after arriving on site the crew thought they would first try to make their way to the front of the attic from the existing hatch before they conceded to cutting a new hole in my ceiling. unbeleivably and likely the result of some serious acrobatics one of the guys was able to traverse the attic and promptly reinsulate the front 1/3 of my attic without cutting a new hole. This little bit of extra effort saved me a great deal of time and money, as I no longer had to tackle a patch repair, and painting project that would have likely taken my 2 days. Sales and customer service is all about managing expectations. My expectations for this project were greatly exceeded and for that I thank you and would recommend you to anyone.

Company Response:
Thank you Scott for your review. We appreciate it. I am surprised also that one of them fit, but am also glad, as I would rather have it that way than cutting a new attic hatch.

Nov 17, 2011, Ajax

I used Envirotech to top up the insulation in my attic, based on other reviews here on Homestars. They gave me a quote which was honoured, they arrived on time and completed the job in a timely mannter. They also made sure to vacuum and clean up after themselves which was appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend Envirotech.

Company Response:
Thank you Kelly for your review.

Oct 18, 2011, TORONTO

We called Mark after talking to a few companies about insulating our almost 100 year old home. Mark came promptly and provided us with a few options for our insulation needs, and recommended ones that were the most effective, but also cost efficient for us. Mark's team were wonderful, profressional and friendly and got the job done on a timely basis. We are so happy with their work and recommend them to anyone.

Company Response:
Thank you for your review Liz. We appreciate it.

Sep 29, 2011, Woodbridge

We called Mark to take a look at the insulation needs in the attics of our 52 year old home. His advice was very helpful and he was very professional during the inpsection process. We hired him upon receiving his reasonable quote for blown in cellulose insulation and rafter vent installation. His staff were very approachable and took their time during the installation to ensure our house was getting the proper amount insulation. At the end they asked for me to inspect both attics before they sealed them off and cleaned up after themselves. I have no reservations in referring Mark and his team to anyone requiring insulation.

Company Response:
Thank you for your review Raffy. We appreciate it.

Sep 01, 2011, North York

Mark and his crew are very professional and know what they are doing. They are clean, efficient and take pride in their work. Mark has come back to my place several times to address any questions related to the work they did or anything related to Insulation. I am a new homeowner living in a 60 year old house so I had a lot of questions regarding insulation. If you like great customer service and honest work you will love these guys.

Company Response:
Thank you Naeem. We appreciate your review.

Company Profile

With over 19 years experience licensed in the electrical trade in residential, commercial, industrial, and microfit solar installations and a member of the ACP program for electrical contractors, we can take care of most of your electrical needs.
www.envirotechelectric.com

**We are currently the preferred electrical contractor for HGTV's DECKED OUT.**

Envirotech Insulation specializes in installing cellulose in walls, cavities, knee walls, garage ceilings, attics, , and other area that might be inaccessible without having to remove plaster, or drywall. Through infrared we can identify problem areas of air leakage, and missing or lack of insulation to help suggest the proper recommendations for increasing the energy efficiency and comfort in your home. We also offer dense packed cellulose insulation for soundproofing/noise reduction applications.
www.envirotechinsulation.ca

Please contact us for an estimate, and to learn more about the products and services we offer

Products & Services

Products
cellulose insulation. All electrical services
Services
RETROFIT INSULATION SPECIALISTS. Soundproofing, Walls, ceilings, attics, garage ceilings, crawlspaces. If its enclosed we can find a way to insulate it. Removal of damaged insulation, due to animals, mold, or for clearing an area out before renovations. Residential, Commercial electrical service, including electrical home inspections, service upgrades, panel changes, maintenance and troubleshooting, lighting upgrades, microfit solar, net metering, additions and renovations
Specialties
retrofit cellulose insulation, cavity fill insulation, soundproofing walls, dense packed cellulose, insulation removal commercial, residential, electrical services

Credentials & Financial Information

Cheque,cash, email transfer
Licensed Master Electrician / Level 1 Thermography / Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
BNI, ECRA/ESA/ACP
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!