Categories :

Toronto Home Theater

Company Profile

Toronto Home Theatre

Home Theater Design

Setting up your home theatre can be a confusing and challenging task. Our installers are professional, highly-trained and bring a wealth of experience in the areas of projection, plasma LCD LED installation, HDTV, surround sound setups, whole-home audio, structured wiring and universal remote operations - you know, those cool All In One Remotes! Call today (416) 840-5537 or visit us online www.TorontoHomeTheater.ca and fill out our quick form!

Home Theater Services

...

more...
Servicing:

Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Concord, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge.

Toronto Home Theater

Reviews for Toronto Home Theater

Show:

May 24, 2012, North York

This is the second official time I have used THT but have had email contact, since my initial work of two years ago being completed. Mike and his staff as usual did a wonderful job in addressing my needs. What installation they did when I originally moved in is still working as they said it would, but as a retired senior, when I need that additional reminder about a feature Mike is only an email away. For this item I emailed him in the morning and he had a staff member at my house that evening while he was on his way home after a day of work. Kyle (the new member of the team) is young and new to THT but if you ever have him work for you don't be mislead by that youth. (So nice to see a polite young man at the door).He had my new component installed, tested and the entire system given the once over in less than 10 minutes and everything is working beautifully. He is a keeper for Mike and the quality people his company strives to employ. I am surprised by the low rated comment concerning the company (earlier this month) as in my dealings I have never seen even a glimmer of that type of service. Remember there are always two sides to any story. If you want quality, good service and a man of his word Mike and THT are the company you should check out and then hire them for you home theatre and entertainment needs. They have never disappointed me. I always know I have expertise available should I have a problem.

Company Response:
You are always so flattering Kingsley! Myself, Kyle, and the entire crew at THT are always glad to help out with anyone in need of assistance, and it makes it that much more rewarding to know you appreciate the extra effort! Thank you for your praise and take care! Mike, Kyle and Jeff

May 07, 2012, TORONTO

After reading the great reviews on Homestars, I decided to contact Toronto Home Theater. My loft came with in-wall speakers and I wanted to find out how to get them to work. I spoke with Mike, and on the phone he said that he would come out and do a consultation for $99, which would be applied toward the work he did. He also said that upon visiting, he would be able to determine the quality of the speakers. When he came in for the consultation, he told me how to hook up the system but said that he would not come back to do the job, because it's too small. He also was not able to determine the quality of the speakers, but stated that "since they're in a condo, they're probably bad". That's certainly not the advice I had expected. I also asked Mike about setting up a home theater. He sent me a quote for audio equipment that was at least 30-40% too high. This makes sense, since Mike mentioned that it was not worth his time to do the install unless I purchased the equipment from him. Overall, I'm really disappointed. When I raised the above issues with Mike via email, he didn't even respond. I definitely did not receive the same service that all of the other reviewers rave about. I went elsewhere for my home theater and couldn't be happier. Oh, and I hooked up the in-wall speakers and they sound incredible! That was $99 well wasted.

Company Response:
Toronto Home Theater takes their reviews very seriously. We are in the process of preparing a detailed response including details of the ACTUAL events and discussions that took place. It should also be noted that this review was placed MORE THAN 4 MONTHS!!! after the initial consultation took place....with no communication or request from NM for re-pricing, or questioning on any products which he claims are 30-40% over priced ( Absolutely not! ) We stand behind our 64 other 10/10 reviews, and our position is that the review placed by NM is the result of "selective hearing" in some regards. We would like to see your review of the Job you had done on that companies Homestars? Mike Widerman Lead Installer and Designer Toronto Home Theater

Apr 16, 2012, Toronto

Mike and team diid a fantastic job with setting up my billiards room in my basement. They wall mounted a 53" flat screen and also three in wall speakers. Mike gave me a quote and actually finished the work well under what he quoted (a first for me)! The work they did was fantastic, clean and obviously all wires were hidden and well put together. They came in and out in one day and said what they did and did what they said. They did a phenomenal job and I would highly recommend them... can't go wrong!

Company Response:
Glad your enjoying your room Mark, it's truly a Man-Cave! We always strive to leave our customers wishing everyone did business our way! Under-promise and over-deliver!

Mar 26, 2012, Ancaster

I've been dealing THT for a few years now and would not call anyone else. Great advice, firm quote, great final product and most important to me, instruction on how to use it all properly! Great all round experience in dealing from start to finish.

Company Response:
Thanks very much Wayne! We never forget OUR FIRST CUSTOMER around here! Glad we were able to assist you again and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Mike Widerman
This review has been flagged for verification.
Jamie S. in Thornhill Mar 12, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Feb 21, 2012, Etobicoke

Excellent all round job on our project. Firm quote at the start which was the final price we paid even on a large and complex project. Mike took time to understand what we wanted to do and provided good suggestions to help us make decisions. Chris the carpenter in particular was excellent - fantastic attention to detail and delivered an end product that we are very pleased with. You get what you pay for and based on my experience with these guys you will not be disappointed.

Company Response:
Craig, We were so pleased we could assist you with your renovation.....your room certainly did a complete 180! As always, we take a lot of pride in what we do and are always pleased when our customer is 100% satisfied! Mike, Kyle and Chris

Feb 17, 2012, PARIS

I recently moved into a home with a finished sound proof media room. With this in mind, I called Mike Widerman from Toronto Home Theatre to assess the room, provide suggestions on what to have installed, and finally to install the equipment and get it up and running. I had Mike come out to my previous home and install in-wall speakers for me in my living room which were perfect in terms of sound, price, quality, and workmanship during installation. On this job, Mike provided me with honest opinions on what worked best given the room to be set up as well as my budget. There was no "up selling" me on stuff I didn't need or wasn't worth what the manufacturer was charging. Needless to say, all my needs and wants were provided by Toronto Home Theatre as they did up my media room perfectly!! I purchased speakers through Mike and his prices were more than reasonable! The quality of the install was beyond mention as Mike and his staff are meticulous craftsmen well versed in what they do!! I am extremely pleased with the work done by Toronto Home Theatre and I would recommend them to anyone as they are by far the best company I have ever dealt with in the field of home entertainment! Save a ton of time and hassle, call these people first!!

Company Response:
Always happy to take care of anyone Dave, especially repeat customers! Your continued business is always welcome and appreciated! Mike, Kyle and Chris

Jan 19, 2012, HAMILTON

Mike Widerman was very helpful in every aspect of our project, from our very first conversation, to his detailed in-person evaluation of our basement space, to answering all the many questions we had, to making recommendations based on his vast experience, and also supporting our final decisions on the type of equipment to use in our setup. Mike and his team provided a meticulous installation which was professionally handled in every aspect. This project was a major investment for us, once in a lifetime. Mike treated it as if it were in his own home and for that we are so thankful. We were happy to pay the fair price we were quoted plus a well deserved gratuity. Thank you Toronto Home Theatre……we will really enjoy ours for many years to come!

Jan 04, 2012, BRANTFORD

Mike and his team created a masterpiece in our home! They worked around our builders time frame and delivered a system that exceeded all expectations. We are now having Mike expand our system to home automation....... awesome service!!!!!!

Dec 29, 2011, Toronto

We moved into a new house and our rec room was too small for my old home theater speakers. I contacted Mike and he suggested in-wall speakers as well as a sound bar to remove some of the clutter. The installation was quick and painless and everything sounds great - we have been enjoying the system ever since! I would recommend Toronto Home Theater without hesitation!

Company Response:
Thank you very much for your business Adam! We are always appreciative and glad to hear you are still having fun! - Mike

Company Profile

Toronto Home Theatre

Home Theater Design

Home Theater Services

Pre-installation Consultation - We will assess your space to ensure the most bang for your buck!

Home Theater Design - Turn-key installations offering furniture, renovations, painting, electrical and custom furniture to house your equipment.

Projection Systems - Take movie night to the next level with 720p and 1080p projection systems!

Surround Sound Set-Up - Treat ears to surround sound and entire home audio solutions!

Universal Remotes - STOP fiddling with silly remotes. Our universal remotes make your life easy!

Get Social With Toronto Home Theater

FacebookBecome a Fan on Facebook

TwitterFollow Us on Twitter

YouTubeSubscribe on YouTube

FlickrShare Photos on Flickr

RSS FeedSubscribe to RSS Feed

Products & Services

Products
WE SELL PRODUCTS - Projectors, Screens, Plasma, LCD, LED, 3D TV, Home Theatre, lighting control, Universal Remotes, Wall Brackets, Cabling, Wiring, Audio Stands, Custom Audio Furniture
Services
Home Theater Design, Projection Systems, Surround Sound, Remote Programming, Whole Home Audio, Outdoor Audio, Commercial Installations, Pre-Wiring for New Home or Basement Renovation
Brands
Panasonic, Harman Kardon, Logitech, Sharp, Onkyo, Monster, Epson, JBL, Denon, Samsung
Styles
We offer a FULL SOLUTION by Consulting on Design, Selling the Equipment and doing the Installation.
Specialties
Product Purchase and Installations. Full Design of Home Theater Rooms, Value Home Theater Installations in Toronto Area -

Credentials & Financial Information

2006
VISA, MASTERCARD, Cash, Online Interac Bank Transfers, Cheque
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!