Category :
58 McDonald Avenue Toronto , ON M1L3Y7
Owner/Manager:
Steve McDonald

McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services

Company Profile At McDonald Forestry we take great pride in providing you with the best tree services in the GTA area. From tree removal, tree pruning, stump removal, tree planting, storm damage we do it all when it comes to your trees! ! !

You Might Also Consider

Even Cut Ltd.

9.7

7 Reviews

Had two trees removed. Josh was awesome and super easy to deal with. He was the fastest to respond to my call, had the...

Dan and Chrissy in North york 7 Mar 14, 2014

Reviews for McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services

Show:

Apr 16, 2014, East York

As a result of last December's ice storm I had a huge mess of fallen tree trunks and branches on my ravine property. As well a large tree had more dead branches putting my house at risk that needed to be trimmed out. I used McDonald Forestry Tree Care in the past and as before received excellent service tagain. The pricing was appropriate for the work that was performed thoroughly by Steve and his assistant. The work was carried out conscientiously using all safety percautions and regard for my property. Steve is friendly, nowledgeable and helpful. No worries with McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services!

Apr 06, 2014, Toronto

Every two years we have Steve McDonald come in to prune the large maple tree in our back yard and give us an assessment of its general health. Once again he came in with his assistant Tim and did a thorough, professional job, arriving on time and getting right to work. Steve pruned the branches with great care and Tim did a terrific clean up job around the property. Steve gave us an idea of what to expect with the tree going forward in the next 15 years or so, while letting us know what to pay particular attention to in the next 5 year period. As always his fee was reasonable and fair. A pleasure to do business with and highly recommended.

Aug 20, 2013, Old Toronto

I sent Steve an email one evening when a 40-foot long limb from a huge Manitoba Maple in my yard cracked and threatened to come down. Steve came to my house to check it out the following morning, and he and his assistant returned the next day to remove it and haul away the wood. Excellent service and very reasonable price. Highly recommend Steve and his company.

Jul 20, 2013, TORONTO

My yard was in near darkness due to the overhang of very large neighbouring trees. Steve did an outstanding job. He provided an estimate of the cost which I found quite reasonable. The work was done on time and in a very professional manner. I would highly recommend this company.

Jul 15, 2013, Scarborough

This is the second time I have needed the services of McDonald Forestry for my Silver Maple. Both times Steve was prompt in responding and did a great job for reasonable rates. My tree is older and has dropped a couple of big branches - the most recent one was hanging over my neighbour's yard. Both times after Steve left, the yard was neat and tidy - and he cleaned my neighbour's yard as well. There wasn't even sawdust left. Steve is very professional and a great guy. I would recommend McDonald Forestry to anyone.

May 07, 2013, Scarborough

We had a "huge" willow tree that we're planning to cut because we think it's no longer safe for us and the neighbor because we think it's hollow in the inside. We decided to contact McDonald Forestry and we made the right decision to hire them to cut the tree. Steve and his team are very professional. Steve is definitely the man if you need a professional cutter. We will definitely recommend them to our friends should they require a professional tree cutter.

May 01, 2013, Markham

Steve and his team cut down a diseased tree for us in the fall and this spring they pruned and saved our cedar hedge which had been damaged by this winter's heavy snow. We were thrilled with their work both times, and very impressed with their professionalism, the excellent quality of their work and the clean up! Highly recommend!!

Apr 25, 2013, East York

High recommended. McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services were friendly, fast and courteous in getting the job done. They pruned a number of dead branches off an old tree in our yard and promptly cleaned up. Overall, the service was very professional - they came when they said they would, straightforwardly explained the city tree by-laws and went over our options, had an estimate to us within hours, did the job we expected them to do within days of our request and kept the mess to a minimum. We had called 3 companies for an estimate and McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services were by far the fastest and most accommodating to our tight timelines and did the work at a fair price. We would call them again without hesitation.

Apr 22, 2013, Old Toronto

I found McDonald Forestry here on HomeStars. Having never hired a forestry company before, I was a little uncertain but Steve and the crew were all extremely friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The experience was great from the initial quote to the service (just a few days later) and the clean-up (they even did a quick clean-up of the debris that spilled into my neighbours' yards). I wouldn't hesitate to hire McDonald Forestry again or recommend them to anyone I know.

Company Response:
Hi Beth, Thank you sooo much for your nice review!! You were so nice to meet and work with and you are going to enjoy your new backyard, I promise!!! Thanks again. Steve McDonald

Apr 18, 2013, Scarborough

Excellent service, friendly, on time and very professional, great job cleaning up and removal of all wood. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks. If was a pleasure dealing with Steve and the crew and I would definitely use them in the future

Company Response:
Hi Giselle & Wally, Thank you so much! Im so glad we had the chance to work with you on this project. Removals are our specialty and were always happy to show how much care we put into our customers property!! See you soon for the stump grinding!!! Thanks again, Steve McDonald

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!