Category :
priya kumar
Hours:
8.30 A.M - 5 P.M

MorEnergy

Company Profile morEnergy A leading provider of rental water heaters, sales & rental of furnaces, air conditioners, protected rates for gas & electricity and home security alarm systems to homes & businesses across Canada

You Might Also Consider

Sierra Air Limited

Alex has been my go-to guy for AC and heating issues. This time around, my furnace died with -8C weather and hours before...

Mauricio Diaz from Mississauga 1 Dec 21, 2013

Reviews for MorEnergy

Mar 25, 2014, Shallow Lake

Replaced our water heater. Misinformed us about the Monthly rental, didn't give us our 3 months free, just an all round poor company to deal with. Bently Robertson was the manager we delt with. Could not believe a thing he told us.

Jul 05, 2013, Alcona

I called and called for service to my rental hot water tank, I was on hold for ever then when I finally got thru I got a call answering service. The operator said someone would call me soon? Still no call all day? I had asked that they not send Greenfield Furnace and air as the last time they serviced my hot water tank the technician was rude and smelled like beer he also showed up late and his van leaked oil on my newly sealed driveway? My first water tank from morenergy flooded my basement as well due to a poor soldering job and the owner or manager of the company would not return a simple phone call. I would never do business with these guys again!

Jun 03, 2013, Innisfil

The worst company ever. Customer Service is not even part of their vocabulary. My hot water tank is a rental through them (I inherited the tank when I bought my house) and it's not working. We have had absolutely no hot water in my house for 3 days. I've called them at least 12 times and I can't even get anyone to return my phone call. I plan on doing whatever I can to negate this pre-existing contract so I can install my own unit.

Mar 06, 2013, London

people would not stop coming by our house when husband not home, finally gave in had them install water heater, they are a very hard company to get a hold of or return calls, found out in middle of winter that they installed wrong had gas leak in laundry room, had hot water tank shut off, they had 24hrs to fix, did, didn't trust it anymore, called them to come and get it, got told it was mine and they hung up on me, got rid of it, then got sued, do not get it from them not worth the hassle, they tried coming by again told them i would call the police if they stopped by again, haven't since.

Jan 18, 2013, Toronto

I have a mixed review for MorEnergy - I want to give them a higher rating, but it's been three months now and I'm still being double billed. Here's the scoop. The very first day at our new house a guy in an orange safety vest knocks on the door. Being a new home owner I thought he was from the utility company, as he mentioned he was a contractor with Enbridge. I was naive - no one told me about hot water door-to-door sales people. Anyhow, I they put in a new heater that day. After I realized what just happened, I was very angry, and found out I'm definitely not alone in this type of quick and aggressive sales scenario. Getting a new house is already stressful enough, so much to deal with, and now I had this situation to deal with on top of it all. I made a few calls, and found out about the 10 day back-out clause. I wanted to hear MorEnergy's side of the story first though. Bottom line: yes, they would bring me back my old tank within the ten days if I wanted - however mentioned that it may or may not be damaged due to being moved around, and they are not liable for any damage. They also told me they would deal with Direct Energy (the old water heater company) and cover any rental costs that I'm charged after the MorEnergy tank was installed. As an extra incentive the guy told me I'd receive three months for free, because he could tell I was annoyed. At this point I was fed up, and was dealing with other house priorities, so I just decided to let it go - it's a new water heater, it's installed...move on. The heater works great so far. So, three months later: I'm still being double billed, no free months as mentioned, and each time I call to sort out the situation no one knows what to do, or at least, nothing is being done. If the situation doesn't get resolved I will most likely seek some legal advice on how to get out of this deal, and buy my own tank. They have broken their word several times, so in my opinion our contract is null. Anyhow...if things change for the better I'll change this review...to be continued...

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Be more organized, and up-front with new home owners, less aggressive sales tactics.

Jan 07, 2013, Whitby

Misleading sales tactics - this company claimed to be my existing provider and replaced my water heater. I didn't know it was a different company until 2 months later when morEnergy called me to obtain a reference # from Direct Energy to return my old water heater. By that time, my right to cancel the contract within 10 days has expired. They DO have a twitter account - use it to complain about the company

Nov 24, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

We have been renting the hot water tank for about 4 years from MorEnergy. Few months ago, we called this company because the venting pipe for the hot water was loose (almost came off). someone came within few hours. He fixed the venting pipe for the hot water tank. He also checked all the venting pipes to make sure everything is ok. and he mentioned that if it happens again next time, turn off the unit for safety. (I forgot his name, but it was a nice guy.) The service charge was free because it is a rental product. We pay $25.82 per month to rent the hot water tank.

Company Response:
Hi winnie, Thank you for renting your hot water tank with morEnergy. We appreciate your business and we are glad to know that you are happy with our service. Thanks for letting us know.

Aug 16, 2012, Brampton

I just had moved into my new house and I get a knock on the door from Mor energy. They told me that they had some promotion going on that they will replaced my water heater for free. They went to the basement and look at my water heater and they told me that my water heater tank was leaking. They showed me where it was leaking from and what not. It didn't seem to be leaking at the time but it looked their was a little bit of rust on the top. Well anyways I agreed for them to replace my water heater because they got this new green and enviromentally friendly water heater. So their main sticking point was that no matter what my bill each month will be 22 dollars for the water heater and will never go up. Well the other day I checked my bill and the water heater now costs 27.42 a month plus tax. I'm going to look for the contract I signed and read through it to see what I can do to recoup the costs as its been three years now!

Company Response:
Hello Omesh, Thank you for purchasing the product from morEnergy.You could have contacted us as soon as you noticed the $27.42 on your bill. Please contact our billing department and they will be happy to explain to you. You can reach us at 416-479-0617 from Monday to Friday (8.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m) If you have any other questions do let us know. We are now on Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn.

Jun 21, 2012, OAKVILLE

Beware of this company, Sales guy came to my door telling me they were the company representing my current hot water unit rental company. Being a new houseowner and having them confirm who it was that I purchased the home for, I believed them. They told me that the pipes had to be replaced at no cost to me and that everything would continue as usual. It wasn't until the technicians came in to replace the pipes that I discovered they also replaced the unit. On realizing at that point that something was up, I realized they had mislead me and now snagged me into a rental agreement with them. I cancelled within the 10 day cooling off period, but still have to pay the $300 for their dishonesty.

Company Response:
morEnergy apologize for the inconvenience caused.If you need any information please contact us. We are now in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Looking forward to serve you in the future. Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MorEnergy/107496552722288 Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/morEnergyCanada Linked In - http://www.linkedin.com/company/morenergy

Feb 08, 2012, Dundas

Becoming a morEnergy customer has been the biggest mistake I have made as a home owner. As a naive customer I was taken in by the smooth-talking salesman who knocked on my newly purchased home one day. He persuaded me to sign a contract entitling me to a new energy efficient water heater at a lower cost than I was currently paying for the old heater in my basement. Great. The new unit arrived promptly and was installed quickly. They even took the old unit away at no extra charge. Six months later I discovered water all over the floor of my basement. I called morEnergy immediately only to be passed from one operator to another, and no one was going to be able to help me out! After many frustrating calls over a period of 12 hours, I finally was able to secure a repair tech's services by 10 pm the following night: this after demanding to speak to a manager and threatening to have the unit removed and replaced by another service provider. It didn't seem to matter to anyone a morEnergy that I had young children at home in need of hot water. Keep in mind, this unit was brand new and the cause of the leak was a faulty tube within the unit. The entire unit had to be replaced. Imagine my surprise when less than four months later, I went downstairs to find water spraying out of the top of the unit: another flood. Again, it took me at least 12 hours to finally reach someone at morEnergy who was willing to help me. Again, it took an irate customer demanding to speak to a manger before I could finally secure some service. And because they didn't have a service technician to send out that week (yes, that week), I had to arrange my own technician to fix the problem: at my expense! Again, the problem was with the unit, though this time a repair was sufficient. Seems the rental costs do not include warranting the company's goods. Several years later I decided to sell my home and move elsewhere. The new home's water heater, thank fully, was not serviced by morEnergy. After many attempts to cancel my existing service prior to my move, I had failed to speak to anyone who was willing to complete the transaction. Apparently the company is eager to make your acquaintance and secure your business, but it is impossible to sever ties with them. I was re-directed to many different departments and personnel, I was provided with no less than four phone numbers to call: still I was unable to cancel the service. Finally I resorted to putting a stop payment on my bank account. But the crafty company circumvented that by changing the withdrawal amount (with no notice I might add), and the date of withdrawal. Amazing huh? It is not worth contracting with morEnergy. Their products prove to be poor quality, their customer service is abysmal, and their standard of practice unethical. I can not find anything good to say about this company.

Company Response:
morEnergy apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you need any information, please contact us.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!