Categories :
Renovation Advisors Kitchen Planning & Renovation Design/Build Architects General Contractors
Address:
By Appointment only

The Reno Coach

Company Profile

When it comes to home renovations, what you don't know really can hurt you. TM

Read about my Passive house project in Sep issue of Money magazine "http://www.moneysense.ca/2012/09/10/the-home-energy-makeover/"
Check out this "http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/home-cents/reno-or-go-how-costs-should-factor-into-your-decision/article1994112/print/"Globe and Mail Article

When it comes to home Renovations, what you don't know really can hurt you.

Click link to watch

...

more...
Servicing:

Toronto, Leside,Forest hill,Annex, River dale ,GTA, Concord, Etobicoke, North York, Toronto,

Reviews for The Reno Coach

Show:

Dec 28, 2012, Toronto

I am not a person to normally write reviews but I fully recommend The Reno Coach. Reiner helped with a basement reno in 2010 and when we decided to gut the place earlier this year there was no question that The Reno Coach would play a major role. In the early stages he helped us with timelines and costs, recommendations for an architect and designer and started the bidding process with the contractors. The contractors rely on Reiner for future work so he has leverage with them. This gets a great price and a solid contract. Once the project is underway he keeps things on track and picks up deficencies. When a sub-contractor used inferior insulating foam Reiner caught this and it was removed (from the whole house) and replaced. I would not have known the difference (the project manager didn't catch this either). I can see if a something looks straight but (like most people) do not know the building code, industry standards, new technologies, safety regulations, etc. The is Reiner's world and he coaches you through it. We just moved back in and are thrilled with the result.

Dec 25, 2012, Toronto

We hired Reiner to help us with various projects around the house that were do for some work. (roof repair, humidifier, front porch and insulation work). He is very experienced and can save you a lot of time and money by providing his input on what needs to be done and providing contractors for the job. We saved a lot of time by not having to meet with contractors separately and negotiating back and forth on the fees. He was able to supply us with good, reliable and professional contractors ; and at a reasonable price. You can also be sure that the contractors won't be ripping you off. I not only would recommend Reiner to my closest friends, but I already have recommended him to numerous people. What he does is brilliant and there is a high need for a Reno Coach in this industry. To bridge the home owners and contractors and avoid a lot of the hassles and headaches that can result in most renovations.

Dec 24, 2012, Toronto

Outstanding service, extremely competent, and a true professional from planning, getting permits, troubleshooting, advice to finishing. We did an addition attic where the roof was removed and also upgraded the kitchen. Reiner is always there for you and answers all concerns/questions in no time. Most important he ensures the jobs of the subcontractors are done properly. If not he will have the jobs redone. He is well connected and able to provide the appropriate expertise for any jobs. He has great advice and is up to date with the latest materials in construction. We had done some previous renovations and I wish there were more professionals like Reiner. His expertise is to fix the mess other contractors have done. I certainly recommend Reiner for new and messed up renovations.

Dec 24, 2012, TORONTO

Reiner (The Reno Coach) has provided consultation and guidance to get our home renovation project going, keeping it on track, and completing it with the highest quality of work. He is always a pleasure to deal with and his knowledge and relationships in the industry are incredibly valuable and we are glad we found him and his service. A typical project comes with many challenges and with Reiner's solution oriented approach, we were able to avoid the stress that can accompany these challenges. Thanks, Coach!!

Dec 24, 2012, Toronto

I recommend the Reno Coach,without any reservation. I called Reiner Hoyer when my home renovation went very bad.ly I had hired a home improvement company for a major reno (fulling updating a 1950s bungalow and creating a new basement suite) but despite their claims of being a long-standing and "award winning" BILD/RenoMark contractor, they neglected my project and the little work that was done was poorly planned, sloppy and unsupervised. After 5 months of excuses and ineptitude, I knew I had been duped by this company's slick marketing. The Reno Coach reviewed the situation and confirmed my assessment. (He had previous experience trying to fix renos by this same contractor). Reiner help me hire a new contractor who actually came to work every day and managed my reno. Reiner also ensured transparent, contracts with other competent professionals (HVAC, stucco, roofing, railings, kitchen cabinets and stone). Everyone the Reno Coach recommended was more than competent, very reliable and honest, and charged fair prices). Reiner monitored the work in progress and helped solve any issues along the way. His fee was very reasonable and worth every penny. If I hadn't called the Reno Coach and continued to bang my head against a brick wall with the first contractor, I am sure I would still be out of my house. The Reno Coach saved me a lot of time and money and if I do any more home improvements, I will call Reiner Hoyer first.

Dec 21, 2012, Toronto

We are new to Toronto and didn't know anyone that does the work we were looking for. Not only did Reiner provide great people but he saved us money and kept the projects running on time. I will refer him and hire him again.

Nov 22, 2012, Etobicoke

Reiner saved us so much time. He gave us lots of practical advice, helped us narrow down what we wanted to do, and most importantly, he introduced us to a wonderful interior designer and a great contractor who did a great job on our house. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to do a reno but doesn't know where to start.

Oct 03, 2012, Toronto

We live in an old, East York semi which means our basement was built for Hobbits so we were very interested in exploring our options for lowering it. (See basement lowering review of Braga Contracting) After reading a story about Reiner in the paper, on a variety of websites, including his own, we felt that he was the right man for the job and he exceeded our expectations. Always punctual, always friendly and always informed, Reiner was on top of everything from the first meeting to the end of the project. Though this project didn't require anything beyond the dig/new sewer, he always had helpful advice for our refinishing plans, dealing with other contracts and general best practices. A strong-recommend for new home owners and experienced handymen alike.

Sep 23, 2012, Toronto

Hiring Reiner to help us with our house Reno was the best thing we did! Reiner coached us on what shd happen, by whom, and when. He also warned us of common pitfalls. He developed a healthy relationship with our contractor and designer, but it he always acted in our best interest. Renovations are stressful, but Reiner gave us peace of mind. His rates are reasonable, and hiring him saved us $10,000s, not to mention saving us time and stress! Yes, we learned a lot about the reno process, but we will definitely hire Reiner if we ever do another renovation. THANK YOU, Reiner!

Sep 20, 2012, Toronto

We hired Reiner to help with a basement reno (demolition, excavation and underpinning, insulating and installing new), plumbing upgrades, attic insulation and A/C installation for our 1930s home. Reiner was a great source of advice and experience, with a book of contacts to get the job done right. He saved us considerable money (both explicitly by helping us find better deals and implicitly through advice on contract terms with our contractors) and time and made sure we had a better final product than we would have achieved had we tried to organize the reno ourselves. He also acted as a great go between between us and the trades, effortlessly handling difficult conversations. Budgets and timelines are tough to stick to on any job but Reiner worked with our goals and we would recommend him as a great resource for anyone undertaking a renovation.

Company Profile

When it comes to home renovations, what you don't know really can hurt you. TM

Check out this "http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/home-cents/reno-or-go-how-costs-should-factor-into-your-decision/article1994112/print/">Globe and Mail Article

When it comes to home Renovations, what you don't know really can hurt you.

Click link to watch

Click here to read about The Reno Coach in The Toronto Star

Click link to read in Reno & Decor Magazine June issue.
Click here to read about Passive house design on the HomeStars blog.

That's because successful renovations aren't as easy as they seem. Far from it. Behind what looks like a simple process lurks the potential for very expensive, very frustrating lessons. In fact, it's more than just potential. The frequency of catastrophic cost over-runs, shoddy workmanship, pro-longed timelines and dishonesty in the trades is high and rising. And even if your contractor is completely trustworthy there's still the reality that his errors, however honest, still cost you in the end.

Why assume this kind of risk, when a renovation coach can eliminate it?

The Reno Coach is a consulting and coaching company for contractors and home owners. We service the GTA of Toronto and are a fee-based impartial advisor assisting homeowners and contractors in avoiding the pitfalls typically experienced during renovations. Let our 30 years experience in the construction and renovation industries work …

Products & Services

Products
Building permit Drawings,Building permit Applications,Fire retrofit inspections,Basement apartment retrofits,20/20 Kitchen and Bathroom design and 3D renderings,Custom Miralis Kitchens and Bathrooms, Passive House design and building
Services
Consulting and Coaching for Home Owners and Contractors Building Permit Applications and Drawings Structural Engineering Drawings ,3D Design renderings for Kitchens etc, Contractor disputes resolution, Contractor back ground checks, WSIB solutions, Project Management, Passive House Design and Construction
Brands
Gene Rau-Fibro passive house windows and doors www.passivehousewindows.ca Baeumler Approved
Styles
Passive House Building Standards a Energy effizient way of building a House follow our Passive house project in Toronto http://passivehouseto.blogspot.com/
Specialties

No Minimum
PROJECT RATE
Hourly or by contract
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!