Category :
B6-680 Sheppard Ave. E. Toronto , ON M2K1B7
Owner/Manager:
Vahn Balabanian, CET, RHI, BCQ, NCI, CEA
Hours:
Contact us 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week (Inspections performed Mon-Sat)

Solex Group Professional Home Inspection

Company Profile

I'm a dedicated Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.) passionate about protecting my clients with detailed, objective, and high quality Home Inspections. Make the right choice: get a home inspection that includes RecallChek - FREE with every Solex Group home inspection. For more info, please visit my website: www.SolexGroup.ca or call toll free anytime: 1-800-850-7725

Vahn Balabanian, C.E.T., R.H.I., B.C.Q., N.C.I., C.E.A.

more...
Servicing:

Solex Group currently performs Home Inspections in the Greater Toronto Area from Burlington to Bradford, to Bowmanville:

Ajax, Aurora, Bowmanville, Bradford, Brampton, Brock, Burlington, Caledon, Concord, Clarington, Durham Region, East Gwillimbury, East York, Etobicoke, Georgetown, Georgina, Gormley, Halton, Halton Hills, Keswick, King City, Kleinburg, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Mt Albert, Newmarket, Nobleton, North York, Oakville, Oshawa, Peel Region, Pickering, Queensville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Schomberg, Thornhill, Toronto, Uxbridge, Vaughan, Whitby, York Region

Reviews for Solex Group Professional Home Inspection

Apr 12, 2014, Markham

We chose Vahn from Solex Group because we were on a very tight timeline. We called him at 11pm and he was able to come for an inspection next day at 2pm!! We picked the extended home inspection package with the infrared scanning. The whole inspection lasted around 3.5 hours which included explanation on all the issues he found. The written report is ready the next day with thorough explanation of the problems and the recommendations. Vahn is friendly and a knowledgeable home inspector.

Apr 03, 2014, Etobicoke

Vahn from Solex Group was recommended to me by friends. He was very thorough in his inspection. During the inspection I learned a lot about my new home and about home improvement. As he walked around the home he explained what he was doing, took pictures, then sent a very detailed report with pictures attached explaining exactly what issues existed and giving clear guidelines on how to deal with them and the urgency of dealing with those problems. He sent the report within a few hours of the inspection. I would certainly recommend Vahn in the future.

Apr 01, 2014, Thornhill

Vahn is a great representative. Due to both my husband and my work schedule he was very accommodating towards our schedule. He showed his knowledge and expertise to us when he took the time to answer our questions, and explained everything very clearly to us. I like that he would give his opinion and suggestion and even speak of personal experience and he will give descriptions, what to do and when to do it. He took nearly 2 hours to go through the house from, exterior to interior; he jumped on the roof, went to the attic and went through everything with a fine comb. He found evidence of vermin activities in the house in turn we were able to ask the owners to disclose their information. He seems like a person that truly loves his work and you can see it through the detail actions that he does when he does the inspection.

Mar 13, 2014, Toronto

My fiance and i are house hunting and Vahn conducted a very thorough home inspection with us on a property we wanted to buy. The inspection was HIGHLY informative, Vahn is so pleasant to work with and very very knowledgeable. He is thorough and extremely detail oriented and we felt that we were getting the REAL story of what the risks were related to the property were were interested in. He got into the corners, on the roof, outside, inside and in total we spent about 5 hours and felt like we knew every nook and cranny and all the possible areas of weakness during the inspection. He answered all of our novice questions kindly and with detail. I appreciated his written report with pictures and i will be going with Solex Group for all future inspections (as we are still looking for a home).

Company Response:
You got it KR....information is key! Make sure you have a reliable source for information and you're risks will be minimized when buying a home. Don't forget to connect with me on facebook (Solex Group Professional Home Inspection) where I post interesting news & photos of anything related to home inspection & real estate in general. Thanks for the review KR!

Mar 08, 2014, Toronto

Had a home inspection done and it was extremely thorough! We had the extended inspection because we wanted the thermal imaging and it was worth the extra money. There were a few things (such as leaks) that we would not have found without it. Vahn was very friendly, approachable, and explained everything in a way that made it easier to understand. I highly recommend using Solex Group for your home inspection!

Company Response:
Thanks for choosing Solex Group and for taking the time to post a review on me Andrew. This is truly the best compliment you can give as I do go the extra mile for my clients. Feel free to connect with me on linkedin and/or google+. I'm not hard to find :)

Feb 20, 2014, Scarborough

If you are looking for a thorough, comprehensive and detailed home inspection - look no further than the Solex Group!!! Vahn totally exceeded our expectations on what we thought a home inspection would be like. Vahn was VERY friendly and encouraged us to walk around with him during the inspection. He answered all of our questions along the way and from talking to him you know he knows his stuff inside and out. We had also requested the thermal imaging scan and it revealed things that we would not have known otherwise, such as a section of insulation missing in our living room among other things. Our home inspection took four hours, longer than the average home inspection, and it was the best four hours I have ever spent, learning the ins and outs of our new home. Our detailed report was over 70 pages long and there were 30 pages of helpful information useful to every home owner. This was not a check box type of report. The report had pictures, recommendations and timelines of when items should be completed. You will never get a more detailed report anywhere! I would definitely recommend Vahn and Solex Group for your home inspection. Believe me, you won't be disappointed!!!

Company Response:
Thanks for the positive review Suma. I'm glad you found value in my service. I try sharing what I know about homes/buildings to empower clients with the knowledge to make more informed decisions. I encourage you to connect with me on facebook under "Solex Group Professional Home Inspection" where I post interesting news & photos of almost anything related to home inspection & real estate in general.

Feb 09, 2014, Markham

As a first home buyer, my fiancée and I didn’t know if there were any problems with the house, so we called Vahn from Solex. We had many questions prepared before the inspection, Vahn went through the questions and thoroughly answered them all. He not only identified the problems of the house but he also provided invaluable recommendations on how we can fix the problems. Vahn is very detailed oriented, he performed a thorough inspection from outside of the house to the inside. During the inspection, as he was going through every inch of the house, he would educate us on many things about the house (ie., how to maintain gas furnace and hot water tank, where to shut off the water and power in case of emergencies, how to fix the current caulking problem…). After the inspection (which took more than 3 hours), we were very comfortable with our house. Overall, Vahn has exceeded our expectations. I definitely would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional home inspection. Be sure to ask as many questions about your house, there are no such things as bad or stupid questions with Vahn.

Company Response:
Yes, at Solex Group we welcome stupid questions :) I'm glad you learned some of the basics about your home Simon. Home inspectors should have the heart of a teacher...after all, we're there to educate you about the house (in addition to reducing your risks). I regularly post interesting information and photos on the company facebook page (just search "Solex Group Professional Home Inspection" - definately connect with us to learn more about everything related to real estate. Thanks again for choosing Solex Group! facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SolexGroup

Feb 03, 2014, Markham

Vahn is a great guy to work with. He was on time (actually minutes earlier than me) to get to the house I intended to buy. He is professional and very detailed in his work. He explained everything in detail by section he inspected with recommendation. I found him very knowledged and will recommend to other home buyer.

Company Response:
Thanks for choosing Solex Group Professional Home Inspection for your home inspection in Richmond Hill. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on my service. Feel free to contact me anytime for any technical or renovation advice in the future.

Jan 22, 2014, Old Toronto

Vahn from Solex Group was great. He was very professional and really seems to know his stuff. As he was doing the inspection he would give recommendations along the way. The report was easy to navigate and his fee was very reasonable. I would definitely be using and recommending him in the future!

Company Response:
You witnessed first hand the benefit of choosing your own truly independent and unbiased home inspector Matt. Unfortunately real estate sales agents control the majority of referrals to "home inspectors" and thus, sometimes promote poorly qualified inspectors. Why? There is no better way to ensure their sales are not jeopardized than to refer their unsuspecting and trusting clients a choice of poor inspectors. It's all about buyer beware these days. Thanks again for choosing Solex Group.

Jan 14, 2014, Old Toronto

I went with the Solex Group because I wanted a professional who was certified to do home inspections and could break it down to me in laymen terms. My home inspector Vahn did just that! He took time to explain all the issues in great detail, along with recommended solutions for each. The report itself is incredibly detailed and is being used by my contractors to repair the house. What I liked the most is that although the property had some significant repairs needed, Vahn stayed objective and provided a clear path forward. Great Work!

Company Response:
Glad I was able to help Lionel. Truth is, Ontario has some great home inspectors who really care about their clients. But there are bad apples in every industry....being an unregulated industry, we have our fair share of cowboy's out there. And it's these bad apples that give us all a bad name :( Thanks again for doing your research and choosing Solex Group.

Company Profile

Vahn Balabanian, C.E.T., R.H.I., B.C.Q., N.C.I., C.E.A.

Products & Services

Services
Buyers Home Inspection, Sellers Home Inspection, Owners Home Inspection, New Home (Warranty) Inspection

Credentials & Financial Information

1995
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, JCB, CHEQUE, CASH
OACETT, OAHI, CAHPI, OBOA, NRCan, CARST
Civil Engineering Technology
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!