Category :
Dundas , ON L9H 5E2
Owner/Manager:
Charlie Bois

Charlie's Carpentry Services

Company Profile Custom stairbuilder. I like to personalize every job in order to make any staircase unique and perfect for a specific home. I tend to book up quite in advance, so if you are interested in a new staircase, please call well in advance.

You Might Also Consider

Perfect Painters & Home Renovation Services

perfectHandyman.jpg

I was able to schedule an estimate quickly and Rocco laid out all costs clearly. The painters were always on time and...

David Bryant from Toronto 1 Apr 16, 2014

Reviews for Charlie's Carpentry Services

Show:

Apr 17, 2014, Hamilton

My wife and I had an oak staircase installation done recently by Charlie and we are both thrilled with how it turned out. I called Charlie after seeing his great reviews on this website. We booked an appt. and he gave me a quote on the spot. He was kind, patient and took a professional approach. Charlie is a very busy individual so I suggest that if you want, or are planning, to get new stairs installed you book 6 months ahead with a firm date. Charlie managed to accommodate our requests and matched the colours of stains beautifully. His skills are amazing and he is a very personable guy to deal with. We had a lot of renovations in the home being done that week and Charlie did not mind at all working with the other contractors. Very happy and would refer Charlie anytime. Thanks again, A and M (Hamilton)

Jun 05, 2012, Toronto

Charlie was great. The top railing of our staircase was too short so it was a safety concern for our daughter. The job required rebuilding a gumwood staircase. Ii sourced the gumwood and Charlie came with me to ensure it was the right material and that there was enough to work with. He had to work with out other contractor who was managing replacing all our flooring. It looked great. You could never tell that it was different from the original.

Sep 19, 2009, Toronto

Charlie found time in his busy schedule to add in the railings for his 3 flights of stairs, plus our walkway on the 3rd floor. You know from these reviews Charlie's a great woodworker, but you should also know that he's a joy to have around. Friendly, professional and courteous. He was always respectful of the fact that our home is not a wood shop. He's careful about making too much of a mess, always asks if this or that "would be okay" before going ahead, and tidies up when he's done. For our railings the design kept coming back to "no, simpler" until Charlie got to the design you see in the attached photo. We're just thrilled with his work.

Aug 25, 2009, Toronto

After our previous stair builder completely messed up our order (wrong materials, and one staircase was even 2' too short!), Charlie came in and provided some great suggestions for changes to the original design. We gave Charlie an unusual order in that we didn't want chip board or plywood -- these were to be solid wood through and through. No problem. He designed & built 3 great staircases in solid maple. I think the attached photos speak for themselves in terms of fit & finish. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to apply the finish and watch the maple really come to life! We'll be having Charlie back to do our railings for us, for sure. He's a man who knows his bois!

May 12, 2009, Toronto

Charlie was fast, friendly, efficient and had very competitive pricing. He built and installed our new basement stairs in less than a week and they are beautiful. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for great craftsmanship at an excellent price.

May 01, 2009, Bolton

In a recent basement project, we contacted Charlie to install a new set of stairs for our client. We were counting on him to come in when he did and he came through for us, keeping our project on track. We wanted to replace the standard builders stairs that were existing with some new oak stairs to match the existing main floor stair. Chalie made some changes to the our 'plan' to better incorporate the railings. I think details like this will be ones that will seperate us from our competition in the future. If you have never ordered stairs before you will find that generally they don't improvise or 'custom' anything. This is where Charlie's service is special, he will bring them in and assemble them on site which does take some more time than typical, but the trade off is that he can make the stairs fit around something not just up to or infront of. I was happy with our overall result, Charlie was pleasant to work with, returned phone calls, was respectfull of my clients and their home. I appreciat what Charlie brings to the table.

Apr 14, 2009

We are currently renovating a 130 year old home and asked Charlie to replace the stairs to our 3rd floor loft. It was a very challenging install as the stairs required a winder and none of the walls were straight. He was meticulous with his measurements and installed a fabulous set of oak stairs. He even came back and wrapped them in construction paper to protect them after I told him we still had some trades yet to work on the third floor. You could tell he took great pride in his work. We will definitely use him again when we get to the first floor.

Feb 25, 2009, Toronto

Dealing with contractors can be a nightmare but Charlie was extremely pleasant to work with as well as professional and quick. Math seems to come easily to Charlie which is important for a stair craftsperson and in addition to precision the stairs look beautiful. My stairs were installed approximately two weeks after I ordered them and I just ordered a railing. I will post pictures after I stain them.

Apr 11, 2008, Toronto

Charlie was fast and very professional. Within a day of contacting him, he was over to measure and discuss stair options. The stairs were constructed withing two weeks and they are a dream to walk on. Very nice work. His attention to detail is great.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!