Category :
Edmonton , AB
Owner/Manager:
Dana Ratcliffe

Alberta Furnace Cleaning

Company Profile Service that works for you, from Edmonton's most trusted and award winning Furnace cleaning and Air duct cleaning firm. Our promise is simple, "It's not clean until you say it's clean, guaranteed

You Might Also Consider

Steam Dry Canada

8.8

8 Reviews

Just wanted to thank Graham for the exceptional service he provided me when cleaning my carpet. i was also able to reach a...

T in Calgary 3 Apr 16, 2014

Reviews for Alberta Furnace Cleaning

Sep 04, 2012, Edmonton

These people came to my house, I had a $110 dollar coupon for furnace and ten vents and water heater. They made an excuse not to clean the water heater. They said extra cost for more vents and over 20 for the dryer vent that they did literally in about 2 seconds. Ithought they would clean it out for that price! The guy doing the vents just put the whip in about 5 feet. He said he will get it from the other end, when I called him on it. Two storey house, from the basement? He could never get that up there!! It cost over $350 when they left in a total of 30 Min. 30 Min to clean the vents and furnace? Ya Right do not hire this company! They also said I had 25 vents when I refused to buy there high priced furnace filter. I counted 22 and they did not clean the one in the storage room. Again, do not hire this company!!! What a rip off, take your vacuum and you will clean it better! They also killed my grass with the exhaust of the truck, I told them they should center it on the drive way...they did not! They must hire people to submit reviews read the bad ones!

Company Response:
Hi there, I am very sorry to hear about your experience - we strive to communicate pricing expectations before arrival to your home. In regards to the cleaning, I am very concerned with the situation that occurred in your home. Our equipment should be going further then that for most vents and the cleaning should certainly take more then 30 minutes. I would love an opportunity to rectify the situation so please telephone our office at 780-455-2881 and ask to speak with one of our managers, Matt or Dana as soon as possible. *UPDATE* I see you have updated your response and are really quite upset, I don't blame you. It would seem we made some mistakes at your home which is regretful and I am very sorry for doing. I believe that how a company takes care of their mistakes is very important and I am asking for you to please give us the opportunity to fix this. Please telephone our office at the number above and speak with one of our managers.

Jul 30, 2012, EDMONTON

Bought a Groupon for this company and was surprised that they could fit me for a cleaning within the following month. We did have to pay some extra fees for additional ducts and and environmental fee etc but it still was an excellent deal. They were very professional and did the hob quickly and efficiently We will use them again..

Jul 21, 2012, Edmonton

We hired Alberta Furnace Cleaning to clean our furnace and ducts. We submitted information for a quote online and received a follow up phone call within 2 hours of submitting the request. They give an detailed description of the services that we would receive and gave an accurate quote. The cleaners were on time, quick and polite. We were very happy with our experience with Alberta Furnace Cleaning.

Jun 10, 2012, Edmonton

Extremely unsatisfied with the service. This is the first time I was having the furnace cleaned as we just moved into the area. After looking around online I found what I thought was the best deal off of Groupon, it was advertised 59$ for furnace cleaning. It was difficult setting up a time to get the job done, I work afternoons so I requested to have it done first thing. The lady I dealt with over the phone was quite rude and said they couldnt promise anything. I received a phone call the day of the appointment and was told they would be there early. It was getting close to noon and I was getting worried so I phoned in to see if they were going to be able to make it but instead I was rescheduled. The second time the 2 gentleman arrived right on time which was a pleasant surprise. They warned me before they started that I would be paying quite a bit extra but since I already paid the groupon fee I decided to go ahead with it anyway. In the end they charged me an additional 600 dollars. They also sold me on a filter which I later found out restricts air for your furnace.. especially if you have AC. My family cancelled our vacation plans this year as we were not expecting this to be so pricy. We were extremely upset how this was advertised for 59$.. Won't use them again.

Company Response:
Hi Stacy, I am very disappointed to hear about your experience - we strive to set expectations about our pricing prior to cleaning, as we do not want anyone to be surprised about the cost of our services. In regards to the filter, I am not sure where you heard that it would restrict air flow, but like any other filter, as long as it is kept clean, this should not be a problem. This all being said, it sounds like we did a poor job of communicating at several points in our process and we'd like to discuss this with you further. I have not been able to find your customer file in our system, but please telephone our office at 780-455-2881 and ask to speak with one of our managers, Matt or Dana as soon as possible.
This review has been flagged for verification.
Sam Ghosh in Edmonton May 28, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

May 04, 2012, ANCASTER

After some research and a special dea we found, we chose Alberta Furnace Cleaning to clean our furnace, which we had not done in some time. They people who came in were very courteous, though efficient and got the job done relatively quickly. Very pleased and will use them again.

Company Response:
Hi Johnny, thanks so much for the great review - we appreciate the feedback!

Mar 04, 2012, ST ALBERT

Just had my furnace cleaned yesterday . I left my house shortly after my furnace had been cleaned and came home late in the evening to a very cold house. Called Ab FurnaceCleaning only to find out that the office was not open and that there was no emergency phone number. It is now Sunday. Froze through the night. Woke up to an even colder house. Cold air is constantly running through my house, at 25 or 15 degrees. The furnace runs nonstop. I had to call someone to come and fix the problem.

Company Response:
Hi Carmen, I am very sorry to hear about this incident - I can see from our records that you were able to get in touch with us once we were open and get a refund for your cleaning. I could say that this is an extenuating circumstance that rarely occurs, which would be true, but I know that when it does happen to you, it's frustrating, upsetting and it doesn't really matter if it's the first time it's ever happened to one of our customers or not. We made an error, and we are sorry for it, which we have tried to correct by refunding your cleaning. We hope that this was a satisfactory solution to your concern and that you will give us another chance to do a better job in the future. If you have any other concerns about our service now or in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know at 780-455-2881.

Feb 23, 2012, Edmonton

they came on time very proffesionel. they knew wha they were talking about. they called to confirm the day before and the day of. they were clean, didnt leave much of a mess after. and very time efficient

Company Response:
Hi Tina, thanks for the great review! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Feb 11, 2012, Edmonton

THey only took 45 mins to clean. Not long enough- didn't take their time. It was a deal but next time I'll pay more for better service. I'm sure they were very busy with all the deals but if you are trying to have retorting of clients then take your time and do a good job. My furnace needs to be cleaned every year ;)

Company Response:
Hi Jen, our typical cleaning time for a furnace and ducts is between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours, depending on how accessible your furnace is to our equipment (set up and take down time), the type of system you have, the number of hot and cold vents, and the condition of the system. We have a satisfaction guarantee with all of our services, and if you are concerned about the cleanliness of your system, we would like to come back out and take a look to see if a re-clean is necessary. Regardless of whether a customer has a groupon, a coupon or is paying full price it is our policy to take the time necessary to clean the system, and if our techs did not follow that policy it is very important for us to rectify the concern! I have not been able to find a record under your name in our system - please telephone our office at 780-455-2881 to set up a service call so that we can make this right!

Feb 10, 2012, Edmonton

I booked the appointment over the phone. They lady was very nice and friend. My appointment was at 2 pm and they didn't show up till 8 pm and almost cencelled because they had the wrong truck to do the job. Had to cencelled plans to go out with family that night. They also were rushing the job so they can finish because it's been a long day. They never offered a discount won't use them agian

Company Response:
Thank you for taking the time to review our company - it is very important to us that every single customer is happy. Unfortunately sometimes it is difficult to determine in advance if one of our larger trucks with more hoses is needed to access a specific home, so we may have to shift the scheduling when we arrive at the home (this is very rare, as our regular trucks are able to access the majority of homes). I have looked in our system to find your record and the last cleaning I have under any similar name was several years ago. Regardless of when your concern took place, we would like a chance to rectify it - please telephone our office at 780-455-2881 and ask to speak with one of our managers, Dana or Matt.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!