Categories :
Basement Renovation Builders Home Additions Bathroom Renovation Kitchen Planning & Renovation Condominium Renovations General Contractors Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
Address:
1120 Castlefield Avenue Toronto , ON M6B1E9
Owner/Manager:
Daniel Berkovits

The Home Improvement People

Company Profile

The Home Improvement People have completed literally thousands of renovations since our inception. We are a unique award winning contracting company, consulted by various media as industry experts.
Please view our website at homeimprovementpeople.com to view images of some of our projects.
For our clients' convenience, we've implemented progress billing as well as financing.

more...
Servicing:

Ajax,Cobourg,Mississauga,Stouffville Aurora,Courtice,Newmarket,Thornhill Barrie,Etobicoke,North York,Toronto Bolton,Georgetown,Oakville,Vaughan Brampton,Hamilton,Paris,Whitby Brantford ,Kitchener,Pickering Burlington,Maple,Richmond Hill, Willowdale, Caledon, Markham Scarborough,Woodbridge Cambridge,Milton,North York

Reviews for The Home Improvement People

Show:

Jul 03, 2012, RICHMOND HILL

Dear Ben, We want to take this opportunity to let you to know how much we are enjoying our two beautiful new bathrooms and how pleased we were with your company and its exceptional work. While the thought of renovation work can be very scary (and we’d heard horror stories, like most other people), The Home Improvement People exceeded our expectations. You gained our confidence at the initial meeting at which you listened carefully, then provided a thorough description of the project, the various timelines, phases and pricing. You understood our specific needs and answered all our questions – both then and in our later email correspondence. From there, Haydee did a great job staying in constant contact with us, to ensure everything was on track. And what can we say about Jerry? He was the consummate professional, a true craftsman in every sense of the word; we marveled at his ability to do every facet of the job with patience, precision and excellence. He took the time to explain various elements of the renovation project, asked us questions about our preferences, provided options and very helpful advice. (Thank you, Jerry, for that wonderful suggestion to frame our glass shower with marble; it looks fantastic!) Not only that, he was a true gentleman and left the house spotless after each day of work on the bathrooms. We chose to engage your design associate, Niki Stern, for specific aspects of the job. Niki’s advice at the beginning of the project was very worthwhile – she gave us great guidance and we referred to those notes many times on our travels. Niki’s help in selecting our tile for both bathrooms was pivotal. She zoomed us around the Olympia Tile showroom and zeroed right in on what we were looking for, simplifying what would have been a daunting choice. We would definitely hire The Home Improvement People again and we have already recommended your company to others. Thanks again, Ben. It was a pleasure to deal with you and your team. You should be proud of all of them. Sincerely, Mary Jo and Ed

Jul 02, 2012, BURLINGTON

Finally a company that does what it said it was going to do, in the time it said it was going to be done. I recommend The home Improvement People for any of your renovation projects. Timely, professional, affordabble.

Jun 26, 2012, MARKHAM

When we started looking for a company to finish our basement from scartch we got quotes that were all over the map. The Home Improvement People were professional from start to finish. They gave us a very reasonable quote and were very flexible in deciding a start time. After work started, they stuck to their original quote regardless of some small changes we made along the way. My wife and I were impressed by their customer service and how we were always able to gen in contact with the job foreman. They were responsive to our needs and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. My only complaints are minor ones. The job went a little longer than initially intended and I would have liked a little more input in the planning stage, especially in the kitchen, but other than that, they were perfect. I would highly reccomend them to anybody who asks.,

Jun 18, 2012, WOODBRIDGE

From the first phone call, to the first in home consultation, to the development of a contract, to changes we made in the contract, to the first work day (which was exactly on time), to the 4 week full reno (which finished on time), to the final day of final touch-ups, we were very impressed & pleased with The Home Improvement People. Narvin and his crew are excellent...request this crew as we were very pleased with their work. Elia was always available and provided great support and direction. Dan and Haydee were a pleasure to work with. We interviewed 4 companies, 3 of which were on this site of Homestars with very high ratings as well. We went with The Home Improvement People not because they were the cheapest, not because they are true professionals, not because we reviewed all their previous work; we went with this company because they "listen", they "have great ideas", they "worked at our pace on our schedule". They are a total package Contractor. We have worked with all sorts of contractors (easily over 12 different contractors over the past few years) for our rentals, our own home, our business and The Home Improvement People tops them all. If you want a job done right, worry free, you need to hire this company. You will not be disappointed.

Jun 18, 2012, York

We have previously engaged The Home Improvement People to do major renovation work and were very satisfied. This time, we had several small pieces of work that needed to be done. They were beyond my limited capability / experience to perform; however, we were concerned that they were too small for a contractor to be interested in doing. We pulled together five small peices of work (about one day's effort in total for two people) and approached The Home Improvement People. They agreed to undertake the work and performed it a few weeks later. Cesar and David did exactly what we asked (and were hoping) for. Their work was excellent and was reasonably priced. The timing, especially considering that they had to fit this small piece of work in around other larger jobs, worked out extremely well for us. Their cleanup was thorough and complete. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Home Improvement People for any job large or small." R. Adams

Jun 14, 2012, Etobicoke

My wife and I were nervous about bathroom renovations after hearing the horror stories from our friends about the delays and quality problems they had with contractors and home renovations. However, our experience with The Home Improvements People has been outstanding. Gerhard and his crew did a fabulous job. They totally gutted two bathrooms, replaced all of the fixtures, tiled and painted the rooms in a period of 9 days. Their crew cleaned up after every day and completed their work with a minimum disruption to our house and our daily routine. My family love using our new bathrooms and they really look stunning. A special thanks goes out to Niki who helped us pick out and coordinate our choices of new fixtures, tiles and paint. Without Niki’s expertise, we would have been overwhelmed with the range of choices and options in bathroom design. We are planning future home renovations and we will definitely use them again. I highly recommend them as a company that delivers a professional result, on time and on budget with a great staff!

Jun 13, 2012, Mississauga

We engaged the Home Improvement People for our long planned renovation of our master bathroom at the end of 2011, with the plan for the work to be done in the spring of 2012. From the start, our meeting with Ben made it clear that the company knew what it was doing. Ben had ideas and suggestions for us that made a lot of sense (even "correcting" us nicely on some ideas we had). He worked with us on our ideas, was fair and up front regarding charges and what was their responsibility versus ours. One thing we definately liked was that we knew we would decide on tiles, fixtures, paint colour and other things we needed to choose, and the smaller stuff was all included in the price - made it very simple for us. They had arrangements with the main suppliers of items we would need (tub, vanity, countertop, tiles, shower glass, etc.) that helped with the overall investment. We finalized the installation date with no problem, and the team that arrived was ... awesome. Nuku as the lead had great ideas and suggestions as we went through the project, and was respectful of us, our ideas, and our home. We were impressed with the care they took to keep our house clean (it was a renovation, so dust and such was to be expected). The end result was absolutely wonderful. They did the work exactly as we had hoped ... there were a couple of minor issues which they corrected and took care of with no issue whatsoever - a nice change from what most of us are used to I would imagine. I would recommend the Home Improvement People without hesitation. We will certainly be going back to them for other planned updates to our home. They have set the standard for us. They are not the cheapest - but you get what you pay for, and in our case it was a very fair price for the quality of work and the professsionalism.

Jun 09, 2012, North York

I interviewed several contractors - most were identified from Homestars with 10 out of 10 ratings galore. It was hard to believe how many bad experiences I had throughout this stage of the process. Some would cancel several times before showing up, some made outrageous price quotes (double market value) within 5 minutes of showing up, others would advise they would provide me with a quote and then wouldn't follow-up. - I should have gone into the construction business! Gerhard and Nuco did the work and were outstanding. They were fair and genuinely interested in making me happy throughout the process. They're experienced, do a lot of bathrooms, and this shows in how they conduct themselves and the final product. We had some unforeseen issues after the walls were opened up. I'm convinced that if I had used a 'handy man' bathroom guy, there's a good chance he would have walked away (because it would have been too big for him). Another benefit of using a company with people who are skilled, capable and have integrity. My recommendation is meet with other contractors first and then these guys. The difference will be obvious and you'll appreciate them more. I fully recommend.

Helpful? Yes No
This review has been flagged for verification.
Katrina Hui in Mississauga Jun 08, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

May 25, 2012, Ajax

I am writing this testimonial in appreciation of my newly renovated bathroom. The Home Improvement People (Chris) transported my "what I would like my bathroom to look like" image into reality. From start to finish everything went smoothly, and when I was indecisive about the tile design, Chris made a suggestion that worked beautifully. I highly recommend the company and plan to use them in the future. Edith M.

Company Profile

Regardless of scope, we approach every single home renovation with a foundation of strong design aesthetics, comprehensive product options, sound project management, and a commitment to craftsmanship.

Our projects range from remodelled bathrooms and kitchens, to rear additions, hardwood flooring, basements, second story additions and other extensive renovations. We undertake work in all budget ranges.

Choosing a reputable contractor is the most important decision you will make regarding your renovation. From plans and permits, to last little finishing details, The Home Improvement People is committed to completing your renovations and home improvements in a professional manner and to your complete satisfaction.
We take pride in our personalized service and our high quality workmanship.
Call us for quality, insured work - completed on time, and on budget.
905-760-7607.

Credentials & Financial Information

2002
Visa/MC/Cheque
All
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
3 years

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!