Category :
Hours:
8am - 5pm Monday - Friday

Trico Homes Inc

Company Profile

Trico Homes builds new single and multi-family homes, offering a great selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate models in Calgary, Okotoks, Cochrane and Airdrie. Whether you're looking for a quick possession home or something more personalized, you'll find the house that's just right for you!

more...
Servicing:

Calgary and Surrounding Areas (Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks)

Reviews for Trico Homes Inc

Show:

Apr 15, 2014, Calgary

My wife & I sold our Douglasdale Estates family home, rightsizing into Trico's Berkley model in Cranston SE. We purchased the house in July 2013 with pocession date March 13/14. Entire process was relatively painless and received plenty of help from the both Chalsey and Sharon, our Sales Managers. We actually had (3) sales managers & kudos to Sharon for taking on the file handling all questions and changes quickly & efficiently. Even with the great winter, our home was delivered as promised on March 13/14. Walkthrough went very well with only minor items noted and corrected. The built in cantiever width was short by 1 inch and Trico worked to correct the problem in a quick positive manner to accomodate our buffet and hutch. (it now fits) I would certainly recommend Trico Homes and sales managers Chalsey and Sharon to work with you, to build your new home

Apr 09, 2014, Foothill Ranch

We went to quite a few different showhomes and comunities looking for a home. When we walked into the Trico showhome at Mahogany Jen made the difference when she took the time to ask what was important for us in our future home. Something that nobody else had done up to that point. She went over the floor plans that she thought had what we were looking for and we found the one we loved. Everybody working for Trico were extremely helpful and committed to making sure we were happy and satisfied trough the whole process. Even after moving in the sales rep that took over Jen, (chalsea) went out of her way helping us find a few things we needed for the new house. The only complain I have is with the Home Theatre company. Trico works with showcase to run your speakers and home theater wiring and this was a huge disappointment. To make a long story short I had to to go into the crawl space (which is very hard to do given the design of my house) and locate the wiring for the ceiling speakers myself after I had to pay showcase to tell me where the wiring was located. (yes I had to pay them to tell me where the wiring was for the wires I paid them to run). I had to do this myself because this is what they recommended after I cut the ceiling where I was indicated by them, only to run onto a ceiling beam. It was very difficult for me to get a hold of the guy in charge of the wiring in my house, he only replied after I left a msg saying i will be there next morning to talk to him in person. They did patch my ceiling and installed the speaker but only after I told them that's what they had to do given that they gave me the wrong location for the speaker which I had to pay for! This was not the only issue I had with showcase but it was the biggest one, and every time It was very difficult for me to even get someone on the phone. I basically wasted my money paying them for the locations of the wiring, because they were not accurate and the end I had to go find the locations myself. Other than that dealing with Showcase, Trico has been great to us, the sales Team (chalsea and Sylvia), Clayton going out of his way touching up scratches and nicks that we did ourselves moving in, and the warranty team making sure we are happy. We love our new house, we made the right decision choosing Trico, and we love the service they have provided! Thank you Trico!

Apr 07, 2014

My wife and I were looking to buy our first home. Upon visiting and reviewing a number of home builders in the south, Trico homes stood out. As soon as we walked in, the sales team and their very friendly demeanor welcomed us into the show home. Apart from a very impressive presentation of decor and use of lighting and the space, we favored Trico's layout over the rest. Both Erin and Carmen, the sales team, guided us during the entire process on our first home by reassuring us, went above and beyond our requests of our home, and provided us with security by exemplifying such professionalism and in-depth knowledge of the home-building process. They both were very informative, accommodating, and pleasant to work with. We bought a 'spec home' but were still able to make a few changes to the home. We were allowed visits to our home any time as long as we were accompanied by one of the sales staff. And we were sent, via email, photo updates of our home every time there was a new change to the house. We appreciated this very much and highly anticipated these updates since we lived on the opposite side of the city and could only visit every so often. Right up to the final walkthrough, the transition and process continued to be smooth. The home inspector, at the end, doing the walkthrough with us was a third-party affiliate. He worked with us in "trying" to identify any issues with the home prior to us moving in so the trades-people can fix it. But he was impressed to see not any major issues only a few touch-ups on the house. Overall, my wife and I are extremely pleased with it being our first home. Thank you Erin, Carmen and Trico on a job well done and for making this decision as smooth and stress-free as possible!

Mar 31, 2014, Cochrane

I was very happy with the experience of purchasing a new home from Trico. The sales team in Riviera was excellent and did a great job with getting me setup in the right house. The trades were great as well, and the warranty staff have quickly worked through the few small issues that you'll find in any new home. I would definitely recommend Trico to any prospective buyer.

Company Response:
Hi Jared We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Thank you for your kind words. The Riviera team will be thrilled to read! Please do not hesitate to contact our warranty department if you have questions or concerns regarding your home! Have a great day! Nicole Walker Customer Relations Manager

Mar 27, 2014, Calgary

We build our first new home with TriCo and from that start there were issues with sales, paperwork errors and misinformation. The sales team did there "best" to resolve the errors and promised there would be no more issues. We have been in our home for 6 months and Trico refuses to assist with numerous issues with the warranty of the our home. Our cabinets are crooked and un- level wall and flooring gaps that we acknowledged from our initial walk through that we have been told are not covered and are considered by their "expertise" to be cosmetic. The MAJOR issue that Trico has …..Closed… and thats our hot water tank. The first night ever we spent in our new home my wife sat in our bath tub only to be shocked that the tub would only get halfway filled and the hot water would run out. The following day we went into the tub together and tried to enjoy a bath and same thing now with two adults in the tub you would think that there would be a sufficient amount of hot water? Well think agin, two bodies in the tub and still the hot water ran out before the tub was full. We communicated the issue to Trico and they inspected the hot water tank, no issues with the tank discovered. The plumbing company gave a simple diagnosis the tank is too small. Now let me relay that the ensuit tub is a STANDARD layout. We did not upgrade the size of our tub. Its a Trico standard spec tub size. Between months numerous emails and three more hot water tank inspections Trico has "closed the issue".What does that mean? We are just saposed to live in our home, without a significant source of hot water? I am 31 years old and my wife is 27 and 14 weeks pregnant with our first child. This home was the kickstart to our exciting future. The failures, apathy and candour of Trico are un-nerving. I am sure there are lots of couples like you out there that are considering Trico for your future, please don't. To this day my 14 week pregnant wife can not enjoy a bath. It hurts. Trico pains us every email we get. I can only say again do not choose Trico.

Company Response:
Hi Shaun I will look into this matter and discuss further with our warranty department. The hot water tank that you have installed in your home is the standard size hot water tank installed in all our homes unless a customer asked for an upgrade or a second tank. Rarely do we get negative feedback regarding the tub and hot water. There are many factors that can affect the amount of hot water supply such as showering, washing dishes or doing laundry. If the hot water tank is depleted of water then the tub will not fill to a standard height. With that said; I understand your concerns and will look into this matter further. Sincerely, Nicole Walker Customer Relations Manager

Mar 20, 2014, Calgary

I would like to thank entire Trico team for the house they built for us, we got the house that we were looking for. All products, services, management are awsome. Thanks for the wonderful home 178 Nolan hill dr :)

Company Response:
What a great way to end our Friday! Thank you so much for this post! The Nolan team will be thrilled to hear how happy you are! Please call our warranty department at anytime or stop by the showhome! Enjoy your weekend! Nicole Walker Customer Relations Manager

Mar 19, 2014

March 19,2014 Brooks Our home was a spec home, so we had no input on the actual design & upgrades, we loved our home from the first time we seen it. We were very satisfied with how we were treated. Neil Donnelly, the area sales manager for Trico Homes in Cimarron, Okotoks was a pleasure to work with. Neil was very patient, knowledgeable and accommodating while he helped us through the whole house purchasing procedure. Anytime we had a question, he was more than willing to help us. Our walk through was done in a very friendly & professional manner. Khurram at Coast Wholesale Appliances was very knowledgeable & friendly to work with. To summarize our experience with Trico Homes; if you want a company that is competent, reliable & stands by their word, then Trico Homes is the builder for you.

Company Response:
Hello Mr. & Mrs. Brooks Thank you so much for this post! Cimarron is a lovely community. Neil has done a great job of selling this community and our product/services. Possession day is very important time and we want to ensure your walkthrough experience is done well! It is nice to hear it was very friendly and professional. Coast will be so pleased to hear about your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact our warranty department at anytime if you have questions or concerns regarding your home. Sincerely, Nicole Walker Customer Relations Manger

Mar 15, 2014, Calgary

We built in HillCrest Airdrie. We've been fortunate to have the Service/Warranty of Yasmina and Don handling our file. Yasmina has usually responded within 24 hours and Don has always been respectful or our schedule and circumstances. Don has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to house building and the whole process. He explains things well giving how to do maintenance and why certain events happen. They have been great at getting issues we've seen fixed or explained in a short period of time. The building process and pre-possession had some frustrating and disappointing things happen. We were concerned that would continue with the Service/Warranty. We were pleasantly surprised that our concerns were addressed with the Service/Warranty team. Our review would have been a 10 out of 10 if this Service team were the only ones you had to deal with in the building of a house with Trico.

Company Response:
Hi Patrick Thank you so much for your post. Yasmina and Don are strong members of our warranty team and always go above and beyond for our customers! It is great to hear that a Service Technician explains things well and gives maintenance tips. I am sorry to hear the building process and pre-possession had some frustrating things happen. We are working to improve our building and turnover process and just today I met with the construction manager to discuss some new systems and procedures. I will talk to the site supervisor in Hillcrest and see what we can do to ensure this does not happen on future builds in your area. Please do not hesitate to contact our warranty team at anytime if you have question or concerns regarding your home. Sincerely, Nicole Walker Customer Relations Manager

Mar 11, 2014, Calgary

We purchased our new home about one year ago. Over the past year we have been very satisfied and have taken friends to visit the show homes. That does not mean we have not had issues. On several occasions we have called Trico and had them come to the home to fix, cupboards, hot water for the main tube, and several other things. I have been completely satisfied with their response and have asked Trico on several occasion to come over and explain how things work, such as heating in the winter, how to set the thermostat. Again on each occasion them were very helpful and up front with us. I feel that Trico should be honoured to have the workman ship they have shown to us. I have check our heating bill with my previous home and I am very happy. My old home was smaller and the heating bill was much higher. I have found that our utilities are the same or less then our past home. We enjoy our new home and have friends over for dinner, they also are impressed with the home and the open area we have. We would recommend Trico Homes to any one. Randy and Meining

Mar 08, 2014

Trico was amazing to work with when building our first home. All the sales staff (Erin, Suzie, Jamie, Jolene) were so knowledgeable, professional and personable! They answered all our questions in a timely manner and were always there when we had any concerns. They allowed us to make modifications and explained the entire process of home buying and building to ensure we were getting what we wanted when building our dream home! The construction staff were amazing; such hard and diligent workers. Peter is one of the hardest workers I've ever met!! You can tell he is really proud of what he does and always puts in the extra time and effort to provide quality work. Thank you to everyone, such a positive experience! :)

Company Response:
Hi Jayden & Brad Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! The sales staff in Cochrane have done an great job of servicing our customers and ensuring any questions or concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Peter is amazing and works so hard making sure the home is built to the highest standards. Thanks again for post. Please do not hestiate to contact anyone of us at anytime if you have questions or concerns regarding your home! Sincerely, Nicole Walker Customer Relatons Manager

Company Profile

Over the past 22 years, Trico Homes has established an enviable reputation and is recognized as one of Calgary's top residential builders. With a history of integrity and community support, we're proud to have built a legacy of over 8,000 single and multi-family homes.

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities

Trico Homes

Credentials & Financial Information

1992
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!