Categories :
Hours:
8 am - 5 pm

Klondike Contracting

Company Profile

Klondike Contracting is an Award-Winning Design Build Renovation Firm that specializes commercial & residential projects.

Our Design Build Team includes professional designers, architects, engineers, consultants, trades people, as well as our project / site managers and office support staff. It is through constant communication that we are able to deliver our projects on time,on budget and with the highest attention to detail.

more...
Servicing:

Vancouver & Lower Mainland

Reviews for Klondike Contracting

Jan 14, 2011, Vancouver

fOR THE MOST PART i AM VERY SATISIFED BUT WILL COMMENT THAT SOME OF THE TRADES WERE DISORGANIZED AND APPEARED TO DO WHAT THEY PLEASED WHEN IT PLEASED THEM. THIS MEANT THE PROJECT WAS DIFFICULT FOR THE MANAGER OF THE PROJECT TO TIE IT TOGETHER. IT ALSO TURNED OUT THAT THE PROBLEM CONTRACTORS ALSO PRODUCED THE POORER QUALITY OF WORK. fOR THE MOST PART i THOUGHT WE GOT A GOOD JOB IN A TIGHT MARKET. D

Company Response:
Glad to hear you were generally very satisfied with our services as we do work very hard to ensure all our clients are 100% satisfied. Your feedback regarding a couple of our sub-trades is very important to us & we have already spoken with them to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We look forward to working with you again in the near future!
This review has been flagged for verification.
Richard in Victoria Jun 18, 2010
Why am I seeing this?

Apr 26, 2010, Vancouver

If its management of your renovation project with reasonable contractor costs (materials and labour) and project coordination that allows you to lead your regular working life, then Klondike Contracting is not the company for you. We had a scheduled two month renovation project that turned into eight months full of stress. (Granted, I was away for one month, but...) Our project manager was rarely on site to catch critical errors (eg. substandard insulation, delivery problems, framing errors, electrical errors, etc.). This responsibility was left, for the most part, to us. Though many of the trades did provide good service, the costs for some (especially the electrician, mason, and tile-setter) were outrageous. Unfortunately, we only discovered this after we gained more experience. In addition, we were asked to cover costs (plus the 25% profit and management fee), from the contingency fund, damage clearly caused by the tradespeople to our property on the first day of work. Had we to do this project again, Klondike Contracting would not be our choice.

Company Response:
Although we at Klondike are disheartened that we have a somewhat dissatisfied customer, we understand that we work in an industry where we can’t please everyone. This project, being a renovation in a heritage house, was not straight forward from the beginning. The client chose to do her own design & hence had limited drawings and/or detail for our trades. Despite this, we did our best & our trades did provide excellent service, as mentioned by Hillary. The end result is a beautiful, well finished space that was completed more than $3000 under budget.

Dec 15, 2009, North Vancouver

Thanks to Klondike with its team of designers and trades the exterior of our home is transformed, now looks updated instead of stuck in the 80's and they were able to keep my budget expectations. Will be doing my kitchen and bathroom next with them as the system they have in place gives me a great feeling in a very difficult industry.

Company Response:
Chris It's comments like your that make our business worthwhile! Can't wait to work on your next project once you & your husband decide when you'd like to tackle it. Hope you enjoyed the summer. Talk soon!

Dec 15, 2009, Vancouver

Klondike saved me from what could've been a horrible mess! I started the project with another contractor who promised everything & delivered nothing. I was left with a torn up kitchen and a bill that didn't make any sense. I was very hesitant to work with another contractor but when I met with Burton at Klondike, I felt very comfortable in proceeding. He explained the construction process very clearly and even pointed out problem areas, which the other contractor did not bring up at all. The tradesmen on the job were all very friendly and considerate (they were wonderful to my dog). I came in just under budget thanks to the creative solutions the designer came up with. I would not hesitate to refer Klondike to friends or family.

Company Response:
Kelan So glad your experience with us was really positive. We are not perfect but we try really hard & we always ensure our clients are 100% satisfied! By the way thanks so much for the 2 referrals you've already sent our way. We will take good care of them!

Nov 26, 2009, Vancouver

Klondike renovated my kitchen and did a spectacular job. I interviewed 3 other contractors before choosing Klondike because of their organization. Their process was explained thoroughly to me by Eric Schapira, my first contact. Furthermore, during the construction, my designer also managed all the trades, schedule, budget, and ensured quality, leaving me practically stress-free. Budget was a concern from the very beginning but with creative solutions, Klondike kept it under control. I love my new kitchen, especially the recycled glass backsplash! I would not hesitate to use them again or refer to friends & family.

Company Response:
JF I love hearing our process was practically stress-free. In our industry it is a very hard thing to achieve. Thank you so much for your kind words! So glad you love the recycled glass backsplash. I knew you would!!

Jul 24, 2009, Vancouver

KC did a great job fixed my 20 year old deck, sanded like new & applied a dark semi-transparent Sikkens stain! Looks like new!! Great job guys!! Can't wait to have our first BBQ on it this weekend!

Company Response:
Stephen I hope your BBQ was a great success on your gorgeous revamped deck! Enjoy it for years to come!

Company Profile

Most Municipalities
BBB, GVHBA, LOUD & EO
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
2-5-10 New Home Warranty

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!