Category :
Owner/Manager:
Denis Charron

Skylights Unlimited Inc

Company Profile

Skylights Unlimited is a premium renovation, skylight installation and repair group serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) since 1988. Over 24 years experience designing and building Attic and loft conversions, cathedral (sloping) ceilings and installing/ repairing skylights. Our expert staff can create a spectacular lighting and renovation solution for you …

more...
Servicing:

Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan

Reviews for Skylights Unlimited Inc

Show:

Jul 05, 2013, Vaughan

First of all your follow-up (from my quote the previous year) was perfect. I didn't even need to look up your number! You had all of my information. You called early enough in the spring to give me the option of having work done very quickly. You called exactly as you said you would prior to confirming the installation. The work site was spotlessly cleaned up and the installers actually had a fun sense of humour. Thanks.....I would and will recommend you and I love my new skylight:)

Company Response:
We are so happy you love your new skylight. It really does enhance the look of your beautiful home. Glad you were satisfied Deborah and thanks for the feedback! Have a great weekend!

Jul 05, 2013, Toronto

"My experience with Skylights Unlimited was exceptional, from the initial contact with Denis for the estimate, to the final site clean up by the installation team. Mine was a small job, just the replacement of a single grossly outdated skylight that leaked for years with a top notch (and slightly larger) new one with a solar powered retractable shade. But, in all my dealings with this firm I felt that my little job was important, and care was taken to explain in detail everything that was being done. I would highly recommend Skylights Unlimited to any homeowner looking to replace or install new skylights."

Company Response:
No job is too little or trivial. We too are homeowners and try and take the same care and pride in every job we do, as if it were our own home. Thanks for the great feedback and for the opportunity to serve you!

Jul 05, 2013, Vaughan

I want to express my complete satisfaction with Skylight Unlimited for a professionally executed skylight retrofit. The advice, scheduling, execution came with no surprises and on schedule. Cannot ask more of any company who promises service. Job well done!

Company Response:
Thanks for the wonderful words. We are very proud to have a loyal crew and staff that work together in sync and take pride in what they do. Will pass on your positive comments to everyone. Thank you again!

Jul 05, 2013, Vaughan

Very happy with the results. Your installer was great and most helpful. He did a great clean up and the product was the best. Would be happy to recommend your firm to one and all. Thank you again and if needed, we will be sure to call on you again.

Jun 27, 2013, Old Toronto

great service, professional service. Showed up on time for the quote and actually early for the install. We are very happy with the end result and very satisfied with their service.

Company Response:
We are very happy that you are satisfied with the work done. Please feel free to refer us to family and friends. Thanks for the excellent feedback!

Jun 24, 2013, Old Toronto

We were happy with the service and work provided by Skylights Unlimited. Very professional. When we noticed a minor issue (a shingle was slightly bent) they responded quickly and fixed it right away without any runaround. We did a lot of research on getting a new skylight put in and these guys were the most reasonably priced but also one of the best. Hard to find that balance. I'd recommend them.

Company Response:
We are all homeowners as well and know how important it is to do things right. We pride ourselves in delivering the best customer service and doing a professional job at all times. Very happy you were satisfied!

Jun 11, 2013, Scarborough

I had a old leaking acrylic skylight which was replaced with a flat glass unit. Denis was very helpful & informative when discussing my options for replacement. His crew did a nice clean job. They also removed an old stovepipe that I no longer used & patched the roof for me.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
An improvement to their service could be the option to have a contractor that can do any mudding and taping required to make the entire job hands-off for their customers.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
I would call Skylights Unlimited again. Just be prepared to finish any interior areas yourself.
Company Response:
Thanks for your comments. We are very happy you were more than satisfied with our work. We know how disruptive it can be when getting renovations done at your house, that's why we really try to go the extra mile to ensure our customers are happy!

Feb 28, 2013, Markham

Excellent job! I'm very happy with all aspects from start to finish, this company knows what they are doing, if I decide on getting another skylight I will go to them without any hesitation.

Company Response:
We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to helping you with all your skylight needs in the future!

Feb 08, 2013, Old Toronto

We were very pleased with the instalation of a 2X4 vented Skylight on a flat roof. A box had to be built to create a pitch for the skylight. We had requested a southern exposure and the installer, originally did it as a northern exposure. They acknolwleged and corrected the problem right away without hassel and we are very pleased with the end result.

Company Response:
We appreciate your feedback.. I'm glad everything turned out to your satisfaction and appreciate your business. Take care.

Jan 18, 2013, MARKHAM

We had a crack in our skylight that was leaking. Denis came out to investigate and advised that replacing our older skylight was the way to go. His two-man crew came back a couple of weeks later to complete the job and we haven't had any problems since.

Company Response:
Glad to hear the problem is fixed! Thanks for the business!!

Company Profile

Products & Services

Specialties
Attic and loft conversions. Cathedral (sloping) ceilings. Custom lighting solutions with skylights.

Credentials & Financial Information

1988
We have one of the highest gurantees in the industry. 10 year guarantee on materials and labour. 10
Cheque, Visa, Master Card
Renovator business licence. WSIB Coverage. $2 million liability insurance.
BILD, Renomark, BBB, Markham Board of Trade
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!