Category :
Owner/Manager:
Denis Charron

Skylights Unlimited Inc

Company Profile

Skylights Unlimited is a premium renovation, skylight installation and repair group serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) since 1988. Over 24 years experience designing and building Attic and loft conversions, cathedral (sloping) ceilings and installing/ repairing skylights. Our expert staff can create a spectacular lighting and renovation solution for you …

more...
Servicing:

Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan

Reviews for Skylights Unlimited Inc

Show:

Feb 08, 2013, Old Toronto

We were very pleased with the instalation of a 2X4 vented Skylight on a flat roof. A box had to be built to create a pitch for the skylight. We had requested a southern exposure and the installer, originally did it as a northern exposure. They acknolwleged and corrected the problem right away without hassel and we are very pleased with the end result.

Company Response:
We appreciate your feedback.. I'm glad everything turned out to your satisfaction and appreciate your business. Take care.

Jan 18, 2013, MARKHAM

We had a crack in our skylight that was leaking. Denis came out to investigate and advised that replacing our older skylight was the way to go. His two-man crew came back a couple of weeks later to complete the job and we haven't had any problems since.

Company Response:
Glad to hear the problem is fixed! Thanks for the business!!

Dec 22, 2012, Toronto

Thank you all -- Denis, Tina, the two young men who came to remove my old skylight, Ed and Kevin. My kitchen skylight Installation was completed on Thursday and I am absolutely delighted. It is beautiful! The installation took three days: the work was done expeditiously, clean-up was immaculate each day and I so appreciated Ed’s guidance in deciding how the ceiling would be sloped. Your firm has my highest recommendations. Irene Gish

Company Response:
Hello Irene, Denis, Tina, Ed and Kevin would all like to thank you for your kind review of our services on your kitchen skylight. We love it when our clients are "absolutely delighted"! We appreciate our clients' recommendations as we know that this is what other homeowners trust. Happy New Year from everyone at S.U.

Dec 09, 2012, Toronto

We wanted more natural light to a center stairwell but did not want to endure a major skylight install project. Denis and crew made it happen, two weeks later with a 14" Sun Tunnel. Excellent communication with total attic/roof inspection and experienced suggestions, inside & out. Paid more than expected for a custom fit so I sure hope they cleaned all my eavestroughs ? Thanks. We love it.

Company Response:
Hi Brian, There are many people out there who are also wondering if they should go for a new skylight or keep it simple with a sun tunnel installation. There is lots to consider when making that decision, so hopefully your review will help others' making the same choice. We're happy to hear that you're pleased with the work done on your home. Warm regards

Dec 03, 2012, THORNHILL

One of our skylights started streaming water into our sunroom during a storm. We called Skylights Unlimited and I spoke to Denis. As we don't live very far from their office, Denis came over and we had a quote that same day. Denis explained that our old skylights were acrylic and both needed to be replaced because they had cracks in them. My husband and I decided to hire them to replace both skylights. We were told that it would take about four weeks. Denis told us that if we continued to have problems with leaking, he would try to do a temporary fix for us until the new skylights were ready. We received a call only 1.5 weeks later that our skylights were in and could be installed the next day if we were available. My husband took the day off work and our skylights were installed 2.5 weeks earlier than expected! The installers were very nice and did a great job installing and cleaning up afterwards. After the installation, I had a question and Denis took the time to answer my question and make sure that I was satisfied, even after the job was done and paid for. I highly recommend this company.

Company Response:
Hi Esther, Thank you very much for the thorough review. We know how frustrating it can be to have water coming into your home from a leak and how important it is to get the problem solved as soon as possible! We do our best to make sure that each and every client is satisfied and has their job done quickly in situations like yours. All the best in the New Year, Everyone at Skylights Unlimited

Nov 14, 2012, Toronto

We purchased the Velux skylight from Skylights Unlimited approx. 10 years ago and they installed it. Recently the blind needed replacing. Velux said it would take 14 weeks. These guys did it in 2. Great friendly and efficient service. I highly recommend them both for installations and repairs.

Company Response:
Thanks for your past and present business, Ian. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience with us and the great recommendation. Sarah at S.U.

Oct 31, 2012, Toronto

When my 28 year old skylight finally started leaking my research indicated that Velux was the new industry standard in skylight products but it was my visit to HomeStars that pointed me in the direction of the right installer. I ordered a custom made Velux skylight and the experience with Denis and his team was excellent from beginning to end. All options were well explained, the price was fair and the installation went smoothly. I would recommend this company without hesitation to anyone looking for a new skylight.

Company Response:
Hi Rae, we're happy to have been at your service to replace your old skylight. Thanks for your advice to other home owners about where to go to get their skylight work done. We truly do care about making sure that the job goes off without a hitch. Warm Regards from Skylights Unlimited

Oct 29, 2012, Toronto

They did a great job from start to finish, including suggesting the best options in a pre-installation visit. Job was done well, no mess left behind - very happy with the result.

Company Response:
Hello Chris, It's always nice to hear from our satisfied clients. We make every effort to insure that the job is well done right from the beginning to the end and so it's good to get this positive feedback! Glad to hear you're happy with the result. Take care, The S.U. Team

Oct 29, 2012, Toronto

Had my old cracked skylight replaced by this company. Everything went smoothly, no problems at all. If you need any skylights work done, just get these guys to do it. Excellent service at a competitive price.

Company Response:
Hi P, Thanks for taking the time to review our work and give advice for those in search of a skylight installer. We're happy to hear that you're pleased. All the best, Sarah

Oct 27, 2012, Toronto

It's appropriate that we let you know how very pleased we are with our new skylight installation! The two gentlemen who attended to our installation were most professional, courteous, and obviously skilled. In addition to completing a most satisfactory installation, they were attentive to all the "fine" details of the installation, they kept us informed as to exactly what was transpiring as the installation progressed and they left the site "Bristol clean"!! Many Thanks!

Company Response:
Hello Mr. Fish, Thanks for the review of our services. We're glad to hear that you're happy with every aspect of the work we did at your home. We really take pride in our professional and knowledgable crews who treat our clients' homes with respect. You're very welcome, Everyone at Skylights Unlimited.

Company Profile

Products & Services

Specialties
Attic and loft conversions. Cathedral (sloping) ceilings. Custom lighting solutions with skylights.

Credentials & Financial Information

1988
We have one of the highest gurantees in the industry. 10 year guarantee on materials and labour. 10
Cheque, Visa, Master Card
Renovator business licence. WSIB Coverage. $2 million liability insurance.
BILD, Renomark, BBB, Markham Board of Trade
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!