Category :
Lawn Maintenance
Address:
16815 128A Avenue NW Edmonton , AB

Green Drop Lawns Ltd

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

Dr Green Lawn Care Services -West

We have used Dr. Green for a few years and have found he services to be very GOOD!. They are prompt and have attention to...

Chris from Calgary 2 Apr 22, 2014

Reviews for Green Drop Lawns Ltd

Nov 28, 2013, Edmonton

Terrible! Numerous calls made trying to book this service and never received a call back. Office staff not worried about lack of follow up didn't care about losing my lawn services contract as a result. Very disappointed as I have been a customer for several years.

Oct 17, 2013, St. Albert

Green Drop was very professional and helpful from day one. I told them my issues with dog damage and they sent someone to take a look and advise me the best program to take. After a season we are extremely satisfied. All the friends and family ask how we have such a beautiful yard. I tell them all to call Greendrop. The dog spots are gone after a few applications and some watering. Only advise I have is ensure your mower is working well because Green Drop make that grass grow fast. Thanks again GreenDrop see you folks next season.

Mar 23, 2013, Ardrossan

In the Spring of 2012 Green Drop approached me and offered me their lawn services. A sales rep came out looked at the yard and gave me a price. They guaaranteed me 5 fertilization applications for my lawn, one deep root fertilization for my trees and shrubs, an overseeding and a spring aeration for my lawn. They also claimed a tree expert would come out and inspect my trees and shrubs for disease and general health. With the early spring I was expecting to see them fertilize and overseed in late April or early May. By the middle of May my neighbors' lawns are all turning green and looking healthy and mine is still not greening up. Every time I called Green Drop a different person answered the phone and would put me through to the supervisor in charge of my area, when the phone would ring through I would get a message machine and would leave a message to no avail. Finally they showed up to do my overseeding on May29th. When I asked them when they would be able to do the first "Spring" fertilizing they said that they had to wait 14 days after the overseeding or the weed control would kill any new growth from the overseed. So they were planning on giving me my first fertilizer application after June 12th. I had purchased 5 fertilizer applications, not sure how to fit 5 applications in after June 12. After I talked with them they sent some one out to fertilize my lawn then next day or so. So I basically got zero value from the overseeding and my lawn did not get its first fertilization until late May. My lawn did not catch up to my neighbors lawn until mid July. The tree expert made an appointment to meet me and I took the morning off work so I would be there for the consultaion on the trees and shrubs. When no one showed up I phoned the office looking for him and was told his truck had broke down so he was going to be late. I waited another hour or so and phoned back. This time the receptionist (a different one than the first itme I called) tried to reach him on his cell phone, but had no luck. She informed me he might be on a service call and too busy to answer the phone. I figured he should be under the hood of his truck! To make a long story short the tree expert never showed up that day and never did call me. The receptionist informed me that the tree expert would call me in a couple of days to set up another appointmant. It never happened. Basically they were full of promisses until they convinced me to pay, but once they had my money they were difficult to contact and did not come through on their promises.

Jul 10, 2012, ST ALBERT

Review has Multiple Versions 1

I tried Green Drop in 2011 and was not at all happy with their product/service. Although they claim to do weed control, there was absolutely no evidence of it. My neighbors laughed at the condition of my lawn since I had paid for the service and their lawns were perfect. (They fertilized their lawns themselves) For the 2012 season I had decided to do my lawn myself, however, Green Drop hounded me continuously and begged me to give them another chance. They also informed me that with the package I purchased the previous year, as well as what they were offering me again was a guarantee. In other words, if the weed control did not work, I could just call and they would come out and reapply weed control at no extra charge. This is something that I was not aware of the previous year, so based on that information I agreed to give them another try. As it turns out, my decision to try them again was a huge mistake. After receiving the first application, which was supposed to consist of fertilizer and weed control, the documentation they left in the mailbox stated they only applied "spot" weed control. After about 5 days, there was no change to any of the weeds except for the fact that it was clear that they were not dieing. I called Greed Drop and they said it could take up to 7 days. I waited 10 days and by this time the weeds were so big I had to dig some of the larger ones out. Another call to Green Drop. They said that someone would be out to re-spray the weed. After waiting a short while without anyone showing up to re-spray, I called again. Still no show. A few more calls and still no show. By this time, over a month had passed and Green Drop stated that I was due for another application anyway. They also said they would have a manager come to my house within 5 business days to discuss my concerns. I was actually at home when the Green Drop truck pulled up. I tried to get outside to speak to the person, however, by the time I put my shoes on, he was gone. Upon checking the lawn, it appears that the lawn was sprayed on a small patch in the front yard (including the boulevard). As far as weed control goes, there was absolutely no "spot" spraying of weeds. I called Green Drop the next day as their offices were closed at the time of spraying. Despite what I witnessed they ensured me that my lawn was properly sprayed and to wait 5 - 7 days for results. I waited the 7 days and again, there was absolutely no change. I again called Green Drop and they said that they would send someone out to spray the weeds again (AGAIN??, they didn't do it the first or second time) In any event, it was at that time that I told them to forget it, and asked for a refund. The next day I went out and bought some good quality weed killer and fertilizer and did the lawn myself. After 3 days the weeds were turning brown and wilting. After seven days they were completely dead. - Mission Accomplished!! Based on the foregoing experience I can only come to three conclusions - either the person spraying the lawn is not doing it properly or the product they use is ineffective or it is a combination of both. Based on my experience I believe it is the latter. As far as anyone from management coming to see me or even giving me a call, I have heard nothing from them as of the writing of this review. My advice to anyone considering using Green Drop would be to look elsewhere or do it yourself. UPDATE The area manager finally called, listened to my story and said he'd come and look at my lawn. He came and after viewing agreed that the job was not done properly. He said it was the result of a newly trained employee and that he (the manager) would redo the job as well as give me a few free applications. He said that he would not want his Green Drop flag on a lawn that looked like mine. When he sprayed my lawn I was out of town. When I returned, a few days later, there was a major improvement. I have since cut the grass and I have to say, it looks great. I'm not sure what he put on it but if they can guarantee that it will turn out the way it did after he did the job, I will be using them again.

Helpful? Yes No
This review has been flagged for verification.
Josh in Edmonton Jul 02, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Jun 28, 2012, EDMONTON

The snow was barely melted and the yard wasn't raked yet and they had fertilizer on the ground. In early April I requested extra weed control as I have a very large yard and the retaining beds were starting to be more than we could handle. To date and after having Green Drop show up 4 times at my request they still have not sprayed the areas requiring spraying. No one from management has returned my calls to fix the problem. Time to fire this company and move on. Weeds are now 4ft tall.

Jun 07, 2012, Edmonton

Our lawn was looking pretty dreary after a long cold winter. After noticing Green Drop marker signs on another property in our area, I decided to give them a call. The following week they made the first fertilizer application and some spot weedkilling. Within 10 days the lawn was greener and the dandelions were wilting. By july we had a great looking lush lawn. The price is hefty, but worth it.

Feb 11, 2012, GIBBONS

WE have many large breed dogs and our backyar lawn can be a disaster. The people at Green Drop advised us on the right approach to restore and maintain our lawn. No more yellow spots!

Feb 09, 2012, STONY PLAIN

This is a great company, They show up on time and call the day before and if it rains they call to say they can not do it or if the wind is too high so as to not spread the weed killer onto your shrubs etc. They come back if any weeds do show up for free. No fuss.

Dec 25, 2011, Edmonton

We have been using Green Drop for lawn maintenance for many years. We get the 4 application lawn care package which includes fertilizing. Overall we are satisfied with the service, and the price is reasonable, but there are many other factors that affect the lawn that Green Drop cannot control. For example, our lawn grew wild mushrooms, but Green Drop said that was our of their jurisdiction and was caused by dampness. However, we were dandelion-free so the lawn looked lush and green. Would recommend them to others - just note that they do not announce when they do the applications, so if you will be out of town, contact them to see when they will arrive because you will have to water your lawn after the application (they will stick a little flag on your lawn after the application).

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!