Category :
Helen Mulligan
Hours:
M-F 9-5 - After Hour Appointments Available Upon Request

Mulligan Woodworking Ltd.

Company Profile If you can dream it. . . . We can create it! Furniture and cabinets, recreation rooms and restaurants. No job is too big or small. We can build it to your exact specifications. Our professional staff has been satisfying customers for over 20 years. From the initial consultation to ...

You Might Also Consider

Tacoma Woodworks

The team was very helpful and knowledgable. They came in on time and on budget. They have since followed up with me to see...

Aislin from Newmarket 1 Jul 26, 2013

Reviews for Mulligan Woodworking Ltd.

Show:

May 14, 2012, OAKVILLE

Mike was the only design company who challenged my initial concept and offered a unique alternative. His approach was simple and straightforward, and his eye for design was right on the money. He was highly responsive to some changes along the way, and executed the project flawlessly, ensuring every bit of detail met my expectation and satisfaction. I would recommend Mike and his team in a heartbeat.

May 04, 2012, OAKVILLE

I needed a desk for my study, but the standard sizes wouldn't fit, so I had to have one custom-made. I didn't have much idea what I wanted, other than the size, but Kellye guided me through the process with excellent results. I now have exactly what I wanted, even if I din't know I wanted it. Workmanship is excellent and delivery and set-up were we Mulligan to anyone.

Apr 18, 2012, Etobicoke

Mulligan was great. The quality of the finished product was excellent and exactly what we wanted. They had ideas we hadn't thought of that made the final product even better. We've already given their name to another friend looking for a referral.

Apr 11, 2012, Mississauga

Kellye and Michael were extremely professional from the moment I contacted them for a quote. They were flexible in terms of timing, arrived on time for our meeting, took accurate measurements, listened to my ideas, incorporated their own, and then provided me with a very detailed CAD drawing of the custom desk and bookshelf. Their price wasn't the cheapest but I went with them because they were the most prepared, and from their drawings and detailed contract, I felt comfortable with them and knew exactly what I was getting. After agreeing to go with them, the excellent customer service didn't stop. They were great at returning calls, answering questions, making changes if necessary, and great with accomodating my schedule. The desk was ready to be installed on schedule, and they pretty much completed the installation on the same day. After that, there were a few follow ups because some touch ups and fine tuning were necessary, but again, Mulligan Woodworking never made a fuss. They kept fixing stuff until I was completely satisfied. Since the desk has been installed, we always get compliments on the craftsmanship, the beautiful look of the furniture, and now we actually use the room regularly. Now it's been about 6 months since the job was completed, and I contacted them recently because it was bugging me that the drawers weren;'t aligned/flush and they agreed to come and fix it. I always recommend Mulligan to friends and family because you definitely get your money's worth in customer service alone. It is very rare to find companies these days that still value customer relationships. I wholeheartedly recommend that you at least invite Mulligan to bid on your job.

Mar 04, 2012, Toronto

From our first contact with Mulligan Woodworking until the final installation, every aspect of this project was well handled. Guided by HomeStar's ratings, we obtained estimates/proposals from four leading companies including Mulligan. Our selection of Mulligan was based on the quality of their past work, thorough understanding of our needs, design suggestions, punctuality, responsiveness, and price. Kellye promptly responded to various questions that we had during the detailed design phase. The installation by Michael and his team over the course of two days was very professional. We are very impressed with the craftsmanship in the construction and finish of the cabinets as well as the matching of the new and existing moldings (baseboard and crown).

Feb 01, 2012, Toronto

Mulligan Woodworking did several different jobs for me over the course of the last few months. I found them here on Home Stars and contacted based on the very good feed back they had received. I had also contacted a couple of others from the list. Mulligan by far exceeded them all as far as professionalism. We had them custom design an floor to ceiling wall unit with shelving and storage cabinets. They also custom designed some Rad Covers through out my house. Our home is over 100 years old so we were very nervous a doing this kind of work. Mulligan built our cabinets and rad covers into the existing woodwork of our home. The did such an amazing job that their work looks as if it was always there. The budget they produced never changed and was quite in expensive in my opinion when looking at the quality of work we received. I really can not fault them for anything. I am really impressed with their work and I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Oct 31, 2011, York

We found Mulligan Woodworking on the Homestars website and were impressed with the high satisfaction ratings and comments in reviews of their work so decided to give them a shot. As we had over 20 feet of wall in our living room, we were concerned that the proposal for built in's not be overwhelming in the room and that they create a warm environment. Mike and Kellye visited our home, took measurements and provided us with a great design which captured our storage needs and looked amazing. Mike suggested one feature involving the set back of cabinet depth on either end of the units with the addition of glass doors which adds interest and was a great addition to the look. During the whole design process they were very patient with various delays (caused by us) and Mike helped us make all the right choices in terms of finishing touches. The installation, carried out over two days by Mike and two others was professional, courteous and clean. When the work was completed to say we were happy would be an understatement. The quality of the workmanship and shop finish has to be seen to be believed.....they are true artisans and the finished units are beyond our expectations! We have no hesitation in recommending Mulligan Woodworking to anyone looking for quality workmanship.

Aug 31, 2011, MISSISSAUGA

Mulligan Woodworking built and installed a wall unit for us consisting of a fireplace mantle with floor to ceiling cabinetry on either side. We are very happy with the finished result. We visited many contractors initially for quotes, and they were one of the few who provided an in house visit, detailed computer drawings, and a competitive price. They were always reachable by phone for questions, before and after the contract was signed. Based on pictures we provided and many in store sessions we designed the look we wanted. Michael and Kellye were very patient and helpful throughout this process. They even invited us to visit the workshop to see our in-progress cabinets to put our minds at ease. The installation was completed professionally and on time. We love our new wall unit, and have no reservations in recommending Mulligan Woodworking.

Aug 24, 2011, Toronto

Mulligan's designed, built and installed a custom bathroom vanity and medicine cabinet for us. Our bathroom is like most in older Toronto homes: cramped and poorly laid out. We wanted a vanity that would give us storage while working around the location of the toilet and stack. When Michael and Kellye came to do an estimate, Michael immediately made several clever suggestions that no one else I had approached to do the project had come up with. Kellye was very careful to make sure that they understood what our needs were and what we wanted. The resulting cabinetry is beautiful, well made and extremely functional. Michael did a fantastic job of matching the stain of the vanity with that of the existing bathroom door. He also went beyond the call of duty by helping us with the botched installation of the counter top by another company. Kellye cheerfully responded to our queries promptly and thoroughly. The installers were experienced, polite and tidy. Indeed, everyone at Mulligan's was unfailingly pleasant, punctual and professional and they are the only company I would consider for any woodworking project.

Jul 07, 2011, Toronto

We hired Mulligan woodworking after reading the reviews on this site. At the beginning we were fairly unsure of what we wanted in terms of a built in bookcase but had fairly clear ideas for the window shutters. We presented Mike and Kelly with some images but weren't sure how or if they could be executed for our space. In fact, however, Mike was able to explain how he could produce something very similar to the bookcase we wanted and we are very happy with it. I don't think Mike had ever made the type of shutters we wanted. When they were first hung we were very unhappy with the result, there were gaps between them, hinges weren't hung evenly etc. It was not what we would have wanted from a rather expensive custom job. Mike assured us that he would make us happy and in the end we are fairly pleased with the shutters though they are not perfect. If I were to use Mulligan again I would insist that Mike be present during the installation process as his installer was not the most considerate, leaving food and garbage around the house and not taking the utmost care to install the shutters correctly. While we did have some issues unfortunately in the end we are pretty happy with the result.

Company Response:
We are very sorry you feel this way. When you are referring to “when they were first hung” only 5 of the 9 windows were rough hung, and final adjustments were not yet done. When we finished, the spacing was as constant as an old house with refitted windows allows. There were several trades on site, to say that our installers were the ones that left a mess is a bit unfair. We met your deadline, and you are happy in the end. Thank you.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!