Category :
Owner/Manager:
Rafal Siedlecki
Hours:
Mon-Fri 8-6, Sat 9-3

Baltic Windows and Doors, Inc.

Company Profile OUT OF BUSINESS

You Might Also Consider

Windows by Installer

By_Installer_company_logo.jpg

If you are looking for windows, look no further. I talked to six different companies and Alex from Windows by installer is...

Tom from Mississauga 2 Apr 10, 2014

Reviews for Baltic Windows and Doors, Inc.

Show:

Mar 25, 2012, Mississauga

poor quality door. Poor fit with gaps allows cold air through in the winter. Condensation inside the glass because the gas escaped. The owner stan takes your money and promises a good product, but instead you get a lemon. Spend your money some where else.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
go bankrupt
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Do not buy from this company. Poor quality products.

Nov 22, 2011, ETOBICOKE

I have chosen Baltic Windows to install windows in my whole house as a result of their ability to pay through credit card. I have found the window quality to be very poor with many window crancks failing after only a few months. The owner of the company refused to return to fix the windows as previously promised.

Sep 09, 2011, Etobicoke

I got good quality widows on time at excellent price. I had my own installer and all windows fit perfectly. I would recommend this company to anyone that looks foe quality windows at right price. Greg Baniak

Feb 25, 2011, Shelburne

IT WOULD HAVE TAKE ME A DAY TO LIST ALL THE PROBLEMS WE HAD WITH BALTIC WINDOWS AND DOORS PRODUCTS AND SERVICE. AS SOON AS THEY GOT THE FULL AMOUNT OF MONEY THROUGH FINANCIAL COMPANY THE ATTITUDE CHANGED AND WE WAITED ONE YEAR FOR THE TRIM. THE DOORS DO NOT HOLD THE SEAL AND DRAFTS GET IN THE HOUSE THROUGH HOLES BIG ENOUGH TO ALLOW INSECTS TO COME IN. ALL WINDOWS ON SOUTH SIDE OF THE HOUSE LOST GAS DUE TO SEAL FAILURE AND FOG UP BETWEEN GLASS DURING TEMPERATURE CHANGE. WE HAVE CONTACTED BBB AND APPLIED FOR ARBITRATION PROCESS BUT THEIR IGNORANCE IS HUGE. THEY DID NOT RESPONDED TO BBB COMMUNICATION FOR 6 MONTHS SO BBB TOOK THEIR ACCREDITATION AND RATING AWAY.

Sep 27, 2010, HAMPTON

We purchased windows from Baltic once before for our enclosed front porch and were satisfied with the product so when it came time to replace the windows in our house we went with them again. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! We were originally told it would be 5 weeks, promised actually but unfortunately not in writing. Well 13 weeks later we get our windows and garden door, which we had to send right back again! The window mullions were all crooked, the arches weren't lined up correctly, the screens fell apart, the vinyl was warped, the doors had dings in them- and the best part- they were the wrong size. We ordered and paid for 36" doors and got 34", did they think we wouldn't notice? And dealing with them, everbody blames someone else!! So we wait another 3 weeks for the return and still half our windows have this wonderful screeching sound when you raise and lower them which they say will go away eventually! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN would I deal with this company. So the summer is gone, my holidays are used up waiting for windows, and we wasted more heating fuel from the gaping holes in our wall than we will save with our new energy star rated windows.

Bella in Mississauga Jul 15, 2010
Pam Litwinski in Mississauga Jul 14, 2010
Why am I seeing this?
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
Matus_30 Dixie and Clark May 01, 2010

Mar 19, 2010, Toronto

Prior to choosing Baltic Windows, I thought I did a very good job in researching a variety of companies, asked many questions and did a lot of ground work by visiting 10 to 15 showrooms. I finally came upon Baltic Windows and immediately liked their window products. I liked the fact that they are a family run business ( at least I thought at the beginning ) and I got to tour their back factory to see for myself where the windows are made. The rep that came to my house was cordial, and pleasant to deal with. He ensured that all window designs and colour of windows were exactly what I wanted and reviewed contract and government incentives with me quite thoroughly. I was told my project would take ONE DAY TO COMPLETE since I did not have many windows to replace. CONTRACT WAS SIGNED AND THEN HEADACHES BEGAN. I did not know that for this job I had to also be the inspector, the manager and the negotiator. The installing crew came on the prearranged date, and immediately there were problems, the patio door hadn't arrived yet and four outside bars which were part of one window were not included. Within 5 minutes of the first day of work, I had to call in the main office to report this. THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE A ONE DAY PROJECT AS PROMISED. Luckily for me, I had a friend of mine come and inspect the work done prior to their second visit and I was told that all my frames needed recaulking. Regular caulking ( white caulking ) rather than wood filler was used and once the caulking dried, every frame was cracked open. ( Perhaps they did not use sufficient caulking or as my friend suggested they tried to cut corners ) Every corner of every window needed this work redone. Some window frame tops were slanted and needed fixing too. AND one window frame my friend confirmed was of poor quality workmanship. I am not an installer or in the window business and trusted that they were the professionals and knew what they were doing. I thought I had done my job well when choosing Baltic since I had done extensive research prior to picking this company. But after my friend's review, I wrote my list of things to be fixed inside so that I could go over it with them when they came back. For the outside work, capping was done and some parts were not sealed with caulking, some sections of capping areas were not properly adjusted with existing doors and gaps could be seen. When I went to their office I was reassured that it would all be fixed when they came back. The crew came back the date we arranged but was not able to complete the work because they were overbooked with another job on the same date. So they managed to fix some of the problems listed and the outside patio door was installed but a temporary cauking was placed because the coloured caulking had not arrived. I also had them caulk the top frames of most window since they were left open. Another meeting had to be scheduled again to complete caulking of patio door and reframing of one of a main large windows. Within the first week of installation, to my horror, I noticed that one of the panels of a larger window showed a bubble on the outside frame which was quite noticeable particularly when the sun shined on it. I immediately went to the factory and spoke with Stan and he agreed that it had to be replaced. This would take about two to three weeks to fix. In the meantime, the crew came back for DAY THREE OF THE PROJECT and completed some of the outstanding work that was initially listed. The lead crew member was very helpful and worked with me to fix all the problems. As for the new window panel to be replaced, it was replaced three weeks later, we are now looking at end of November, the dent looking bubble was gone however, the colour of this panel did not match with the other window panels, and the four bars for a second window did not match the frame either. I was told that I was to receive the new panel and bars before Christmas. Christmas came and went, the New year arrived and by mid January I called the office to find out what was happening with my order. I was told that the panel and the bars were ready but they would have to wait for warmer weather to come since the four exterior bars could break the window if removed in cold temperatures. This project started at the end of October and by mid January I was still dealing with window fix ups. A new customer representative who started working with Baltic in January was quite helpful especially when I told him that I had been dealing with window problems since October and that I had to make all the calls to find out what was happening. He quickly took over my case and within a few days called me back to inform me that panel and bars would be ready to install upon warmer weather. Two months later, ( we are now in March ) no one called to let me know when this new installation would happen and we have been having warm weather for a while now. So I called again myself....and within one day of my phone call an installation date was set and I informed the representative that another bubble looking dent was noticed on a second window . By this time, ( 5 months after initial installation ) I am very frustrated with this whole process which should have ended a long time ago and would like this experience to be over. I specifically asked for Stan or Rafal.....to come over to look at the window, so that we could comprimise on the remaining balance. I called back the next day to confirm and was told that neither Stan or Rafal were coming just the installing team. The installing crew came, but once again the colour was off from other window panels. The first panel replaced was one tone darker than the other window panels, this time it's one tone lighter. AT THE END OF THIS WINDOW INSTALLATION PROCESS FROM OCTOBER TO MARCH, NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY HAS COME TO SEE IF WORK COMPLETED WAS DONE TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OR ACCORDING TO COMPANY'S COMMITTMENT TO EXCELLENCE. THERE WAS NO FOLLOW UP. NOT EVEN THE INITIAL SALES REP WITH WHOM I HAVE SIGNED THE CONTRACT BOTHERED TO CALL ME BACK TO FIND OUT HOW THINGS WERE GOING OR IF WORK WAS COMPLETED AS PROMISED HE WOULD. Judging from some of the reviews, some people know exactly what I am experiencing since they too have had a frustrating experience, while others seem to have had no problems. I am not sure why there is a difference in experience......when a company is good, it should be good all around. I can only relate what my experience has been like working with this company. The quality of their windows is wonderful, but the workmanship and the customer service behind it is not of the same calibre unless you are willing to spend months on end trying to get what you paid for. As one of the commentors wrote that the quality of a company should be assessed by how they handle problems, I can honestly say that in this area Baltic Windows has fallen short for me and many other customers. For a company that prides itself on excellence and has a great product, they would make a better name for themselves if they improve on making all their customers happy and not just some. I think one of this company's main problem is that they do not do all the work themselves. I have learned that Baltic Windows only makes the window itself, the installing crew are mostly subcontractors and if you choose coloured windows like I have, then another company does the painting. So a company that is partly a family run business runs into many problems when it depends on so many other people/ or subcompanies to promote and represent their product. AND WITH NO FOLLOW UP VISITS, THEY FAIL TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE. ALL CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE HAPPY CUSTOMERS ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE PAYING BIG BUGS FOR THESE RENOVATION PROJECTS. LOVE MY WINDOWS, NOT THE EXPERIENCE OR THE HEADACHES THAT WENT ALONG WITH THIS PROCESS!

Company Response:
Dear Frustrated Customer in Bolton, I understand you did your job in researching window companies and that you visited 10 to 15 different showrooms and that ultimately you chose Baltic because you liked the product and the staff. You were told that your installation would be completed in 1 day and there are no excuses for how you were treated after the 1st day – for this I would like to formally apologize to you for all that has gone wrong since. During the months from October through to February, many companies including Baltic were on overload due to last minute orders received due to the Home Renovation Tax Credit offered by the government to promote customer spending. However, because of the time sensitivity it was quite frankly, overwhelming. Crews were over worked and the quality of installation was poor in some cases. There are no words that can describe your annoyance and disappointment with Baltic. I would like to make everything with you a positive experience and know that I have to work very hard at gaining your trust and satisfaction. In regards to the painting of extrusions, most painting is done by companies who specialize in the painting of vinyl (just like most things painted or with color). Depending on the dye lot used the shades can vary due to when they are produced. The color is the same, but the shades may be off. We try our best and make the efforts to make repairs and color match as close to the original color selected as possible. As for the grid work, there is a high percentage of glass breakage because of the cold weather. Glass does become very brittle and in our years of experience we did not want to take the chance of your glass breaking and therefore delaying the fixes even further. I will be personally contacting you to make arrangements with you to go over the complete job in its entirety. My goal is to make you as happy and satisfied as I possibly can. Thank you, Patrick Porzuczek General Manager 905-799-5771
Arod in mississauga Feb 16, 2010
Why am I seeing this?

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!