Category :
Todd Childerhose
Hours:
Mon-Wed 11-6, Thur-Fri 11-7, Sat 11-6, Sun 12-5

UpCountry Canada

Company Profile NOTE: New ownership as of November 2007. UpCountry home furnishings, patio furniture, lighting and accessories.

You Might Also Consider

Cargo Cabbie Professional Movers

Cargo Cabbie Toronto movers.jpg

WHITE GLOVE MOVING SERVICE - WITH A SMILE :o) I have moved numerous times over the years and this was by far the best...

NATALE from East York 2 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for UpCountry Canada

Oct 03, 2007, Toronto

DO NOT SHOP AT UPCOUNTRY. I purchased a mirror on Aug 3rd/07 with a credit i originally had, i was advised that the delivery would be 4-6 wks for my mirror. I am now dealing with Managers (Daniel), Customer Service, all telling me (when i finally get thru to them) they don't know where my mirror is. They DO NOT return my repeated calls and attempts to get a replacement or a refund. I filed a claim with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU on Oct 3rd. I even emailed the President Terry Iwaskiw on Oct 1st..no response. I contacted my credit card company who has sent a letter to UpCountry and refunded my purchase, unfortunately only half the price of the mirror as my credit covered the other half. I was told by the person at the King Street Store that answered the phone that their delivery company has lost SEVERAL ORDERS for them and that they were looking into getting a new delivery company. This is just the short version of the story. PLEASE DO NOT EVEN STEP INTO UPCOUNTRY! YOU MAY AS WELL THROW YOUR MONEY INTO THE TOILET.

Sep 21, 2007, Toronto

2.3

Do NOT shop at Upcountry. Our experience has mirrored the others - bought our furniture with a 50% deposit back in boxing week sale - Dec/06. After continually being told it'll be 8 to 10 weeks, and given excuse after excuse after excuse (mainly that the manufacturer was having issues), we finally got our money back in August when they still couldn't tell us definitively when it'll come in. That's 7 1/2 months!!! Ridiculous. Well...enter another furniture company...We got the exact same thing from the same manufacturer for the exact same price (which was their regular price....not UpCountry's 40% off sale price)..were told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to come in and lo and behold....delivered to our house in 5 1/2 weeks! So much for the manufacturer having problems. Do yourself a favour...don't even get into the mess in the first place...don't shop at UpCountry.

Sep 13, 2007, Toronto

The service was exceptional! I've heard horror stories regarding their delivery schedule, but the table arrived even earlier than promised. It arrived approximately two weeks before the scheduled date. If you want modern furniture at a reasonable price, then Upcountry is definitely recommended!

Sep 11, 2007, Toronto

Upcountry has great furniture. I saw these great ladder bookshelves, they look very unique and most people that see then comment how great they look with our hardwood floors. Upcountry is good store with a great variety of modern furniture.

Aug 14, 2007, Toronto

3.3

We purchased a bedroom set at a very good price at the Vaughan Mills store but we have been experiencing the same difficulties as everyone else with UpCountry ever since. We did not receive our furniture in the specified ETA of 6 weeks (It is now 4 1/2 months!) and our calls and emails to inquire about status have not been returned. We have no clue when (or if) we will receive our bedroom set. I have opened a complaint against the company with the BBB.

Aug 09, 2007, Toronto

Upcountry should rebrand as "Upyours" because that's how the customer service department treats you. ABSOLUTELY ZERO follow up. It's as if they feel put out when you inquire why the order has taken so long - and forget about customer service - the dont have any. It's too bad when they go out of business because we met a couple really nice people in the Burlington store.

Jul 30, 2007, Toronto

Ordered 5 pieces of living room furniture in December and so far we have not received any pieces of our order. One big round around with this company. We put down a 50% deposit way back then and we have just recently asked for it back. Still waiting for the money!!! Do not shop here! Worst customer service, sales staff is incredibly rude and act stupid - they all tell you the same thing and nothing is ever done. Do not even walk in to this store!

Jul 25, 2007, Toronto

2.3

My husband and I purchased a dinning room table, chairs, and a couch from UpCountry on King Street. In the store, customer service was adequate. We put 50% down. We recieved a call a couple of weeks later that our furniture was in stock however we needed them to hold it in the warehouse for 1 more week b/c we hadn't yet moved into our new house. They told us we had to pay the balance of the merchandise in order for them to hold the furniture. Now that we are moved into the house we have recieved completely HORRIBLE customer service. Almost all of our phone messages were ignored. When we did get a 'live' person we were given the total run-around and excuses for the delay in the delivery. Since this has happened we have read through the other reviews on homestars and realize that we probably never should have purchased from UpCountry. More than 90% of the reviews are negative. So now we are waiting in our new home with no dining room table or chairs and no couch. Our experience with UpCountry has been a disaster. We will NEVER do business with them again.

Jul 06, 2007, Toronto

2.8

We purchased a shag area rug from their downtown Toronto store on April 19,2007 and gave them a 50% deposit. We were given an ETA of 4 weeks, (less if rug was in stock). I started phoning their customer service line 2 months later and never got a response. I left them 10 messages plus countless emails and faxes and never got a response! I got so frustrated that i drove into the store, (from Oshawa) and talked to the salesman that had sold me the rug. He appeared genuinely shocked that I had not received it yet because he said the rugs were in stock. A few days later the store manager, (Daniel), called me and apologized and assured me that he would personally get to the bottom of this matter. That was a month ago and still no phone call or rug. I phoned the store 10 more times since asking for Daniel who was never available! He finally answered one day and assured me again that he would take care of it. A short time later my salesman called me and apologized and said he would call me by yesterday at the latest,(still no call). MY ADVICE, DO NOT SHOP AT THIS COMPANY!!

Jun 30, 2007, Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

My husband and I went into Upcountry looking for a new bedroom set and found just the one we wanted. It was beautiful and we couldn't wait to get it to furnish our new bedroom in our first house. That was the beginning of April when we ordered it and put 50% down. On April 28, I got a call saying that the bedroom set was ready and that they just need the balance owing. So I paid that on my credit card and they said the delivery company would call in 3-4 days to schedule a delivery. After weeks and then months of discussions and arguments with every employee, the delivery company (who we never heard back from), and every manager we have requested a full refund as they have thousands of dollars of our money and cannot give us even an estimated time of arrival for our furniture. We were told that they have a no refunds policy (surprise, surprise) and that we would need to talk to the CFO to arrange a refund. Not surprisingly, we have yet to hear back from ANYONE, not customer service, not the CFO although we are calling them everyday and leaving messages. DO NOT SHOP AT UPCOUNTRY. Unless you want to give them a lot of money for nothing in return. They still have our money, refuse to give it back and won't give us our furniture. It's like theivery.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!