Categories :
Owner/Manager:
Steve Spring

Top Hat Chimney Sweeps

Company Profile

Standing above the roofline, chimneys are fully exposed to rain and snow and are affected by winter's freeze/thaw cycles. They are therefore one of the first places on a house to deteriorate. This deterioration usually takes many years to begin but then progresses rapidly. Cracked or spalled bricks, damaged flue tiles or concrete caps, or a leaning structure are signs that the chimney needs immediate attention.

more...
Servicing:

We service the entire GTA including Pickering,Scarborough,Markham,North York, Etobicoke, Woodbridge, Brampton, Mississauga

Reviews for Top Hat Chimney Sweeps

Nov 24, 2011, Toronto

I have been using Top Hat Chimney Sweeps now for many years, and every time find the service extremely professional and efficient. I always get treated with such a friendly attitude from the moment I get in touch with the office start to when the job is done. Every time, the work has been completed quickly and everything left spotless, and the employees so friendly while they are here. Steve Spring is extremely knowledgeable about the industry and is always available to answer any questions I have about the work being done. I will continue to use Top Hat year after year and will certainly recommend them to anyone looking for some high quality chimney care.

Sep 22, 2011, Toronto

I hired the company to clean the chimney of my wood-burning fireplace. The service was performed cleanly and efficiently and at what I consider a fair price. The fireplace had been installed in a major renovation of my Victorian row house before I bought it and the technician who did the cleaning pointed out a number of safety concerns that would rewquire major work to remedy. He had no personal financial interest in this, so I appreciated his advice, which confirmed my own concerns about the state of the fireplace and chimney. Frankly, with old row houses that were not designed with an open fireplace, I''d steer clear of renovations that include one unless you are confident the work has been done with scrupulous attention to safety and all code requirements (as I fear was likely not the case when my house was renovated).

Aug 12, 2011, Scarborough

Steve Spring sent his crew over to repair my chimney and i must say they did an excellent job! The rates were excellent too! Top notch for Top Hat! Thanks

Aug 02, 2011, TORONTO

My wife and i decided it was time to get our chimney repaired.We were very pleased with the price of our rebuild. Very professional workmanship by the brick mason and i would definitely recommend top hat chimney to anyone. Steve spring was a joy to work with and follow up on completion. Excellent company!

Jun 22, 2011, Markham

I am extremely pleased with the prompt service and professional workmanship that Top Hat Chimney sweeps has provided to me for over 20 years. Greg always conducts a thorough interior cleaning and exterior inspection of the chimney. We sustained a lightning strike on Saturday June 11 2011 that directly hit our chimney destroying the top portion. On the Monday following the tragedy Steven Spring came out to price the repair and the very next day his crew came out and rebulit the chimney. All of the team ranging from their office to the repair team did an incredible job. I highly recommend Top Hat Chimney Sweeps and repair.

Jun 07, 2011, Thornhill

This amazing team was professional and courteous from the first call to arrange the estimate, and from there the service only went up! Steve Spring knew in under a minute what it may require to repair our chimney, and once the work was scheduled, his very capable crew completed the work carefully and efficiently. The only evidence left of their work was the pride of their workmanship! I couldn't have asked for anything more from a service provider and highly recommend Top Hat for any chimney work -- I can now safely shout it from the rooftop!!

May 05, 2011, North York

Top Hat Chimney Sweeps was truly professional in presentation, care and workmanship. We were pleased when their original quotation matched the invoiced amount without hidden extras or upcharges. The workmen showed up right on time and were polite and very clean every time they entered the house. When the job was done, there was no debris for me to pick up. But most importantly, the workmanship seems to be top notch. The brickwork matches exactly and the joints are tooled exactly like the original bricks just beside the area of repair. Good to know some trades still have a sense of pride in their work!

May 02, 2011, Ottawa

Excellent service and workmanship. We had our 40 year old chimney repaired --- of course we couldn't find bricks to match the original chimney, so you can tell it's been repaired when you look at it, but Top Hat did a very good job of finding modern matching brick. The workers were polite and prompt - they came back and checked the chimney when we had some water come in through the chimney (it was an unrelated problem), and I have to say that we got a great job for a fair price.

Apr 08, 2011, Toronto

Recently, we needed to have a WETT inspection done of our woodstove for insurance purposes and it needed to be completed quickly. Top Hat staff completed the inspection, provided sound advice, and did the work on the weekend to accomodate our needs. Many thanks to the staff at Top Hat.

Jan 13, 2011, Toronto

The estimate was fairly done and very informative. Proved to be completely competitive once I checked others. The workers were very timely, considerate, informative and friendly. Upon close inspection, the quality of the work done is excellent. Very professionally done. The site was left spotless when they left and they were done more quickly then estimated. I highly recommend Top Hat for a job well done at competitive rates. Their assessments are honest and clear. Great stuff!

Company Profile

Top Hat Chimney specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and rebuilding. Our brick masons are unsurpassed in their level of expertise, and take pride in their workmanship. They take great care to protect the roof and ground so that all work will be completed in a clean and safe manner.

All of our work is guaranteed against defect in materials and workmanship.

We are happy to provide references from other satisfied customers in your area.

The burning of wood leaves highly flammable deposits in the chimney flue and smoke chamber. Regular cleaning and inspection are essential in the prevention of chimney fires.

All of our expert technicians are WETT certified and employ the most up-to-date chimney cleaning techniques. Care is always taken to insure that there is no mess in the home.

A basic chimney sweep includes :

- cleaning of the chimney flue, smoke chamber, and smoke shelf
- damper adjustment
- basic inspection.

Also Available :

- nest and blockage removal
- detailed WETT reports
- chimney caps and accesories
- special rates for multi-unit properties

Products & Services

Products
Chimney caps and accessories. Lock-top damper systems. Chimney liners.
Services
Cleaning of the chimney flue, smoke chamber, and smoke shelf - damper adjustment - basic inspection - nest and blockage removal - Detailed WETT reports - Chimney liner installation -Chimney rebuilding - All chimney repairs

Credentials & Financial Information

1978
Cheque, Visa or Mastercard
WETT Certified technicians. Member of the Chimney Safety Association of Canada
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!