Categories :
Hours:
Mon -Fri 8am-4pm

Sandgate Construction Inc

Company Profile

Sandgate Construction Inc. was founded in 1959.
We specialize in:
Additions
Smart Homes
Home Theater
Custom Homes

Sandgate Construction Inc. was founded in 1959 and since that time has earned its standing as a highly-respected general contracting firm in the greater Toronto area.

more...
Servicing:

Brampton, Concord, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Aurora, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge

Reviews for Sandgate Construction Inc

Show:

Sep 23, 2013, Aurora

I would like to thank Todd for making my dream a reality. The idea of renovating my kitchen was overwhelming but Todd, Kevin and his team almost took me by the hand and walked me through it from begining to end, every step of the way from choosing colors, designs, giving me ideas, and reassuring my decisions. The workmanship was excellent, no delays, and at the end of each day they left it very clean - never once did I have had to clean up after them, not to mention Todd did everything possible to work within my budget. At completion I could not be more satisfied!!! I had a beautiful new Kitchen and I felt I made a whole group of new friends that I can call on at anytime. This experience could not of been any better and I will use Sandgate for any project I require in the future. Congrats on a excellent job and a well run company. It does not get any better then this folks.

Company Response:
Hi Yo I'm so glad we could help , thank you for the nice words we appricaite it . Cheers .

Sep 23, 2013, King City

Once again Todd and the Sandgate team have delivered and exceeded our expectations. Sandgate has been helping us with our growing needs for several years now. We would highly recommend them.

Aug 15, 2013, Newmarket

Basement Renovation I contacted Sandgate and Todd came out to meet with me at my home. We discussed converting our basement into a bedroom suite and creating a family area/room. From the quote, to the execution of the project, the service exceeded our expectations as did the end result. We are so pleased with how our basement turned out. Thank you Sandgate for your great work!

Company Response:
Hi James it was a pleasure working with you. Hope You and your family enjoys your new space. Todd

Mar 08, 2013, Aurora

Todd gave us a very reasonable timeline with good affordability for our basement reno. Very professional and friendly service. When our roof needed repair work and our regular roofer did not show up Todd contacted another roofer for us and the work was completed immediately and efficiently. Thanks for the wonderful assistance and service. I would highly recommend this company to family and friends. A White-Stesco

Company Response:
Thank you April for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear you are pleased with our service.

Nov 17, 2012, Newmarket

Review has Multiple Versions 1

We wanted to take out 2 walls separating the kitchen and dining room that required a laminated beam. Sandgate was referred to us. Todd met with us, was professional and provided a detailed quote with breakdown. He was accommodating and willing to let us do some of the work ourselves to help with our budget. Some contractors may not be so willing to work with you in this regard because more coordinating is involved. As with many renos, once you start ripping things out you discover problems so things are delayed and there are unexpected costs. Todd and his crew were flexible and responsive but there were times of miscommunication and some tense moments that were addressed. His foreman, crew, and subtrades were good and cleaned up after themselves. We felt that Todd was honest, willing to give suggestions and his opinion but also listened to us and answered our questions. Our biggest issue was the difference in height between the ceramic tile/cement base and our existing hardwood flooring. I don't think we agreed with the contractor on what was an acceptable and reasonable height difference. However, we were able to discuss and resolve this. Overall, the contractor was reasonable, helpful and solid workmanship.

Oct 08, 2012, Richmond Hill

in 2006, Sandgate won our work to add an addition to our house as part of a complete kitchen reno. They encountered numerous obstacles from poor work with their sub-contractors to the unforeseen behind the walls. All the Sandgate workers were amazing- friendly & professional and went above and beyond to make the reno's easy on my wife, baby & me. Despite obstacles Todd & his team resolved everything to our liking. Kitchen is still amazing and now they are the sole contractor quoting on our basement & bathroom reno.

Jun 27, 2012, NEWMARKET

About 5 years ago we hired Sandgate Construction to do our custom kitchen. We were so pleased with the results that when this new project was on our radar, we knew that we just had to call Sandgate. We had a bit of a mess on one side of our home, the ground was all small rocks that was basically from the front to the back just a few meters away from our backyard, many weeds growing in between those rocks and just an overall area to avoid. Our fence was just a mess and ready to come down. Todd arrived at our home and looked over the area and listened to what we would like to accomplish. Asked questions, took notes and said he will prepare a sketch of the plans and a quote. We received it as promised and we were happy to see that he captured our ideas and was clear as to what we wanted. The price was reasonable too. After we agreed to the proposal, Sandgate had a bin at our home and started to clear up the area. After that the work began and they finished up within the time frame promised. Great job on our custome fence and ground. Within a couple of days we noticed our sprinkler system was not functioning properly so my husband checked it over and noticed the hose was cut. We called Sandgate to let them know of the problem. They had someone come by 2 days later, assessed the situation and agreed that it was their fault in error. 3 days later, someone came by to fix it. Overall, we are pleased with the level of service and quality that sandgate delivers.

Company Response:
Molly, I am so glad your happy with the work we did, a pleasure working with you. We are looking forward to working with you on future projects.

Sep 25, 2011, AURORA

Two white decorative pillars were sitting directly in the middle of the room. The replacement of these by laminating multiple super thick and 24 foot beams and restructuring the support via engineers drawings totally opened the room. Amazing Job. Thanks Stan.

May 21, 2007, Toronto

I had many problems with the renovation, too many in a short review like this. Unprofessional workers, wrong tiles installed etc. I currently am dealing with a peeling tin ceiling that Sandgate refuses to take responsibility for.

Company Response:
We have roughly 600 projects registered in our current database, over 100 of which are Aurora based. We have no record whatsoever of a client with the initials BK, no record of a kitchen renovation project in Aurora that included tin ceiling tiles and no record of ever receiving a call to attend to a deficiency of this nature. Our reputation for quality workmanship and superior customer service has been a matter of industry record for almost 49 years now and anyone wishing to challenge that claim is more than welcome to contact me directly. Better yet, readers of this response are invited to visit to our website where an ample selection of testimonials as well as an exciting photo gallery of our work is available for review.

Sep 30, 2006, Toronto

9.8

Great job & satisfaction with our renovation from start to finish! Kitchen completely renovated & dining room lights & flooring upgraded. Considering renovating our bathrooms & know who we'll be calling!

Company Profile

Sandgate Construction Inc. was founded in 1959.
We specialize in:
Additions
Smart Homes
Home Theater
Custom Homes

Today, we take pride in demonstrating a superior degree of versatility in executing residential, institutional, commercial and industrial projects for homeowners and business owners alike, ranging from small renovations to large design build projects.

Now celebrating 53 years, Sandgate Construction Inc. will take you “from concept to completion!”

Our valued reputation is authenticated by the number of repeat clients we have serviced over the years, as well as Sandgate’s privileged association with the Greater Toronto Home Builders Association (now known as BILD), where Sandgate is a certified “RenoMark Renovator,” the Canadian Federation of Independent Business and the Aurora Chamber of Commerce.

One of the principal guiding force of our company is to provide value to clients through innovation, custom design and superior craftsmanship

Products & Services

Services
Kitchen Renovations Bathroom Renovations Basement Renovations Landscaping and outdoor living spaces Swimming Pools Additions Smart Homes Home Theater Custom Homes

Credentials & Financial Information

Visa and cheque
Renovantage, Toronto Home Builders Association (BILD), Aurora Chamber of Commerce andRenomark
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!