Category :
Hours:
Mon-Sun

Rent-a-Son

Company Profile

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010 and 2011, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

more...
Servicing:

Brampton, Concord, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Ottawa, Montreal, Kingston, Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo, Guelph, Burlington, Hamilton, Whitby

Reviews for Rent-a-Son

Show:

Mar 26, 2012, Toronto

I had heard horror stories about GTA moving companies so I was sure to do my homework. Rent-a-Son is Better Business Bureau certified and won best movers for two years running so that was very positive. When I called for a quote I worked with Erika who gave me an excellent impression of the company for the beginning. She and I worked together to discuss my moving needs without making me feel pressured. The quote she provided was exactly what I was charged -- no hidden fees. When my two movers showed up (early, I might add) they were so friendly and efficient. I moved to the Beaches in which staircases are very narrow so I was worried some of my furniture wouldn't make it up the stairs but with some fancy footwork they got everything up into my new apartment. My dad who was there to help with the move kept calling them "his sons" and may have even invited them to Easter dinner. I would recommend Rent-a-Sons to anyone! They made what could have been a very stressful and exhausting experience hassle-free.

Mar 25, 2012, Toronto

Contacted company based on positive reviews on Homestars, was not disappointed, they were a pleasure to deal with right from the initial phone call. We used them to move some furniture and boxed items into storage for temporary period. The two guys that came were on time (even 10 minutes early), polite and best of all, quick and careful. They finished the job earlier than estimated and we do not have a single complaint. We definitely plan to use them again and have already recommended them to friends.

Mar 22, 2012, EAST YORK

This is the second time we have used Rent-a-Son to move within the past 8 months. Both times we successfully moved a household of 5 within 8 hours, without a single incident, scratch, break, or missing item. We had a different crew of three guys each move, and both were fantastic. All of them were polite, professional, and enthusiastic. Throughout both moves there were various issues with getting stuff out, getting stuff in, extra work, etc., and all the guys were more than willing to work through and solve the problems. Unfortunately for us we will be moving again, but we will have one less worry in knowing that the actual moving day will be very easy as we will be depending on Rent-a-Son again.

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
We were very prepared, putting everything possible into boxes and disassembling things ahead of the movers' arrival. We also had all the boxes labelled with what was in them and which room they were to go to. The movers told us this helped tremendously and partially contributed to the ease of the move.

Mar 21, 2012, Toronto

Extremely efficient, friendly and helpful!! The crew arrived right on time and were very professional. The job was done in half the time I would have expected, even when moving some very heavy and awkward items. Would definitely hire the team again for events or personal moving. Outstanding job!

Mar 19, 2012, THORNHILL

Moved from two places into one condo. One house, one apartment into a new spot that didnt even have a service elevator! Overcame all hurdles, wrappedeverything terrificly, broke nothing, changed times overcame elevators and surly condo managers.Kept on schedule, really helpful. Lots of guys, big clean modern truck, WOW! Prompt, professional, polite, will use again

Mar 18, 2012, TORONTO

We recently used Rent A Son to move half of our stuff out of a high rise condo and into a mini-storage facility and to take some things to goodwill. They handled the move very well and nothing was damaged. They were referred to us by a friend and we would recommend them as well. We've just booked them for our second move into our new place.

Mar 18, 2012, Toronto

Efficient and on time. Work well done. With the early spring it was great to get the garden cleared and ready. Rent a son showed up on time and worked well.

Mar 08, 2012, THORNHILL

The workmen arrived exactly on time and proceeded immediately to work. They moved every item we requested of them so quickly that they finished the work we thought would take at least 2 hours in less than one hour. We gave them additional work which meant we had much less to do.

Mar 03, 2012, North York

With the spring like conditions, I thought I would get a jump start to some yard work I posted from the past summer. Knowing I wouldn't be able to do it all myself, I used this site to help find some help. I am glad I did!! I should have looked into Rent-a-Son alot earlier!! The job was done alot better than what I would have done!! Very, very friendly and polite - if only some of the major retailers out there would adopt the same level of customer service we'd be better off!! I will without hesitation use these guys again, and have already reommended them to my own friends and family. You won't be disappointed!!!

Feb 06, 2012, NORTH YORK

We hired Rent-a-son for our trade show move-in and move-out. They were very efficient and effective. The staff, from booking to the actual move, were very accommodating and flexible. We will definitely use them again.

Company Profile

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.

Products & Services

Services
Local Household Moving, Long Distance Moving, Office Moving, Warehousing and Distribution, Packing, Storage, Moving Help

Credentials & Financial Information

2000
Visa, MasterCard, Check
Canadian Association of Movers
Better Business Bureau
4 Hours
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!