Categories :
Hours:
8 AM to 6 PM

Quality Restorations Co Toronto

Company Profile

WE HAVE COMPILED THE THOUSANDS OF JOBS THAT WE HAVE DONE OVER THE PAST 40 YEARS INTO 22 SEPARATE REFERENCE LISTS covering all parts of the GTA so when you call you will be able to see work we have completed in your neighbourhood and perhaps even on your street.

more...
Servicing:

Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Scarborough, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Aurora

Reviews for Quality Restorations Co

Show:

Jun 25, 2012, Mississauga

I had been looking around for a while for a company to do the work to repair our two chimneys and went with Quality Restorations. The job involved re-pointing one of the chimneys and rebuilding another. They matched the brick and mortar really well. The team set up tarps in the driveway and covered the a/c unit. They set up one afternoon and completed the job the next day. Quality Restorations came in at a reasonable price and did an excellent job. No complaints.

Company Response:
Thanks very much Heather for the nice review !

Jun 20, 2012, Toronto

Set up and booked in winter for spring restoration. Work done on our schedule with no muss or fuss. Great work with final clean up and no hassle ...a pleasure to do business with.

Company Response:
Thanks for the review Mike - that was one big chimney! I'll let the guys know your comments

Jun 08, 2012, York

Their quotation was made based on pictures that I had submitted which seemed to be an efficient way to handle that. The crew was friendly, respectful and explained proposed changes to the job. The job was completed in a timely manner and the results make our steps look almost new! The final cost was adjusted downward based on the actual work required!

Company Response:
Thanks Ken - Peter and Sean say hi - thanks for the nice review , they both work hard to do the right job.

May 28, 2012, Toronto

After receiving several quotes for our roof, we finally went with Quality Restorations. They got the job done in a day and a half under extremely tight working conditions. We were so happy with the roof, we asked them to come back and do some more work on the house. The workers were very courteous, and carefully cleaned up after themselves after each day of work. I would definitely recommend Quality Restorations to anyone.

Company Response:
Thanks so much - the boys really had their work cut out with little space to move

May 08, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

Did couple of quotations last winter when I finally decided to rebuild my fireplace chimney. Some contractors gave their quotes by phone or by Google map. But this one send an estimator to your house, and the final quote was professionally prepared with price and project detail steps. I also contacted cash workers, but turned their price even higher. My decision to go with Quality Restorations Co because of: 1. Professionalism 2. Flat price 3. Work is guaranteed for 5 years. Since winter time is not for outside masonry work, we waited to this year. The rebuild work stated from 2:00 pm, finished about 8:00pm. The brick color matching is almost perfect, and the job finished without any debris or garbage. Definitely big thumb up!!!

Company Response:
Thanks so much Wei - I will pass this on to the guys - they really do appreciate hearing good news just like anyone else

Apr 28, 2012, Mississauga

The team from Quality Restoration showed up when they said they would, were very courteous and professional and did great work. When the job proved to be a bit bigger than initially anticipated, Doug was veery fair in evaluating the extra work. The bottom line is they were honest and made sure the work was done right. When the job was finished, they cleaned up well and left no mess. Based on this experience, I would have no hesitation recommending Doug and his team to anyone.

Thanks very much Andrew - I will pass this on the the guys

Jan 23, 2012, ETOBICOKE

Almost thirty years ago, I hired Quality Restorations to rebuild part of my chimney. The work was completed as promised, was reasonably priced and is still a sturdy/solid chimney. This year, right after the New Year, my furnace was turned off because of a defective chimney liner. I immediately contacted Doug. He asked me to send him photos of my chimney. Within two hours of my initial call he had provided me with a quote and scheduled the replacement for the following morning. Then, on the advice of my family, I decided to delay a day to investigate the cost of replacing the furnace instead. I asked Doug if I could put the replacement on hold until the next afternoon when I would let him know my final decision. About 4:30 pm the following day I phoned him to reschedule the installation I had put on hold – expecting it to be at least two days away. In less than 15 minutes he phoned me back to schedule noon the following day. As promised, the installer phoned ahead to confirm his arrival time. When the work was finished the area was left spotlessly clean and tidy. I couldn’t have been more pleased. Initially, when Doug quoted the work he gave me a bottom and maximum price. A cost above the bottom price would only be charged if there was a problem removing the old liner, but would not exceed the maximum quoted. True to his word, he charged me the lower price. Companies change over the years and often not for the better. When I made my phone call to Doug, all I could do was hope that their service was as good as it had been many years ago. I wasn’t disappointed. Doug was sensitive to my lack of house heat, patient when I put the work on hold and immediately responsive when I decided to resume the work. I found him to be honest and professional. The installer was courteous, professional, answered all my questions and cleaned up everything before leaving. They were a pleasure to do business with and I will be contacting them again. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Company Response:
Thank you Helen for the very nice review - Wow 30 years! How time flies! We do give priority in situations where there is an emergency and we are happy that we were able to "come to the rescue" once again.

Dec 27, 2011, North York

We are very happy that we can enjoy our fireplace. Thanks to Quality Restorations Company. They did a great job on rebuilding the chimney. They are very reliable,punctual,professional and tidy.

Company Response:
Thanks so much and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Dec 22, 2011, Scarborough

JOB DESCRIPTION: REBUILD BOTH CHIMNEYS AND CONNECT DUCT WORK TO FURNANCE. REPLACE BROKEN BRICKS ON LOWER PORTION OF CHIMNEY. JOB WELL DONE. QUICK AND NEAT WORK. NO HASSLE. WILL RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

Company Response:
Thanks very much for the review John - we always appreciate the feed back. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sep 19, 2011, Toronto

We took possession of our house in Mid-August and had about two weeks until our move date. During this time we needed to complete an interior renovation, including removal and construction of banister and handrail along stairs on main, second and third floors, painting and electrical work. Also, we needed to complete exterior work including tuck pointing, re-shingling, new eavestroughs and waterproofing along one side of the house. Quality restorations commenced work on the scheduled start date and worked continuously until the job was done, enabling us to move in on schedule. This was greatly appreciated. Workers were professional, courteous and made a concerted effort to clean the house upon completion of the work. When (minor) delays occurred, our project manager (or the company owner) always made efforts to advise of the delay in advance, clearly explain the reason, and provide advice on when work would be resumed. This too was appreciated. The quality of the work is great. Painting was very nicely done and the banister is great. Really tasteful and, most importantly, is very sturdy and safe. Happy with the electrical work as well. Best thing about this company...they gave us quotes and stuck to them. I'm certain that the amount of work that had to go into the banister was of far more value than initially quoted. The sub-trade carpenters really took pride in what they were doing, and had to get creative given a few obstacles that arose b/c of the way the walls in the house are structured. I suspect the value of the work was thousands more than quoted, but Quality stuck to their quote and did not charge us one penny more (or ever even give me any indication of the actual cost for that matter). Good for them! Very rare I'd say. Also, neither Doug nor his guys ever encouraged doing work unless they believed it necessary. This was very helpful in keeping costs down, particularly as they related to waterproofing. I made (several) enquiries about all types of additional work with respect to waterproofing, but was always advised to "hold off" to see whether the measures taken this year would alleviate the issue. Repeatedly told to "not bother spending the extra money if its not necessary." Again, really appreciated the assistance in that regard. In fact, my neighbour made enquiries with Doug regarding waterproofing their own house, and were ready to spend the money, but when Doug took a look he told them it wasn't necessary. Overall, Doug and his team operate with honesty and integrity, and they do great work!! Hire this company for your next home improvement project. I will definitely go back when the time comes to re-do our front porch and kitchen.

Company Response:
Thanks so much Jon for the nice review - we really do try to give honest value for the dollar and the men do take great pride in their work - I'll pass your comments on to them.

Company Profile

Some of our clients have been coming back to us for 20 TO 30 YEARS , A CLAIM THAT FEW CONTRACTORS ON HOMESTARS CAN MAKE . If you are judging a company by number of reviews only, we have thousands of satisfied customers for whom we have completed projects.

Contact us at [email protected] and we can email you a list of home owner names and addresses and the types of jobs that we have done in your neighbourhood.

Quality Restorations Co. was started in 1974 to meet the renovation and restoration needs of its customers. Originally servicing the residential market only, Quality Restorations Co built up its name and reputation through a strong sense of service and commitment to excellence to the point where we now also offer the same services to commercial clients as well.

Products & Services

Products
We highly recommend installing eavestrough using the T-Rex system: T-Rex eavestrough fastening system eliminates: The risks of snow and ice damaging and bending your eavestroughs Eavestrough bending caused by ladders and tree branches Eavestrough overflow caused by buildup of leaves and residue The hassle of cleaning out eavestroughs clogged by leaves Periodic eavestrough upkeep Rotting debris in the eavestroughs The risks of using a ladder and walking on the roof Water going into your basement where the drains are located For more information see here: http://www.qualityrestorations.ca/residential/home-renovations/strongest-eavestroughs
Services
Chimney Rebuilds and Repairs, Tuck pointing and Brick Replacement, Basement Renovations, Tuckpointing, Additions, General Contracting Fireplace Repairs Brick Cleaning Flagstone for Porches and Walkways Patterned Concrete Basement Waterproofing Basement Underpinning and Remodeling Complete Interior Renovations Bathrooms and Kitchens Flat and Shingle Roofing Eavestroughs and Siding Additions Decks and Fences Caulking Painting
Specialties
Tuck pointing, , Chimney Repairs, Chimney Rebuilds, Masonry work, Brickwork, Brick Replacement,Concrete work, Patterned concrete, Parging, Flagstone, Cultured Stone, Interlocking stone, Fireplace repairs, Basement Waterproofing, Underpinning Foundations, New porches, Additions, Remodelling Kitchens and Bathrooms, Flat and Shingle roofing, Tuckpointing

Credentials & Financial Information

1974
Payment by cheque
Metro Licensed Gas Fitter and Home Renovator
Registry of Professional Contractors of Ontariohttp://www.renocontractors.com/
$1000
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
The warranty depends upon the work that is done and ranges from 1 year to 10 years

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!