Category :
Ann Thornton
Hours:
10 am. - 8:00 p.m.

Moveworks Inc

Company Profile Moveworks Inc. is a full service moving, storage, and packing company specializing in local and short-haul residential moves. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers…every time. We coined the term smart move. A smart move starts with an honest and accurate inventory, or “cube sheet, ...

You Might Also Consider

Fluent Moving & Storage

This company is great, very hard working folks. Our moving day was a rainy and windy weather but they kept a positive...

Alia Amini from Scarborough 1 Apr 04, 2014

Reviews for Moveworks Inc

May 05, 2010, Woodbridge

Let's put it this way. I needed movers. All that was packed and i know what i packed. They broke 2 vauses, and my valuable souvenir from Tibet. They broke it and then said that it was never on the truck. What Scum!!!!!

Mar 08, 2010, Smithville

FOR ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING HIRING THIS SO CALLED COMPANY --- RUN RUN FAR AND FAST! We hired these fools thinking that they are an exceptional company as they presented themselves during the estimate time. Nothing this 'owner' says is true. These men that did the move were scary, far far from trained movers, broke a big tree branch, many items and damaged our walls. They smoked on the truck, all our furniture (including our mattresses) still smell like smoke! And to have courage to ask for a tip????? MOVEWORKS ---- DOESN'T WORK! SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

Jan 27, 2010, Toronto

Moveworks Inc might have been a good company "back in the day", but by now it is only a front for low-quality movers you do not want touching your belongings. I was pleased when I found out that this was a family business: son Benjamin comes by to give you the quote; mom Ann is on the phone in the office. However on the day of the move, it was a nightmare. Three guys show up in a truck that broke down -- and spilled oil all over the driveway and laneway. They started talking about tips in the first hour of work... but then stopped to talk on their cell phones, and take a smoke break. On the far end, they broke my $2000 Organic Lifestyles mattress. After all this (broken truck, hours of delay, broken mattress, ...) when it came time to pay (in cash), the movers ask for an amount over the total specified on the quote! Damages are not covered if you hire some students off Craig's List. However a professional mover pays for insurance, and then asks for a fee per value. In this case, in addition to the $95/hour rate (you also pay this rate for the drive from Mississauga), there was a $20,000 declared value, insured at $2.50 per $100, and a $100 deductable. So one motivation for hiring professionals is to make sure you are covered, and take the gamble out of the move. I'm writing this review two months after the move, because each time I called the office they promised to call back and send an adjuster to look at the mattress. However I've given up now -- admitting to myself I've been fooled. All I can do is write this review hoping to save you from being fooled as well! Don't do it. You can get this level of service off Craig's List, or go to another company for true professionals.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Take responsibility for damage done during the move.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Remember that most moves go well -- only when damage is done, does the true quality of a moving company show through. Do they guarantee their work?

Nov 19, 2009, Mississauga

After I sold my house I asked my real estate agent if she could recommend a mover. She recommended moveworks. We hired moveworks and we are very glad we did.

Nov 05, 2009, Mississauga

Moveworks guaranteed a return of Money (both Ann and Michael) and then did not give me a refund even though I was 2 HOURS less the estimated time. The movers rushed at the end and left furniture shoved into my garage that should have been in the house. They BROKE multiple HOLES in my WALLS and and a stair railing. They didn't care. They tried to hide it. They give you "free" wardrobe boxes that are used and smelly. They used up all of MY TAPE. Broke my microwave. Do not use them. Use ANYONE else. Move yourself. Do anything. AWFUL!!!! Worst experience EVER. If Ann states that she is sending my refund do not believe her. She has said this when I was lucky enough for her to pick up the phone. That was since October. it is now Nov. 6th. When I actually get my refund, I will promise to update this review. Otherwise, assume she is not telling the truth AGAIN.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
They could give me my refund and apologize for putting me through all this stress.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Do not use Moveworks. get real references. Not the FAKE references they gave me.

Sep 21, 2009, Toronto

We moved on the first of september, we had a complicated move, it was 3 people moving from 2 places to another 2 places. One of the pick-ups was a basement apartment and both of the drop offs were walk-ups. The guys were fast, courteous and efficient. We were so impressed with how good they were and how pleasant they were on such a brutally hot day. They were dripping with sweat the whole time, it made us feel bad for them, we thought that giving them a review on here would be a way to thank them. Please hire these guys, they're very nice and very good. You will be happy with your move.

Sep 16, 2009, Mississauga

Five years ago Moveworks moved us from a townhouse in Mississauga to a house in Brampton. Two years ago they moved us back to a house in Mississauga. Last month they moved us for the third time.We have always been happy with the service and when we move again, guess what - we'll call them.

Sep 16, 2009, Mississauga

Already 4 people in my family moved with Moveworks. My uncle, my cousin, then my sister and then me. Every time we are happy with the price and the work. If someone else in my family is going to move we will call Moveworks to do the job.

Sep 14, 2009, Mississauga

When we were planning our move our biggest concern was our piano, it is a family heirloom and my children play it everyday. Most of the movers we spoke to advised us to hire a piano mover separately, because apparently most movers dont move pianos. So we called piano movers and got prices between $250-350 to move just the piano. Moveworks moved our furniture and piano with no stress and we saved the price of a piano mover. Well done MoveWorks!

Sep 13, 2009, Mississauga

I want to say that Moveworks did a real good job moving me and my family. I never hired a mover before but if I decide to move again sometime I will call Moveworks for sure.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!