Category :

Company Profile Category: Moving and Storage

You Might Also Consider

GTA Moving Guys

post_image1.png

GTA Moving Guys were very accommodating and professional. They picked up a table from my parents house, then came to the...

Khalid & Denise from Oakville 2 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for Logan Moving And Storage Company

Jun 01, 2013, Mississauga

We booked LMS to move for us as they quoted me 180$ for 3 hours, when the bill came out it was $367!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a piece of junk company, have filed complaint w BBB. Please dont make teh same mistake we made.

Aug 13, 2012, TORONTO

Needed Logan movers only for their movers at our Toronto location but the person answering the phones convinced us that it would be cheaper if we rented their truck and have their movers do pick up and drop off. Agreed and it was a big mistake. The two guys showed up 2 hours early to the move out location and then said we had to pay them $500 in cash (which we were never told). Refused but in the end had to get them $200 for gas money. Sloppy and ripped furniture on the way out. We told the company we would meet them at noon at the Toronto location and they said it was fine. Driver's wanted us there for 9am forcing us to drive from Ottawa to Toronto in the middle of the night all so they could show up at 12:30. They spent most of their time just taking stuff off the truck and making us bring it in and then charged us $60 plus tax extra for stairs. Took off immediately after the last object so nothing could be confirmed. My wallet and watch went missing between when I paid them and when they left. Interesting coincidence.

Jul 06, 2012, HAMILTON

HORROR MOVE said $180 for 2 hours or under I was only moving next door and it took them 50 minutes they wanted $380 I said no way and they came down to $280 I said No so the man that came to move me said he would do it for $250 since I had no choice I said yes BIG MISTAKE Every piece had scratch or dent Even the new floor was gauged with my couch Never use these guys called to complain they hookup on me

Aug 21, 2011, ETOBICOKE

Lured us with a quote of 40$ per hour with 2 men and truck.Overcharging begins the instant they land at the door. They realize that you have already planned for your move (you booked the elevators , made other arrangements) and cannot cancel it. First its the advance of $200 (never mentioned when we booked it), then the travel charges and then charges if some thing is greater than 100lbs. And then they keep saying every little thing is more than 100lbs. After loading everything in the truck, they showed us all these charges and they would'nt move if we did not pay up. The nightmare began after we called up the owner to talk about these additional charges. The guy speaks in words that are too obscene to write here.He would'nt come down from the f-words and threatened that he would ask his workers to dump everything on the road if we did not want to pay.These guys are'nt registered with BBB so threatening to complain also has no effect. It was a miserable and a very hurtful experience for us.I wonder if there are routes to take any legal action against this company. Stay away, find some one that is registered with the BBB and can give you an upfront quote and stick to it. Lesson learnt , the hard way !

Jul 25, 2011, Brampton

well this happen in 2007 and I will never forget them. One they were late they were swearing left right and center. They were rude to me and my husband and One guy yelled at me because I wrap my mattress up and he had a hard time moving it. He told me to never do that again! I didn't know what to say. we only wanted to be over with. when they got to the new address they ask for cash and that they would unload once we paid. I said you boss has are credit card and he didn't say anything about that. My husband had to go to the bank and they sat there until he came back. once we paid them. at the end they ask for a tip! saying their boss doesn't pay them well. one said the boss hold their pay back two weeks so they wont leave. DON'T ever use them.. I am looking right now for movers and I came across this and I just had to add my story. see I never forgot and this was almost 4 years ago.

May 02, 2011, Toronto

I hired Logan Moving and Storage Company (or SMS Moving and Storage as they also go by) to move my One bedroom apartment at from north york to downtown Toronto Ontario. They arrived at my apartment at 9pm on Saturday April 30th 2011 3 hours late, during which time i tried calling the company to find out if they were still coming only to get hung up on multiple times. When they finally arrived they were rude and unprofessional dragging my furniture on the ground and dropping boxes and bags. As soon as we arrived to the new location they demanded that i pay them now or they would not unload the truck and leave, when i asked for a copy of the contract or a receipt they said they were unable to provide me with one. They started unloading my belongings at the front of the building but was later asked to move to the back by a Security Guard. They quickly moved to the back and started unloading more of my belongings, leaving some of my furniture in the Front unattended. I asked them to please move the furniture in the front first while I watched the truck and furniture in the back, they agreed and I waited for them in the back. When they came back they proceeded to unload the rest of the truck in the back alley way of my new building. They told me everything was out of the truck and then they jumped in their truck and drove off, leaving me abandoned in the back of an alley way in Toronto with all of my furniture at 12am. I am a 22 year old female and there is no way i could move any of my furniture by myself (hence why i hired the movers in the first place) I quickly went upstairs to call for help only to realize that some of my belongings were still sitting in the front of the building unattended for the past hour. With the majority of my furniture being outside i chose to stay there waiting for my family to come from out of town to help. After sorting and unpacking I realized I am missing a Black Rocking chair and I am not sure if they still have it or if it was taken by someone else while they left my stuff unattended. Ive been calling them for the past 2 days with zero response from anyone. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE! THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!

Jul 01, 2010, North York

when I called them to arrange the move of my 1bdr appartment every thing looked fine they said 2 men with a truck for $40. when they arrived to do the move they charged $45 at 4 hrs minimum, $80 for what they called heavy item, $45 travel time. they were very rude and they force you to sign contract before you read. actually all thier services was very bad and they charge 2 or 3 times than usual and you have to pay before they provide the service they damaged my mirror and they took it with them and they said they will give a refund but nothing happend. thier reciept and contracts are not legal and they will not give you any thing legal. they will not answer the phone to complain and they will cut the phone line each time to call to ask about the issue. Actually I filed a complaint to the BBB. strongly I recommend to avoid these devils

May 25, 2010, Richmond Hill

Check out http://www.scamfound.com/f2/scammers-city-hawks-movers-pardesi-movers-416-887-6688-905-812-5656-a-78464.html Initial telephone quote stated no extra fees besides 1 hr travel time on top of $40/hr. The day of the move they arrived 1.5 hrs late, upfront payment of $400 (9hrs + 1 hr travel time), extra fees charged at successive drop off locations -heavy items, wrapping/packing fee, fuel surcharge, malfunctioning truck caused them to get a parking ticket. Will report to BBB.

May 11, 2010, Scarborough

Wow!!! We were screwed by this same company back in November for our move. I was cleaning up some files and came across their bill, so I curiously decided to see if any others had the same problems like we had. Not surprisingly...yes. The funny thing with this company is not by all the different names that it goes by, but how consistent they are with their customer service. They will push you to sign before they start. They will not explain to you anything of what you are signing, and, if you made any deal with "Logan" over the phone...you might as well just forget it. As he will not honour anything he stated to you when everything is packed in his truck. In fact, he will probably swear and raise his voice at you, like he did to my wife. Too bad he can't stand behind his company policy in person...it's always over the phone where you are helpless. You will pay more than double for your move. You will more than likely have some stuff damaged as well...we certainly did. I can keep going on and on, but I honestly can tell you to please read the other postings. They are so consistent. This is their approach. Nice and friendly at first, but it all turns around when you are most helpless. THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE! Trust not to call them or their many aliases. Don't become another victim as myself! I can't believe they're still in business...

May 06, 2010, Toronto

LEAVING AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP, I HAD A FEW HRS TO PACK AND RUN. LMS WAS VERY 'NICE' AND HELPFUL AND COULD MOVE AND STORE ALL OF MY STUFF ASAP. THE PROMISED 2 HRS TURNED TO 8HRS AS I CARRIED 80% OF MY STUFF INTO THE LOBBY ALONE (FEARING MY BOYFRIENDS RETURN). THEY SHOWED UP AND WERE VERY NICE AND WITHOUT A CAR TO FOLLOW THEM TO A STORAGE FACILITY, THEY TOOK 1 MONTH RENT AND ASSURED ME ALL WOULD BE SAFE AND SECURE. THEY ALSO SAID NOT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT RENT UNTIL I WAS READY TO HAVE MY STUFF RETURNED. IN FEB (A MONTH LATER) I HAD A FRIEND DRIVE ME TO THE ADDRESS THEY PROVIDED AND WAS MORTIFIED TO LEARN THAT THEY MOVED OUT MONTHS BEFORE...I TRACKED DOWN 6 ADDRESSES (THEY LEFT A TRAIL OF UNPAID RENT). WHEN I FINALLY REACHED SOMEONE BY PHONE, HE WAS VERY REASSURING AND WHEN I ASKED FOR THE ADDRESS TO MAIL PAYMENT FOR CCONTINUED STORAGE HE SAID NOT TO MAIL IT AND NOT TO WORRY 'MY STUFF IS SAFE-THEY AREN'T GOING TO GIVE IT AWAY'. I WAS TOLD AGAIN TO PAY WHEN I HAD MY STUFF MOVED. GREAT I THOUGHT. LAST WEEK I CALLED WITH THE NEW ADDRESS ONLY TO BE TOLD NOW 3 MONTHS LATER MY $400 FEE WAS $1000, I STARTED TO CRY (I WAS IN A SHELTER AND AM ON DISABILITY DUE TO PARKINSON'S) AS I DIDNT HAVE THAT. I WAS TOLD TO SHUT UP AND TO STOP THAT SH*T OR HE WAS GOING TO HANG UP, WHICH HE DID. I HAD A SUPPORT WORKER CALL FOR ME AND SHE WAS TOLD THEY THREW OUT ALL MY CLOTHES AND BOXES AS I HAD NOT PAID AND THEY HADNT HEARD FROM ME (I HAVE A TEXT ON MY CELL DATED MARCH 2010 FROM THEM AS PROOF HE WAS not being honest) I WENT TO THE POLICE DIV. 51 WHERE THE OFFICER DID CALL AND FAILED TO GET THE OWNERS NAME OR ADDRESS AND ONLY CONFIRMED THEY WERE GOING TO DELIVER MY STUFF MAY 4TH. HE SAID ITS A CIVIL MATTER AND TO SUE IF I AM MISSING ANYTHING....AH THANKS (AN ADDRESS WOULD HAVE HELPED). TUESDAY COMES AND NOTHING...ZIPPO....ZIPPY...ZILCH. A CALL MADE TO THEM CONFIRMED THEY WERE NOT COMING AND THEY DONT HAVE ANY OF MY STUFF. THEY SOLD IT FOR NON-PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW A FREE CONSULT WITH A LAWYER ONLY TOLD ME THEY CANT TAKE-TOUCH-remove BLAH BLAH BLAH ANY OF MY BELONGINGS; BUT THEY CAN HOLD IT TIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. BUT I CANT AFFORD A LAWYER...LEGAL AID WONT HELP...POLICE WILL NOT HELP....SO KUMAR AND NANCY [last name removed--Ed] AND THEIR STAFF WIN AGAIN. THIS IS WHY THEY ARE ARROGANT AND BOLD BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS GET AWAY WITH IT. DO YOU KNOW A PRIVATE I....A LAWYER...TO ASSIST ME? MAYBE IMMIGRATION TOO? I WANT TO NAIL THEIR A**ES SO THEY REGRET THE DAY THEY MET ME! DO THEY THINK I AM A WEAK-LOW CLASS- UNEDUCATED FEMALE BECAUSE I HAD TO RUN TO A SHELTER???????????????? EMAIL ME [email protected] (SUBJECT TITLE: LOGAN) THEY ARE LMS,LOGAN,OMEGA,SMS,SHANE'S MOVING,L&G,AAA MOVERS,COMPLETE 905-672-0952,416-871-4456,647-864-2347,416-994-4694... I AM TYPING THIS ON A LAPTOP I HAD TO REPURCHASE AS THEY took MINE, WHILE I SIT ON THE HARD FLOOR OF MY EMPTY APT. PS. MY FURNITURE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD WHEN I MOVED...AND THEY TOOK MY JEWELLRY BOX THAT HAD A 22KT GOLD BANGLE MOM GAVE TO ME ON MY 30TH BDAY (HER MOM GAVE IT TO HER ON HER 16TH BDAY) AND MY ESQ WATCH, AND PARENT'S WEDDING RINGS.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!