Categories :
Owner/Manager:
Joel Haastrecht

Hometurf Lawn Care Service

Company Profile

At Hometurf Lawn Care we have been treating the lawns of our loyal customers for over 25 years. As a family owned and operated business, we have grown by delivering lush, healthy lawns while using only the highest quality products applied by professional lawn care technicians. Let us help you make your lawn look its best this season!

more...
Servicing:

Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, Toronto, Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, New Market, Aurora, Barrie, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Hamilton, Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo,Milton, Georgetown

Reviews for Hometurf Lawn Care Service

Show:

Apr 13, 2012, East York

I have been very pleased with the services that I have received from Hometurf over the last two years. My lawn really has really improved since your company started working on it. I appreciate the advance phone calls letting me know when I can expect your team to arrive and the professional-looking follow-up literature with helpful hints that you leave in my doorway. Thank you.

Company Response:
Thank you for the review B! We are glad that you have enjoyed our services and it is very nice to hear that you are reading our newsletters!

Apr 10, 2012, GEORGETOWN

When I first moved in two years ago my lawn was the worst looking on the street. The previous owners did not do any thing to control weeds or encourage grass growth. I called up Hometurf and ordered there Complete Program. Within our first summer with them our lawn became full of grass and not weeds. Now our lawn is the greenest and fullest lawn on the street. Even after this on and off winter my lawn already looks deep green and full. I am very pleased with the level of expertise that is displayed by the Hometurf staff, I never have any burn spots or damaged flowers and my applications are applied when they said they would be. I also appreciate that they do not send someone to my door, during dinner, trying to push there service like some other companies. Also they do not bombard my mailbox with flyers and other promo stuff. They provide me with a report card that lets me know if I am watering enough or not enough, and other tips for maintaining a healthy lawn in between their visits. All of which is placed in a bio-degradable bag on my front step when I get home. I have recommended Hometurf to all my neighbours and anybody else that wants an honest lawn care company to provide you with great service and great results.

Company Response:
Thanks Matthew! We love hearing from our customers. If you have any questions throughout the year do not hesitate to call!
This review has been flagged for verification.
Karen in Mississauga Mar 27, 2012
Why am I seeing this?
This review has been flagged for verification.
Rachel in Georgetown Mar 22, 2012
Why am I seeing this?

Mar 21, 2012, Oakville

We had a hard time getting these guys to come early enough last year for the application to be effective so we requested a full refund in early June. They refused our request for a refund of any sort. I mentioned escalating matters to the Better Business Bureau but that did noot faze them, rather they came in the next week for one visit to perform: aeration; overseeding; organic weed control; spring fertilizer; patio control (all on June 20). I tried reasonign with them but got th sense they were good at this kind of thing so decided not to pursue. They came by one more time, on August 2 for Summer fertilizer; organic weed control and IPM surface insect control. They never did come by for the final application, it was supposd to be Fall Fertilizer and organic weed control. Fast forward to 2012... I came home from work today and, to my surprise, saw an invoice for my 2012 program. They decided to apply my 'early spring fertilizer' on March 21. I just sent them a note from their website confirming that we had cancelled the program last year and have no intention of paying this year. This time they do not have my money so we will see how it goes. LESSON LEARNED - their prices are great but... you get what you pay for. Good luck to all. Alan ****In Response To Company's Response*** It was nice to see the company respond so quickly to my message, however their records are mistaken. I still have the original receipts showing dates of the two services. The only time they called in advance of application was in the spring of 2011 to advise they were coming next day for aeration, at which time we marked the sprinklers as required. The markers remained on our lawn for over a month while I called them requesting they come to perform the aeration/overseeding and early spring fertilizer. Their customer service person advised me they could not come for the aeration as they have a very large area and their machines were elsewhere in the GTA. One week after I removed the markers (it is time consuming to mow the lawn around the markers) they came by, unannounced, to do aeration. I did not call their supervisor back after the June 20 application because I had already wasted many hours on the phone with others at Hometurf and all I wanted was a full refund PRIOR to any service being performed. I knew it was a lost cause once they performed that first service on June 20th so just cut my losses. All I can say is Buyer Beware!! Alan note: they did not call prior to their first service this year. They do not have my money for 2012 Season nor will they get anything out of me this time around!!

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Integrity and honesty would go a long way.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
They have great prices but... you get what you pay for.
Company Response:
Hi Mr. Thomson, I reviewed your account and have noticed some discrepancies. Here is the information that we have on file, we were out to the home May 27th to do the aeration and seeding treatment however the sprinkler heads were not marked so we left a note stating that we would return once they were marked. We did, like we always do, give you a call the day before so that the heads could be marked for us. The aeration and seeding treatment was then completed on June 16th NOT June 20th. The Late Spring Fertilizer/Weed Control was completed on June 20th. The summer application was completed on August 2nd then you received the Fall fertilizer and weed control September 16th and the Late Fall Fertilizer October 19th. All the services that you paid for were completed and furthermore a supervisor called and left a message with you on June 16th to resolve any issues that you were having but the message was never returned. We never heard anything from you past June, I would think that if you were not receiving your applications in the fall you would have called to let us know so that we could get them done for you. I am sorry that you were not happy with our service and wish you the best of luck.

Mar 13, 2012, MISSISSAUGA

I have been using Hometurf Lawn Care for many years and I have always found their service to be reliable & honest. The quality of lawn care has always been top notch & the pricing very competitive. I would highly recommend Hometurf to anyone who needs a lawn care service.

Company Response:
Hi Gord,thank you for your review. If you need anything throughout the year please give us a call at the office, we are always happy to help.

Mar 13, 2012, Milton

I started with Hometurf last year and have been very impressed with the service I've received, as well as the results for my lawn! Despite last summer's dry weather and minimal rainfall, my lawn stayed thick and green with very little watering required. I'm very particular when it comes to looking after my lawn and I can tell that Hometurf and its employees are just as passionate. The over-seeding applications have virtually eliminated any weeds I previously had by crowding them out with fresh, new blades of grass. Several of my neighbours have commented on how nice my lawn looks and I have recommended Hometurf to all of them, without hesitation. I'm looking forward to the start of another season with Hometurf!

Company Response:
Hi Tim, thanks for your review, I love the pictures, if you need us throughout the season please give us a call. Take care.

Mar 03, 2012, Mississauga

I ordered a package with this company last year. I was happy with the service overall. The price was fair and they did everything they said they would. I looked around a bit this year like I always do but was not happy with some of the other responses I got, I will be using them again this year.

Company Response:
Hi Stephen, Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our customers. We are glad that you are using the service again this year and hope that you will be one of our long term customers. If you ever have any questions about the service do not hesitate to call our office.

Feb 22, 2012, NORTH YORK

We have used them for three summers and have just renewed for a fourth. We get the full service package with everything except cutting which I still do myself. The gentleman is very polite and does a nice job killing the weeds and fertilizing the grass. Thank you. Angelo

Company Response:
Hi Angelo, Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have enjoyed the service over the last few years.

Feb 08, 2012, Orangeville

me and my husband ordered with hometurf last year for the first tijme. We were very happy with there services. The grass was much greener and had far less weeds at the end of the season. I would recommend

Company Response:
Hi Shari, Thank you for your review, if you ever have any questions do not hesitate to contact our office.

Company Profile

Our season long lawn care programs take the guess work out of which products to use and when. Applications are scheduled to be applied four to six weeks apart throughout the season for optimal turf care. We strive to ensure everything your lawn needs is included in our programs. No telemarketing or sales calls pushing unnecessary extras.

Our services include: Lawn Care Programs, Lawn Maintenance Programs, Fertilizer, Weed Control, Insect Control, Aeration, Grass seeding, De-thatching, Top Dressing, Chinch bug control, Grub control.

Products & Services

Products
Lawn Care Programs, Fertilizer, Weed Control, Insect Control, Aeration, Grass Seeding, De-thatching,Top Dressing
Services
Specialties
Superior quality and unbeatable value guaranteed!

Credentials & Financial Information

1988
Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Online Banking
Ministry of Ontario Landscape Exterminator, Ministry of Ontario Pesticide Operator License
Landscape Ontario, Professional Lawn Care Association of Ontario, CNLA, OIPMA, PLANET, PLCAA
No project too small
PROJECT RATE
Varies based on property size.
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!