Category :

Hamco Heating & Cooling

You Might Also Consider

JCJ Mechanical Heating and Air Conditioning

logo.gif

Furnace needed to be replaced. Called and talked to John, who was fabolous. He talked me through what options were...

Harley from Toronto 2 Apr 23, 2014

Reviews for Hamco Heating & Cooling

Show:

Feb 25, 2014, Hamilton

Responsive, knowledgeable sales and professional installation and installation. Done faster than estimated with great respect for the house and clear communication with respect to the process.Good service plan and warranty. I will use this company for further projects.

Helpful? Yes No
This review has been flagged for verification.
Dave from Burlington Jan 16, 2014
Why am I seeing this?

May 04, 2013, Hamilton

Dealing with Hamco has been one of the most positive experiences we've ever had as homeowners in our adopted country of Canada. I am a very busy person and don't have time to worry that if it looks like I'm saving 20 cents by going with one company over another, will I be buying a bad product, and so is my wife - with Hamco, we knew we could trust them, their pricing and quality from the moment we met their one of their professional sales people, Andrew. He gave us an honest quote, and even told us to call around and get other prices if we needed to compare - no pressure! We also wanted to deal with a large company, not one that works out of their garage. Hamco seemed to have a lot of history too - 65 years - not one of those operations that that might not be around in 6 months in case you need repairs. They came and did the work last week, and it went very smooth. Their service people were clean, polite and hardworking, and did not leave a mess - the basement was cleaner after they left than when they first arrived! Best of all, the equipment is working great! I could not recommend Hamco enough to anyone needing professional, quality, reasonably-priced services for their cooling needs. Thank you Andrew! Thank you Hamco!

Feb 06, 2013, HAMILTON

Very professional company. Sales person came to my house was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. No pressure. Arrived to install when they said they would. Took the time to go over details of the workings of the furnace. When I called about a problem they called back immediately.

Aug 01, 2012, Glanbrook

The gas department gave us a violation for a hole in a chimney pipe. Hamco charged $96 to come and see it. When they got back to us four days later, they told us that we needed a new gas fireplace. I called the gas department, and was told I did not need a new gas fireplace, after all. I feel like Hamco was attempting to sell us products and services we didn't need. As injury to insult, the lady who answers the phone would not put me through to a manager. Overall, a very unpleasant experience, and I'll be going elsewhere with my business in the future.

Company Response:
EXTERIOR B-VENT TYPE CHIMNEY NOT ALLOWED TO BE REPAIRED AS PER ONTARIO GAS UTILIZATION CODE. THIS TYPE OF CHIMNEY REQUIRES ANNUAL INSPECTION FOR THE SAFETY OF THE OCCUPANTS OF THE DWELLING. ONCE THE EXTERNAL CHIMNEY FALLS INTO A STATE OF DISREPAIR, AS THIS CHIMNEY HAS, IT IS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BE REPAIRED AS PER CODE AND MUST BE CONDEMNED. UNLESS THE EXISTING APPLIANCE USING THE EXTERNAL CHIMNEY IS APPROVED FOR ALTERNATIVE VENTING OPTIONS, THERE MAY BE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE BUT TO REPLACE THE APPLIANCE AS WELL. OUR CHARGES WERE AGREED TO PRIOR TO SENDING OUT A SERVICE TECHNICIAN AND ARE FOR THE TECHNICIAN'S PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, SERVICE RESPONSE, AND TIME.

Jun 21, 2012, Stoney Creek

This model is a lemon. Continuous problems. Latest not cooling. No leak found but added coolant. Serviced June 18th. Stopped working June 20th. The hottest days here and no one even calls back. Horrible service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 01, 2012, Burlington

The Ventor Motor Assembly is available on line for $210. I felt that HAMCO gouged us. Use them for a diagnosis but if they quote you a high price, go else where for another quote. I called another dealer & was told it would cost $500 to replace - tax in.

Feb 13, 2012, Hamilton

We had just been in our house for a month when the 20yr old furnace broke. The seviceman and Andrew the sales man from Hamco were awesome. The installers did a fabulous job..they left our basement very clean. We love our new YORK furnace We always recommend HAMCO to everyone!

Jan 30, 2012, Hamilton

We have had a horrible experience with this company. Similar to what was mentioned in other reviews, we have been consistently overcharged for unnecessary service calls where, at best, they guessed at what the problem was and replaced it to get in and out as fast as possible. The office staff is horrible to deal with.

Oct 01, 2011, Hamilton

Hamco is very professional and efficient. I think they charge more than others, but I know that I will get a good job done with honesty and integrity. Even in their quote, they will look at the best way to do the job before they tackle the project. They did this and saved me alot more than I was anticipating.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!