Category :
GreenSaver Performance Insulation - Spray Foam, Cellulose, Pour Foam
Hours:
Mon-Fri 9-5

GreenSaver

Company Profile When it comes to ensuring the utmost in home comfort, GreenSaver Performance Insulation services are second to none. With a 25 year heritage in residential energy efficiency GreenSaver has helped more than 50, 000 Ontario homeowners reduce their energy bills and enjoy a more comfortable home.

You Might Also Consider

Canadian Foam Insulation

canadian foam logo.png

Our home was losing heat through the garage, that is the room above the garage was much colder than the rest of the house....

Russell Elliott in North york 1 May 28, 2012

Reviews for GreenSaver

Show:

Jun 13, 2012, Toronto

My walls were by no means easy to access, however, the crew was excellent! So kind, courteous, prompt, reliable, considerate and tidy. I experienced none of the stress I normally do with contractors - wondering if they are doing a thorough job, if they will come on time etc. I am so grateful and looking forward to winter warmth!

Jun 12, 2012, Etobicoke

It was a pleasure to observe the team working so effectively. All questions were answered very knowledgeably. Refreshments were offered, but politely declined. The cleaning up when the work was completed was meticulous I wish both the Supervisor and his assistants success in all their construction endeavours

May 23, 2012, Etobicoke

Green Saver did an energy audit of my home. They also did attic insulation and draft proofing in my home. They were absolute gems in handling the energy audit, and the work completed in my home. They arrived on time, were extremely competent, professional, cheerful, polite, and they never stopped working from the time they arrived, till the time they left. They meticulously cleaned up, after the work was completed in my home. GreenSaver understands the motto, "Do it right the first time". I haven't needed to use my air conditioner so far this year. The temperatures have gotten quite hot outside, yet my home has remained cool. I am actually going to save some money this year, on my energy bills, thanks to the yeoman service I received from GreenSaver.

Mar 28, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

I was very pleased with their manner and promptness. They worked hard, and left very little trace afterward. Initially, there was some confusion over the amount placed on my credit card (due to a change on the invoice) but this matter was taken seriously and was immediately sorted out; and in general, before and after the job, I found the customer service to be very good. The pricing seemed reasonable, and I like the eco-friendly side of the insulation!

Mar 27, 2012, Scarborough

I selected GreenSaver to install Attic insulation and for Draftprofing. The team arrived on time and completed all of the work within the original time estimate. They were very professional and knowledgable and were able to answer all of my questions. I was very pleased with the work that they did. I would recommend this company.

Mar 18, 2012, Toronto

We recently added insulation to our attic, and during that process discovered that even though we thought we had missed out on any energy rebates from our first home inspection 4 years earlier, we actually still qualified. Mark Connor gave us a referral to Steve Pugh at GreenSaver to come out and complete the 2nd energy audit, thereby making us eliglbe for some rebates for work we have had done during the last 8 months. Steve was great on the phone, e-mailed me promptly, and we set up a date for the 2nd inspection. He came out one Saturday morning and met with my spouse. Completed the energy audit in great time and has taken care of all the paperwork for the rebates. He was a class act, and I would highly recommend him/Greensaver to anyone needing this type of work done.

Dec 06, 2011, Scarborough

This is the second time they had them in our house. We had Greensaver this time to do the Post Evaluation Home Energy Assessment. Gary was very accomodating in answering the questions I have on how to save on our energy cost. I also like that they are non profit company and yet I do not have to do any paperwork. They did everything from start to finish. This is the only winter we can turn on the heater in December. Great job Greensaver!

Nov 07, 2011, Scarborough

It took a while to get the service call for our energy audit sorted out - there was a mix-up with the date, so we had to re-book. However, the staff taking calls at the GreenSaver office were very friendly and helpful in re-booking on a tight timeline. We were happy to get a comprehensive overview of what energy savings measures we can take, and liked that they followed up after with the option to get an estimate on insulation (with no sales pressure whatsoever).

Oct 21, 2011, Scarborough

Greensaver is great from start to finish. Scheduling is very flexible and the crew is great. They covered all the furnitures, windows, counters and even doors. I am very meticulous about cleanliness but they really left our house spotless. The did the insulation really well and everyday, their supervisor will check the quality which is great. The patching of the holes is my favorite as they did it so well that I was tempted to do the re-painting ourselves. David, our main person as well as his crew is very well mannered, respectful to us and our property (even to my 4 month old baby). They actually wanted to return the furnitures in their original position EACH day so we can still use them during the night. They always think of our comfort during the duration of the 3 day insulation. They are also very hardworking people - people who takes pride in their work and in the company they work for. We are very satisfied with our experience with Greensaver. We will use them again and have already recommended them to friends and neighbors.

Oct 16, 2011, Toronto

Chose Greensaver over others because it is a non-profit company in existence, it seemed, more for reasons of environmental concern over making money. I should have gone with a profit-driven business because I realize now they have more to lose with an unsatisfied customer. They came in August 2011 to insulate my exterior brick walls and my attic. The arrangements were that they would arrive by 9am and that after I let them in I could go to work and they could work unsupervised. On the first day of what was supposed to be a three day job, I waited and waited for them as 9am came and went. Nobody called me, so I called Greensaver. They said they'd look into it and get back to me, because the manager was in a meeting and couldn't be disturbed. Nobody called back for at least half an hour, so I called again, and was told that they were unable to contact the driver, although they did admit the driver had a cellphone, but apparently wasn't answering it. And the manager was still in a meeting so they still wouldn't let me speak to him. Fifteen more minutes later they called and said they had been able to speak to the driver and he would be there "soon". When the two men finally showed up, around 10:15 or so, they offered no apology or explanation. I had to press them to explain why they were so late, and I was told first "traffic was bad", then as I pushed further, they said they had to stop at Home Depot. I do not feel they were truthful with me. In addition, one of the two men had obviously been drinking and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I was extremely uncomfortable leaving these two in charge of my home, but I had to get to work and I really had no choice, so I left them. When I got to work, I called Greensaver and told them all of the above, and said I was not comfortable having them in my home alone. The manager I spoke to agreed that he would take a visit over to my home to see how it was going. He called me at lunchtime to say that after visiting with them, he was fully confident that they were fine and doing a good job. When I got home that first day, they were already gone. I walked into my house and I found a mess like you would not believe. Plaster dust, from drilling the holes in the wall into which to insert the insulation, was covering EVERyTHING in my home. My computers, my electronics, my kitchen counters and appliances, everything. It was unbelievable. They didn't even bother to close bedroom doors and so there was dust all over my kids' toys, beds, everything. What a nightmare! When I made the appointment, and when I had the estimator in my home, at no time did anyone ever tell me it was my responsibility to cover everything I wanted to protect from plaster dust. If they had said so, I most certainly would have done it and so much woe for me could have been prevented, so simply. On the last day, when I got home from work there was a new guy there filling the holes. He had some customer service skills and so that's probably why they sent him to present me with the bill and collect payment. There was some work they were unable to do because of existing insulation, so he adjusted the involce. After I paid them and they left, I reviewed the invoice again and I saw their math was incorrect and they actually overcharged me. SO I had to call them again and get them to refund me for some $500. Altogether a horrible nightmare of an experience, and I wouldn't recommend these guys to my worst enemy.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!