Category :
Hours:
Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm, EST; Saturday: 9am - 5pm, EST

Dyson Canada Ltd.

Company Profile

Dyson is about solving the everyday problems that others ignore: vacuum cleaners that clog and lose suction, hand dryers that are energy hungry and don't work, and fans that chop the air.

James Dyson founded the company from a coach house in Bath, UK. Today, Dyson machines are sold in over 60 countries and include vacuum cleaners, Airblade hand dryers and Air Multiplier fans.

more...
Servicing:

Brampton, Concord, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge

Reviews for Dyson Canada Ltd.

Show:

Feb 26, 2014, Delta

The worst vacumn I have ever owned. It is supposed to pick up dog hair but basically pushes stuff around. Will not fit under furniture the hand held hose part is awkward to get out and has lousy suction with attachments. The hose is too short to reach walls the cord is always getting tangled. Only had since christmas frustrated every time I try to use it. I think I will go back to sears reliable. I don't know what the big hype over dyson is but I will not recommend this brand to anyone. Very disappointed. The store would not take it back because it has been opened. Thanks.

Company Response:
Hello, Thank you for providing feedback for the DC51. This vacuum has been designed to be compact and is best used for small homes and condos. The quick release wand and hose are designed for cleaning awkward areas where the cleaner head will not reach. When the power cord length is combined with the total wand and hose length, the machine will have a maximum reach of 28.5 feet. We do have an extension hose that is compatible with this machine and would greatly appreciate you contacting us directly so we can be of further assistance. Please send your full contact details to [email protected] or reach our experts directly at our Dyson Canada Helpline at 1-877-397-6622. We are available Monday to Friday from 8 AM until 7 PM (EST) and Saturday from 9 AM until 5 PM (EST). We are committed to ensuring you are fully satisfied with your Dyson product. Thank you once again for offering us your feedback as we are always looking for ways to make our products as user friendly as possible for valued consumers like yourself.

Feb 24, 2014, W Vancouver

Bought this cordless handheld vacuum to pick up the dust bunnies. It works well for the most part, but I find the On button is uncomfortable to hold for the duration of cleaning session. It feels like it has to be squeezed really hard to keep in on. It is also sometimes difficult to empty the reservoir requiring reaching into a tight space to pull out clumps of debris.

Company Response:
Thank you for providing feedback on the DC35 DIGITAL SLIM. After listening to feedback, Dyson engineers realized that the trigger should be lighter and easier to use over a long period of time. The trigger has been re-engineered for our latest cordless product, the DC62. By ensuring that the run-time enhancing trigger fits flush to the handle of the machine, the load is shared across the whole hand, putting less pressure on the wrist and fingers. The DC62 also has 2 Tier Radial cyclone technology that generates powerful centrifugal forces that fling larger debris and hair from the airflow into the bin, and allow the inner cyclones to capture fine dust. The hygienic bin is now accessible from either side of the machine and can be emptied with one touch, so you just push down the red catch once to release the dirt. Thank you again for providing valuable feedback that allows us to continually improve our products. If we can be of any further assistance please email [email protected] and we will be in touch.

Dec 29, 2013, Porters Lake

We were firm believers in Dyson and bought a 2nd one, the 59 recently - A MISTAKE. We put it away and are using a much cheaper, better machine now.

Company Response:
Hello Daniel, We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your machine. We are uncertain what model you have as the DC59 is not sold in Canada and would value the opportunity to discuss your concerns with your machine's performance further. Please email [email protected] and our experts will be in touch. Kind Regards, Dyson Canada Customer Service

Dec 11, 2013, Calgary

Bought this vacuum just over a year ago and have had nothing but trouble with it since it came out of the box. Power head works only when it wants to, always seems to be getting plugged up, have a stress crack in the handle where it joins the wand. I have never heard the term "WIMP" applied to a vacuum until now. Will never recommend a Dyson to anyone. Extremely overrated for the price as my $100.00 Wal-Mart Dirt Devil was every bit as good as this Dyson is.

Company Response:
Hello Grant, We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your machine. If you are having difficulty with your machine‚Äôs performance, we would appreciate you contacting us and we will gladly provide a resolution. Please email [email protected] and our experts will be in touch. You can also call our Dyson Canada Helpline at 1-877-397-6622 and one of our friendly Dyson Canada employees can assist you. We are available Monday to Friday from 8 AM until 7 PM (EST) and Saturday from 9 AM until 5 PM (EST). Kind Regards, Dyson Canada Customer Service

Nov 06, 2013, Old Toronto

I couldn't wait to use a vacuum that was so expensive and that I thought it actually work well. First, the carpet cleaning attachment wouldn't work. Then, realized that it was really more of a child's toy vacuum, in that it had to be emptied every time you used it-not a great feature! mailed the defective part to Dyson Canada WHO RETURNED IT TO ME BUT IT WAS LOST IN THE MAIL AND THEY COULDN'T TRACK IT AND DID NOT OFFER TO REPLACE IT. Terrible vaccuum. terrible, rude service

Company Response:
Hi Laura, We are sorry to hear about your experience and with the service you have received. We would like to locate your account and investigate what has happened. Please email [email protected] and we will be in touch. Kind Regards, Dyson Canada Customer Service

Oct 19, 2013, Medicine Hat

I love the vacuum, however I do not feel the power head should breakdown within the first year. Also we purchased it at sears but they have no Dyson authorized service in my area. How is ok for the customer to do the repairs over the phone with a tech? I feel Dyson needs to rethink their "service" policy. I can not recommend Dyson to anyone because the it broke down and they have no authorized service centres. It's weird.

Company Response:
Hello Holly, We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with our service and we are always aiming to improve upon our warranty procedures for the benefit of our valued customers. We would highly value the opportunity to discuss this further. Please email [email protected] and we will be in touch. Sincerely, Dyson Canada Customer Service

Oct 17, 2013, Toronto

I broke my vac hose SUNDAY AFTERNOON, called Dyson not expecting a person on Sunday.. THEY HAD PEOPLE ON SUNDAY !! I told them of my damaged hose, and asked "where do I bring my vacuum for service ?".. They said nothing to bring in, Dyson will cover the warranty with a brand new replacement hose COURIERED TO ME !! Besides the great product, paying more for a Dyson is worth the service and no ring-a-ma-roll to claim a Warranty.. Because of this, I bought a DC31 handheld vac as well.. My dream is to own AT ANY TIME, all 3 classes of Dyson product: large vac, hand vac, and heater fan !! They call Dyson "The iPhone/Mac of vacuums", I can see why with great design, and superb service.. I am as passionate about my Dysons as people are about their iPhones or Vitamix blenders !!

Aug 22, 2013, Scarborough

I love the vacs and it is definitely better quality than most vacuums on the market. I had a bissell and it is also a great vac, but we just use it for the basement since cleaning it out is abit messy and we don't use the basement enough to vacuum often there.

Jul 31, 2013, Winnipeg

Dyson's customer service is everything mentioned in other reviews - arrogant, defensive and difficult to find. I have been without my DC35 in working order for almost 4 months, multiple calls, finally I was told to send it back (my time, my effort to find a box etc), sent it 3 weeks ago by courier still no replacement. Customer service like this combined with questionable product reliability (at least in this product line) are a terrrible combination. Too bad they don't seem to care.

Jun 21, 2013, Brooks

Owned this vacuum for 2 months used it twice. It had such a high pitched squeal that I neeced hearing protection. Called Dyson they could even hear it over the phone. Sent it away for repair. It was the same if not worse when I got it back. Called Dyson again and had sent it away again to be replaced. New one came ... same thing. Thank goodness I was able to return it for a full refund.

Company Profile

Products & Services

Products
Vacuums, fans, fan/heaters, hand dryers

Credentials & Financial Information

WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!