Category :
Owner/Manager:
Kyle Ratcliffe

Dr Green Lawn Care Services

Company Profile

Dr. Green Services is proud to be celebrating our 27th anniversary this year and we would like to thank each and every customer that has made this possible. As a family owned and operated business we very fortunate to have the support of our loyal customers.

more...

Reviews for Dr Green Lawn Care Services

Show:

May 01, 2013, Waterloo

We have had lawn care companies to our property before but never have we been less satisfied with the whole experience than with Dr. Green of Mississauga. They actually promised us that all the weeds would be gone by the third treatment, that we had access to a "lawn specialist" at any time and that we could get a respray any time. Their customer service was combative every time we tried to speak with them, we never did see their "lawn specialist" (although we requested him several times), we had lots of weeds all summer and most of the men that came to spray were able to get out of their truck and then back into it in less than 10 minutes. The lawn was well sprayed only once all summer. It was a BIG waste of money and we would never recommend them to anyone. Further more..... they showed up out of the blue this spring and it was only by luck that we were home to send them away. We were told that we had to call them to cancel our service from LAST YEAR, as they subscribe to a "negative marketing" plan which is deceitful and was never mentioned last year. They have returned three times in three weeks to spray (which is better service than we received last summer) and I have been on the phone four times trying to cancel the service. They keep coming. If you sign up with them be prepared to enjoy your weeds for the season and to be unable to be finished with them next year.

Company Response:
Hello, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with us. If I can help you in any way or answer any questions or concerns you may have please email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to help you. thank you

Apr 23, 2013, Oakville

Great sales people. Horrible customer service. Cancelled service by phone. Came and did the service a week later anyway and invoiced me. Now I have to wait a week while they investigate their phone history. Agent says I didn't call in! Very unhelpful and hung up when I said a week was unacceptable. Avoid them at all costs.

Apr 17, 2013, Brampton

Last year I hired Dr. Green Lawn Care Services and after 2.5 months of receiving services my lawn looked awful! Then I decided to do it myself and I bought high quality Fertilizer and high quality Coated Grass Seed and in 3 weeks my grass looked beautiful! perfect! and everything thanks to myself not to Dr. Green. Last week (April 11, 2013) a sales representative visited my home and my wife told him we were not intersted in the service for this season and today (April 17, 2013) a specialist visited my home, fertilized my lawn and leave an invoice for $ 48. Dr. Green did not send to me a notification of the visit 24hr before as they ususally did last year which would have allowed me enough time to call and cancel or closed my customer account and suspend the visit avoiding that invoice. They have an automatic renewal in their system and they can charge whatever they want! So now they pretend I pay that invoice. This is really a very bad services and worst administrative control.

Apr 12, 2013, Maple

Brutal. One depot in missisauga that services a crazy size area. Burned lawn. very difficult biz model that does not allow the same techs to come to the property. Missed a section of the property EVERY time. failed to attend follow ups or did not give notice. Worked with them for 2 years to try and give them a chance. poor Biz model not the people.

Apr 08, 2013, Mississauga

I followed all instructions as specified and watered my grass regularly , as that was what i was told to take care of however entire Summer my lawn looked really bad with bald patches and no where close to the photographs shown on the website or what was promised . all applications were done randomly and not evenly . weed removal spray was not apllied evenly and had to request for re application many times . very unprofessional ... there was no difference made to my lawn before or after hiring them . even after repeated instructions that application should only be done after ringing the bell and letting us know that they are on our property , requests were not followed. This year they ever had the guts to come back and put fertilizer on our lawn without permission / authorisation and even after we gave clear instructions that we do not want to continue the service this year . Highly unprofessional !

Apr 07, 2013, Mississauga

Paid in advance for them to take care of my lawn for a season, very very very poor level of maintenance, work is always done in a hurry some days I didn't notice anyone come to do their part, very little to no customer service once you pay in full. Do NOT i repeat DO NOT deal with these guys, very regretful.

Company Response:
Hello Kasim, I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience with us. Please if I can help you email me at [email protected] and it would be my pleasure to address any of your concerns. Thank you

Mar 14, 2013, Mississauga

I am happy and would highly recommend Dr Green's services. In a short time after signing up with Dr Green, a few of my neighbours noticed and complimented me on the improvement in the appearance of our lawn. What I appreciate most about Dr Green's services is the communication between Dr Green and me. As per our lawn care agreement, we were notified about lawn applications before, during, and after. So, I was fully aware of what was being done to our lawn and what I needed to do, to get the most out of the lawn treatments.

Company Response:
Hi Mike, We are happy to hear that just after a short time we have been able to get your lawn back into great shape, and its also great to hear that your neighbors have taken notice to our hard work as well. We look forward to another great year ahead.

Mar 05, 2013, Calgary

It all started when a salesman knocked at the door and explained the services without being pushy! Dr Green was exactly what we were after! We got a great deal and the staff have been professional with their communication and follow up visits. We are looking forward to healthy weed-free green grass this Spring! We highly recommend Dr Green!"

Company Response:
Hi Kim and Richard, Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you have been satisfied customers of ours. We are also looking forward to another great year ahead.

Mar 04, 2013, Calgary

I first signed up for Dr. Green's services a couple of years ago. We bought a house where the lawn had been neglected for a long time. I was losing the battle against dandelions and thistles. I was happy with the results after Dr. Green had treated the grass. I also found their communication to be effective. I always get email and/or telephone notice when they are planning to come. This is helpful when you have small children that leave toys all over the yard.

Company Response:
Hi Joe, Thank you for your positive thoughts. We appreciate you being such a loyal customer of ours for the past few seasons. We look forward to another great year ahead.

Mar 04, 2013, North York

Just a note to convey to you how pleased we are with the services provided by your company. We have been customers for many years and I really appreciate the fact that at no time have I felt pressured to sign on for more than we needed or could afford. The young men who have provided services are always courteous, co-operative and friendly. I also appreciate getting notice of when they are coming. Keep up the good work.

Company Response:
Hi Maureen, We thank you for being a loyal customer of ours for the past few years. We are glad we have been able to help your lawn get back to its full potential while keeping you budget in mind. We look forward to another great year ahead.

Company Profile

As we look forward to this year we are very excited about some important improvements we have made to our 2013 treatment plans. In an effort to provide our customers with a thicker, greener lawn, and fewer weeds than last year we changed our weed control method and added an extra visit to each of our programs. We are now going be using an improved liquid product which has been tested and we know works well. Additional visits, combined with these new methods that will allow us to have better coverage of your weeds and will result in better results.
While we are very excited about these changes it is important to realize that controlling weeds naturally is more difficult than when using traditional products. You should expect to see a 75% reduction in your weeds after each treatment and with more treatments the effect will be compounded as the year goes on. This means that providing you with a healthy lawn and much fewer weeds can be expected, but it will be a work in progress.
In conjunction with seasonal fertilization, annual aeration and seeding, and the commitment of our clients to properly water and mow, we will continue to make a difference together.
At Dr. Green we are constantly looking at ways that we can improve our service. Over the winter months we thoroughly assessed what we did well in the past and what we need to do better this year. From new and innovative products to implementing state of the art technology, we will do whatever it takes. We have worked very hard to ensure that every employee at Dr. Green is committed to providing the best possible customer service experience in the years to come.

Products & Services

Products
Fertilizer, Weed Control, Premium Grass Seed
Services
Fertilizer, Weed Control, Aerating, Grub Control,Surface Insect Control, Seeding, Top Dressing, Power Raking, Slit Seeding, Gutter Cleaning

Credentials & Financial Information

1985
Visa, Mastercard, Online Banking, Cash and Cheque
Ontario Pesticides Operator License,Alberta Pesticides Operator License, Pesticide applicator cert
Landscape Ontario, PLANET,LANTA, Mississauga News Platinum Award, Cambridge Times Platinum Award
Ontario Agriculture College - Horticulture
There is no project too small for us!
PROJECT RATE
A quote will be provided before any services will be performed on your property.
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
Dr. Green guarantees everything that is applied onto your lawn! We also offer FREE service calls!

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!