Category :
Rhona Norton
Hours:
Mon,Tue & Thu 8-9, Wed 8-1, Fri 8-8, Sat 8-4

County Appliances

Company Profile 52 years of experience. Sell all brands of major & some small kitchenaid appliances. *Free delivery.

You Might Also Consider

Teletime Brampton T V and Appliances SuperStore Etobicoke

My experience with Teletime in Brampton was one of the best experiences I have had with any major retail store! The TV was...

Henry Boon from Windsor 1 Feb 19, 2014

Reviews for County Appliances

Mar 27, 2014, Thornhill

We went to County Appliances to look for a new dishwasher - we wanted a basic one that would do a good job without all the bells and whistles. We dealt with Fred, he was very knowledgeable about the different brands and did not try to upsell the higher end brands. Their delivery/installation was professional, quick and they cleaned up when they were finished and they fixed a broken kitchen cabinet door without me asking.

Oct 01, 2013, Old Toronto

Appliance repairman Steve Brannan recommended County Appliances to us more than a decade ago, and we are so happy with the frig we bought then, we returned this summer to purchase a stove for the same kitchen. We had hopes and specifications for both the frig and stove that County was able to meet without hesitation, and within our budget in both cases. Our stove shopping was pretty disappointing until we went to County, where on a sweltering July day, the congenial Jeff provided information and options unequalled by any other salesperson we had met. He found us exactly what we wanted, and delivery was right on time. Even the acrobatics we anticipated to move the stove in were a cinch for the guys on the job. We are now looking for a dryer ... and eventually a washer too. Needless to say, County Appliances is part of the research.

Jun 16, 2011, North York

Service by the sales staff was excellent. Very knowledgeable far more than the larger department stores. The delivery and set up was excellent. This was my second purchase from County Appliance and it certainly wont be my last. What I liked best was they did it all. Away with the old stuff and in with the new. Enjoying my LG washer and dryer with direct drive. It gets great reviews from consumer reports.

Feb 23, 2011, East York

Only 3 of 6 appliances delivered.Dishwasher wouldn't work and pipe hooked around sink spray nozzle hose, drain pipe twisted so it leaked, microwave was damaged. Washer/dryer 2 weeks late & dryer damaged & hot/cold hooked up backwards. Fridge 2 months late and not set up properly. I had to pay plumber and handyman to fix the problems, though I had already paid County $210. to do it. 1 & 1/2 years later I'm still trying to get compensation for the installation charges and reimbursement for what I had to pay to have someone else install things properly. I also spent 14 days waiting for deliveries, repairs,replacements & agents to check damage, etc.

Mar 17, 2010, North York

We checked around for a place to buy a stove and County was recommended by family and friends. What a mistake. Kathryn seemed friendly and helpful in person when we were still figuring out what we wanted in a stove. But once we started ordering, the signs were there and we should have bailed on them. It took almost 6 weeks for County to tell me that the first brand of stove we requested was not available. Then 4 days to call about the next preference. It took another 5 weeks to obtain a stove with the features we were happy with. Finally on Dec. 22 they showed up with the stove. But County's delivery people cinched the belts so tight around the stove that the oven glass shattered when they loosened the belts - there was glass all over the main floor of the house while the stove sat in the hallway. They removed the oven door and put it in the garage. The stove was hooked up to the gas so I had a working stovetop but no oven. They didn't even put the oven in straight (it was out by an inch on the right side) and there was no filler piece for the gap (no one had asked about whether this was needed - I hadn't bought a stove before and didn't recognize the need). The short version of the rest of the sad story is that County, especially Jeff and Kathryn, made very little effort to get the oven door fixed or obtain a filler strip for the gap at the back. They made little effort to return my calls. I had to call them and the repair company every week to find out what, if anything, was happening. Jeff of County would tell me that the door was on order but it never arrived. Endless promises and almost 3 months without a usable oven. We finally wrote them demanding that they remove the stove and refund our money. And so it sits in our garage. That's yet to be sorted out. Never pay them a cent unless everything is OK. No deposit - you risk losing a lot if there's a problem. I found Jeff and Kathryn evasive and unresponsive when their delivery people had screwed up. They blamed the weather and the manufacturer for everything (no, ovens don't shatter because it's -10 C). The service/repair person they sent checked out the damage and said it was niether the weather nor a manufacturing defect - just poor delivery practices. I've now seen Sears deliver a new stove within 5 days and handle it with care, never stressing the piece with tight straps. Wish I'd gone there in the first place.

Jan 14, 2010, North York

We were recommended to County Appliance store several years ago by Steve Brannan (appliance repair specialist). We took his recommendation. Because of a good past experience, we contacted Jeff Kane again when we needed to replace our downdraft range. I also wanted to know if it was possible to add an over the range microwave oven. Jeff had a positive attitude and came to the house to measure the space for both products. I was pleased when he assured us that he could supply the products I preferred, as well as having the needed dimensions to install them. The delivery & installation went well. The old products were removed, as well as packaging materials from the new products, as we had requested. There was no additional charge for this.

Apr 28, 2009, Toronto

Recommended to County by Steve Brennan. Called in advance and sales person immediately gave me a recommendation on what to purchase with solid advice why. Did not try to over sell me on other models. When went in to store he showed me two options and described what I would get with both - more focused on convenience of use rather then features that may never or rarely get used. We were sold. Delivery was very easy and accommodating as they worked around our schedule and a time that would work for us to be home. Deliver individuals were friendly, respectful of home and fast (wish they took the box with them but oh well - that is an issue to take up with the City of Toronto!).

Apr 10, 2008, Toronto

County had been recommended to me by several friends who all had a great experience. I was looking for a washer and dryer and had checked several stores before finally deciding to purchase from County, who had the best price at the time. I was told both were in stock and would be delivered on a specific date the following week. The morning of delivery I was told I could have the washer, however the dryer was backordered for one week. Six weeks later I still didn't have a dryer and it was now too cold to hang washing outside to dry. I was in regular contact with County and was continually told that it was backorder at the distribution warehouse. Several competitors now had the same set on sale for considerably less. County still could not give me a date for delivery on the dryer. They would not take the washer back and refund my money, nor would they match the advertised sale price of their competitors. I checked with the other stores and all had the set in stock and could deliver the same or next day. Getting nowhere with County I called the manufacturer myself and was told that they had no order in their system from County and that there were plenty of this dryer in stock and it had never been backordered. I was also told that this set was now discontinued and what was in stock was all that there would be. When I relayed This information to the sales person at County it got me nowhere except a verbal thrashing. When after another two weeks I still didn't have a dryer I made a second call to the manufacturer. I received the same information as my previous call I then made a complaint about this retailer to the manufacturer. Coincidentally I suddenly had a dryer later that day. I was met with contempt and hostility from the sales person at County on almost every visit and phone call after the initial purchase. I felt that the sales person was not truthful on the reasons for the delay in delivery. I was not compensated in any way for the delay, the costs associated with taking my laundry to a laundromat to dry, or the considerable lowering in price by the time I finally did receive the dryer.

Oct 22, 2007, THORNHILL

I have found with most goods and services I usually have to decide whether to go for a rock bottom price and sacrifice service or pay a bit more but get much better service. With County Appliance I did not have to make this choice Not only did they beat everybody elses price but their service was also excellent. I have bought appliances at other stores and there is no comparison with the delivery service. The guys from County Appliance were real professionals who really cared.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Oct 10, 2007, Toronto

We have been shopping at County for all of our appliances for 15 years now(including a Thermador stove, Amana refrigerator, Maytag washer and dryer, and an LG dishwasher, and we are always satisfied. Price is always the best available. Jeff Caine has been our contact there and he has very good product knowledge and services customers well.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!