Category :
Owner/Manager:
Brent Jeffreys
Hours:
7 Days a week

Classic Home Inspections Inc.

Company Profile

Call or text us at 416 458 5895... www.classichomeinspections.ca Look below to see us on "HGTV" and "CBC NEWSWORLD" Thank you for checking us out! We only have REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS written below
(meaning, we DON"T sit and write our own reviews with the odd "real" review thrown in!!!) . We have been on Homestars for 8 years!!! With Homestars we allow you to tell us how we are doing.

more...
Servicing:

Brampton, Concord, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge

Reviews for Classic Home Inspections Inc.

Show:

Oct 12, 2011, Markham

Thank you so much for making time during your thanksgiving weekend to do our home inspection on such late notice. Even though we bought the house without an inspection we still felt it was important to get an overall idea of the condition of the home. It was a relief to know that our home has no major problems, in fact for a 40 year old house it was well kept and built like a bull. Thanks for the great news and giving us a piece of mind.

Company Response:
Thank you soooo much Jess for leaving the review! I'm sure you two will love your new home. Even more, I'm sure that you will love the area! Toronto Hunt Club is one of my favorite areas in of all Toronto! It's always interesting going into an inspection where people have purchased the home without an inspection. It is a roll of the dice, however in your case, you did good!!! Thanks so much again for the review Jess, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Oct 08, 2011, BRAMPTON

Had the pleasure of having Brent inspect my new home. He was very through, climbed up on the roof, took pictures of everything, and got up into the attic. He also told me I could contact him any time if I had any questions. He also took the time to let me know what to look out for in owning a home, since this was my first home purchase.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the kind words and review Vik! It was great meeting with you too! Wow, is everyone moving to Brampton? That has to be one of the hottest areas of the GTA right now! Another beautiful Brampton home! I'm sure that you two will be quite happy with your purchase. Vik, purchasing a home can be quite "overwhelming", if you ever have questions about the home, don't hesitate to contact me. I will more than happy to help you with your questions. Thanks again Vik, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Oct 08, 2011, North York

Brent was very thorough, courteous and informative. He spotted things that I had glossed over at first. He took the time to even explain the maintenance of the pool and fireplace that we have never owned. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a house inspector.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the kind words and review Hideki! I really appreciate you taking the time and leaving feedback. I means a lot to me! Please, if you ever have any questions about the home always feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks again, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Oct 07, 2011, BRAMPTON

Brent thank-you so much for a very thourough and descriptive home inspection, it was a pleasure walking through the inspection with you from the outside of the home throughout the inside of the home. While we felt this home was our home for the next 20 years through our choice of many homes in this neighbourhood, and the only house we put an offer on, you have given us a feeling of pride and home ownership in making the right choice.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the kind words and review Steve! A real Brampton beauty! I'm sure you and your family will be quite happy with you new home. Always please feel free to contact me if you ever have questions about the home. Thanks again, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Oct 05, 2011, MARKHAM

Brent inspected our home yesterday and did an absolutely amazing job! He was on-time, very professional, gave us great tips and pointers on what to look out for in the future, and even on ways to save money. He went the extra mile, such as, giving us a tutorial on how to light our gas fireplace properly, and even took his ladder right up to our attic to check for mold, termites, air circulation and insulation. If you are considering a home inspection in the future, I highly recommend Brent. He will do the job very well. Brent, thank you very much, great job!

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the kind words and leaving the review Duncan! I really appreciate it! It is funny, I just did an inspection last night and there was a "pre-listing" report done by a very large home inspection company. Certainly well known in the home inspection world around the GTA. I went up into the attic only to find a whole bunch of mold, exhaust vents discharging into the attic, plumbing pipes discharging into the attic space, and next to no insulation. The homebuyers were rather surprised at my findings. They at that point had informed me of the inspection that had been already done. I looked to see the report, and nowhere does it mention anything about these issues! As it turns out, they never even looked up into the attic! Simply unbelievable. Inexcusable in my books. Anyways, thank you so much again for the review and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Oct 03, 2011, North York

The service provided by Brent at Classic Home Inspections was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I were treated to an enlightening walk through our inspection of an older property in Toronto. We gained invaluable insight of the existing issues with the property and Brent meticulously and carefully described the measures that we would have to take to rectify them both in the short and long term. We highly recommend Brent for his excellent advice and knowledge and will use his services again. Thank you Brent.

Company Response:
Awe thanks so much Daniel ! I really appreciate you taking the time and leaving feedback for me. I am glad that you were happy with the inspection. You know, it's amazing how many home inspectors just do these quick "walk throughs" of a home and miss more things then they pick up on. Just a waste of money and bunch of headaches down the road for the homebuyer. I figure, hey, you're about to own it, you might as well get to know it REAL GOOD ! Thanks again Daniel, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Sep 28, 2011, East York

We made the mistake of accepting a pre-inspection done for the Seller after our agent insisted the inspector had a good reputation, and that we wouldn't get the house if we didn't. Then we found water trickling into the basement ON CLOSING DAY. The initial inspector informed us that Insurance companies prohibit them from discussing their inspection with the Buyer if they were paid by the Seller (remember this!). After seeing the hundreds of positive reviews regarding Brent's home inspection services and getting inspection quotes from 3 other inspectors, we decided to use Brent. He was everything we were looking for: prompt, courteous, reasonably priced, patient, by-the-book, honest, and most importantly, staggeringly THOROUGH. He walked us through the exterior and interior, explained EVERYTHING, answered all of our questions, explained what could be fixed how, didn't try to sell us services we didn't need (like an infared inspection), and also got our funace on! Among the issues he found that the previous inspector missed included: MOLD, water damage, problems with the driveway, and a leaking faucet. We also greatly appreciated not getting treated any differently for being a gay couple. By the end, Brent spent almost 4 hours with us, and his inspection binder is STILL a resource we refer back to. Thank you Brent!

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Never accept a pre-inspection done for the Sellers of a home. Do your own.
Company Response:
Thank you sooooo much for the kind words and review N&N in East York!!! I was hoping that you would leave a review, not because I wanted another "10", but so you would share your experience with others. That was certainly an interesting one. That home inspector who did the pre-listing inspection on your home is supposed to be some big name home inspector in "The Beach", he works with every real estate office there. The funny thing is he is a Registered Member with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors, who is considered the "tops" in the field. How he every missed that leak I'll never know, well I could guess, seeing his business is all from realtors. As a matter of fact, I did one the other day over in Parkdale, same situation, again how the pre-listing inspector ever missed a massive leak and a bunch of mold I'll never know. That is interesting about what the inspector told you with insurance, personally, I've never heard of that in my life. I encourage people to call me up if I have done a pre-listing inspection on a property. Odd, so do most other legitimate inspection companies encourage it. Maybe he was trying to cover his mistakes. What's even more odd that in this day and age, especially in the city of Toronto where the population is so diverse, is that people are treating you differently because you are a gay couple. Maybe when these people that you are dealing with graduate high school, they will realize that people have different life styles. PS, don’t feel special that the furnace guy was trying to rip you off...they do it to everybody! Imagine, not telling you that there is an “on/off” switch! That would have been a quick $5K for him! Thanks again so much for the review, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Sep 26, 2011, TORONTO

After reading many positive reviews about Brent Jeffreys and Classic Home Inspections I decided that a home inspection was what I needed. I sent Brent and e-mail and he called me the next morning. He asked me a few questions and wanted to know if it was urgent but I let him know that as long as it was before the end of the month that would be great. He was able to schedule me in a week later. He showed up exactly on time as well. My insurance company had sent me a letter letting me know they would no longer be able to offer me replacement value since they did not know the state of my electrical, plumbing, roof and heating. I had tried to determine if I needed a new roof this summer and had 2 companies come out and tell me I needed a new roof and it would be between $9-10K. My neighbour had some work on his roof and the person fixing his roof told me my roof was fine. Brent let me know that my although it may need some repairs over the next few years that it did not have to be replaced and should last between 8-10 years. He confirmed that my electrical and plumbing were also up to date. Hiring a home inspector to let me know what I really needed to fix was the best money I ever spent. Brent did a thorough home inspection and I would not hesitate to call him again the next time a contractor tells me I need to have something fixed. Best $350.00 I have spent on my house to date.

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the review Cherie! I really appreciate it! That was an interesting one about the roof...to think that someone tried ripping you off $10K! Imagine that! It is nice to know that there are some honest trades people out there. Definitely keep the neighbours roofer card. Please Cherie, always feel free to contact me if you ever have questions about the home! PS: I've got nothing to sell you! Thanks so much again Cherie, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Sep 25, 2011, Oakville

Brent was very thorough, friendly and helpful. He took the time to give me a summary of his findings in a face-to-face meeting. He provided me with good advice on what I should do, and had tips on ways to save money (e.g. government grants). I highly recommend his services!!

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the kind words and review Caroline! I really appreciate it! An Oakville gem! I am sure you guys will be quite happy with your home. It was great that we were able to discuss cost effective ways of doing things around the home. Glad you found it to be helpful...Thanks again Caroline, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Sep 19, 2011, North York

Brent is very professional and has lots of knowledge. He was so patient to answer all our questions and gave us many valuable advises. He did a great job. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Company Response:
Thank you so much for the review Grace! I am glad that you were happy with the inspection! Whew! It's great that there wasn't much wrong with the home, even better, I was able to show you ways to fix things without much cost. I always cross my fingers for people when they tell me (such as you did) that they had to purchase the home without the inspection clause in it, just to get the edge when buying the home. Yes, I have done many such as yours with minimal wrong, but many cases people have taken too much of a gamble. By the end of the inspection, they have taken on a home with many costs that they never expected. It is not very nice delivering that news! Thanks again Grace, and thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections!

Company Profile

You want to make sure that you are going to hire someone who is qualified for the job, goes through the home with great detail, and provides you a fully written report.

Why not do a little research on a company before making that call? Classic Home Inspections is NOT here to sell you on us and tell you that we are “the best”, or tell you that we are “the most trusted”. We are on here to allow the people who have used our services to tell you how we are doing. The hundreds of Classic Home Inspections reviews are from REAL CUSTOMERS. We at Classic Home Inspections think the purpose of Homestars is to tell you what people think of us, not to tell you how we think we are. We hope you find it a useful tool when looking for a home inspector.

Our goal at Classic Home Inspections is to have you understand the home as well as we do. We offer competitive rates and flexible hours.

Thank you for all those who have found us on Homestars and for choosing Classic Home Inspections.

Products & Services

Services
Home Inspection

Credentials & Financial Information

2002
Cash, Cheque
Certified Home Inspector
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!