Categories :
Carpet & Rug Retailers Floor Retailers Floor Laying & Refinishing Carpet Installers
Address:
469 Carlaw Ave Toronto , ON M4K 3H9
Owner/Manager:
Carpet Mill
Hours:
Mon-Wed: 9-6 Thu-Fri: 9-8 Sat 9-5

Carpet Mill

Company Profile

Categories: Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Floor Laying & Refinishing, Carpet Installers

Whether you are thinking of resurfacing one room, a set of stairs or your entire home, we’ll help you find the right product for the job. Be it carpet, laminate, hardwood, cork, area rugs or runners – just drop by our 10,000 square – foot showroom, located in the heart of Riverdale at 469 Carlaw Avenue. It would be our pleasure to assist you.
________________________________________________
Carpet...

more...
Servicing:

Etobicoke, North York, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, Toronto, Unionville, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Forest Hill, Rosedale, Leaside, East York, Beaches,Downtown,

Reviews for Carpet Mill

Diane Pendlebury from Toronto Mar 03, 2014
Daniel from Toronto Nov 22, 2013

Aug 29, 2013, Old Toronto

We are very pleased with the service and product we got at Carpet Mill. We purchased laminate flooring for our main floor and they gave us great advice on installing it ourselves. It was very reasonably priced, looks almost exactly like hardwood and we get compliments on it all the time. We went back a few months later to get our basement carpeted. Again, the price was very reasonable and the job was done effectively and efficiently.

Company Response:
Thank You Kristin, it was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Unhappy with carpet mill from East York Apr 08, 2013

Mar 19, 2013, Toronto

Great service from start to finish. A friend of mine recommended Carpet Mill to me. Excellent service! Excellent selection! Excellent price! Excellent installation. The installer arrived on time and did an amazing job. I am very pleased with my carpet and will recommend you to all my family and friends.

Thank you Gina! Were very pleased to help you

Nov 22, 2012, Toronto

We initially used Carpet Mill to replace and install carpet on our second floor when we bought our house 2 years ago. They were able to meet our tight timeline to install before we moved in. This past summer after we renovated our basement, Carpet Mill was the only company we considered. They are friendly, helpful, and direct. Due to contractor issues, we had to reschedule several times, but they were always accommodating. And when we needed to make a fix to the concrete underneath the carpet after install, they were kind enough to come back to lift the carpet up for us at no charge. Great customer service, professional and trusted.

Company Response:
We appreciate the kind review! Hope to serve you again in the future

Nov 11, 2012, Toronto

We used the Carpet Mill in the Summer of 2009 to install new basement carpeting and underlay. 3 years later it still looks awesome. The installers arrived bright and early, and worked all day, barely taking breaks. We live in an old Victoria house and they spent a lot of time with the underlay to make sure that it would camouflage the uneven stair treads and wonky basement floor. The carpet we chose has a grid pattern to it and they seamed it off site and matched the lines exactly. They left us generous remnants, which we ended up needing 2 years later and were very grateful for. We were very happy with them 3 years ago on the install, and can vouch that their workmanship has stood up. I have recommended them to several friends and everyone has been very happy with them as well. I will definitely return.

Oct 18, 2012, Toronto

Great experience from start to finish - helpful sales staff, quick turn-around for measurements and installation, and actually really flexible with my own need to postpone installation due to delays in renovation project. Installation was done extremely well, including a few technically challenging areas where the technicians showed their expertise by solving the problems beautifully. I would buy future floorings from this company.

Company Response:
It was our pleasure to help you Hugo, challenging areas are quite common in this line of work

Sep 27, 2012, Toronto

I had to have new carpet installed on my stairs (39 steps, Hollywood style). I was thrilled to find wool carpets at Carpet Mill (look natural, elegant, do not smell like plastic, and biodegradable after you throw them out in so many years). As I found a large enough wool carpet leftover for the surface area of my stairs, I also ended up buying the wool carpet at a cheaper price, almost equal to a synthetic carpet. The installation went very smooth and was very professionally done. I am very satisfied with the work and the two installers, Joe and Jason, did a great job!

Sep 26, 2012, East York

Installation - okay Customer service - poor I had a carpet installed by this company because it was one of the few locations that is located in Toronto (vs driving to Vaughan). The experience seemed fine until I wasted the better part of my day waiting for their installer. The first issue is that the installer did not show up during the agreed upon time and it was not until late within the appointment that the Carpet Mill office called me telling me that they had somebody call in sick that day. We had to reschedule (which costed me more time off work = more hours I had to make up later). We rescheduled for later during the day and STILL, the installer did not show up. I called the Carpet Mill back and they told me that the installer would be about an hour late. Finally the installer showed up and the time that he told me that it would take to install was twice that of what the office told me. I ended up losing more time at home waiting for the installers to finish. It wasn't until my contractor put the baseboards in that I realized that the carpet installer did not do a great job cutting the underpad - there is one small section that is too low and my contractor suggests that this is the case because the underpad was not cut cleanly (i.e. 95% good, 5% bad but I can still see that 5% section). I think it's completely double standard that I have to uphold my end of the appointment but the company can get away with not abiding by the agreed upon time. They did say 'sorry' over the phone. If this is good enough for you, I guess you can use this company. I think it's a dirty business practice.

Company Profile

________________________________________________
Carpet Mill , Carpet Retailers, Floor Laying, Flooring retailers,

Products & Services

Products
Carpet, Carpet Remnants, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Area Rugs, Cork Flooring, Leather Flooring, carpet tile, commercial vinyl, Engineered, vinyl planks, wool carpet, shag carpet, marmorette, runners
Services
Carpet Installation, Hardwood Installation, Delivery, Binding, Custom work, serging, estimates,
Brands
Armstrong, Godfrey Hirst, Shaw, Mohawk, Preverco, Vintage, Coswick, Laurentian,HGTV, Torly's, Wicanders, Stevens Omni, Shnier, Tuftex, Unique Carpets, Carnival Rugs, Shaw Rugs, Karastan, Itec, Richmond, Quickstep, Solida, IVC, Smartstrand, stainmaster,
Styles
Carpet-Wool sisals, Berbers, cut and loop, level loop, friezes, cut piles, Rugs-modern, contemporary, traditional, Vinyl-modern, contemporary
Specialties
Custom rugs, Hand Binding, serging, machine binding, custom runners

Credentials & Financial Information

1993
24 hour refund or exchange on rugs, all remnants, special orders and cut orders are final sale
visa, mastercard, amex,debit, cash
builder-renovator
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!