Category :
Masonry & Bricklaying
Address:
62 Boyd Avenue Toronto , ON M9N 2C9

Brian's Chimney Service

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

Otto's Masonry

otto.JPG

I found this gorgeous wall underneath the plaster when we demolished the wall the renovate the downstairs bathroom. It was...

Anne-Margaret Welton in North york 5 Apr 08, 2014

Reviews for Brian's Chimney Service

Mar 23, 2012, YORK

i have used brians masonry service for over 100 projects that i have done........and not once did any of my clients have any issues that others speak of.....it amazes me how other companies were always a factor hmmmmmmmm.......... im just saying

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
absolutely nothing.........sometimes it doesnt matter how good you are - we cant please everyone...... keep up the good work brian and team.........

Jan 09, 2012, Toronto

This contractor is incompetent. Although aesthetically it looked like he did a good job (from the ground) we ended up with brand new leak in our roof right only around the chimney. When we had roofers up to take a look at what's going on there, they took pictures and showed us holes where it appeared he'd hacked out pieces of the roof and tried to patch them with mortar!!! Not only that but there was NO flashing replaced around the chimney itself. We, too, got this contractor's information off the Holmes on Homes website and will not make that mistake again. It was MY fault for not going up onto the roof to look at the work he didn't do the first time, but Brian - it's your fault for doing a really crappy job and I sincerely hope that others will not make the mistake I did by hiring you.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Do a good a job the first time!
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Do not contract Brian's Chimney Service.

Apr 17, 2011, East York

Brian rebuilt our chimney - we should have gone up on the roof to look at it ourselves because when we went to have the flat roof done - we were told there was NO flashing surrounding our chimney and not only this, but he had done a very sloppy job around the base of the chimney itself - filling "holes" with mortar to patch them - basically leaving the job unfinished. We got this guy's reference off of the Holmes on Homes website hoping that the job would be done right. Horrible experience. I highly recommend STAYING AWAY from this contractor.

Oct 19, 2010, Pickering

We had a similar experience to other stories posted. Brian's Chimney Service did a chimney rebuild from the roof up. The concrete cap cracked as well as several layers of brick. Despite multiple phone calls and emails (including pictures of the disintegration), this company does not stand by the warranty or even return calls. I would under no circumstances use them again nor recommend them to anyone.

Jun 08, 2010, North York

No bad winter with shovelling. Repairs fell apart. Called six times and Brian didn't return my calls to redo the shoddy work that was done. Warned would make these comments. Stil no reply from him to fix the shoddy work. Will now have to incur cost of repairing his repair!!!!

Aug 29, 2009, Etobicoke

Brian's quoted and rebuilt our chimney from the roof up, which looked fine when finished, but within 18 months I noticed pieces of concrete on my roof which had come from the disintegrating cap. I placed 6 or 8 calls, left messages about the problem, and even tried from a friend's phone in case he was recognizing my number and deliberately avoiding my call for some remedial work. I never did get talking to him or even his office person and finally gave up and called another masonry contractor who repaired the cap. I would under no circumstances use them again nor recommend them to anyone.

Apr 15, 2009, Toronto

We found this contractor on the Mike Holmes site. We asked for a chimney rebuild and informed Brian that we were having our roof redone the same summer. Brian came to the house, did the work and we paid him. What we found out later from the roofers was that he did the work in such a way that the middle section of the chimney was fine, but the base of the chimney is still completely rotted out and the new chimney cap that he installed has already cracked. So I call he up and ask him to come by and take a look at it. He was extremely defensive and actually blamed the roofers first for damaging the chimney (I don't know how it would be possible for them to have caused the bricks at the base of the chimney rebuild to rot out) and then informed me that they didn't know what they were talking about because they were roofers not chimney guys. Again, that's a pretty hard sell. He never did come by to look at the chimney, did not honour his waranty with us and in my opinon is not a trustworthy contractor. I would not recommend his services to anyone.

Jun 11, 2007, Toronto

Decided to have my chimney lowered and capped (strictly cosmetic chimney) as it was beginning to look a little ragged. After reading several good reviews on other sites and being recommended by Holmes on Homes I decided to go with Brian's Chimney Service. Provided a very competitive quote within a day of calling but I had to wait 4-6 weeks for the actual work to be done. This was not a big deal - if you're busy, you're busy! They did a great job at capping the chimney and left no mess whatsoever (and didn't damage a thing)! The price was good, quality was great and I didn't have to lift a finger (haven't even received the bill yet!). After my experience, I would recommend them for any chimney/brick work you may need done! Remember... it pays to read reviews and get quotes!

Jan 23, 2007, Toronto

It is unfortunate that this rating system works on so few number of people who respond.Brian's services has done me no wrong in the 8yrs he has cleaned my chimney.I'm a small $ dollar service he provides me,and for 1 other rating who has had a bad experience to make him look bad is not right.Ask the five star rated company's if they have ever had an upset cutomer. yours truly review #2.

May 13, 2006, Toronto

2.5

Not a great experience with this company. Severe damage to other areas of our house causing us to call in another company to fix the damage. Brian's Chimney did not return calls when an independent company confirmed the damage, and no offer to compensate was made. Look elsewhere for quality work.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!